[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
The Man in the High Castle
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5
File: hqdefault.jpg (25 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
25 KB, 480x360
We're supposed to be rooting for the Nazis, right? Most of the resistance characters are pretty unlikable, especially the girl.
>>
File: 140427allan-harvey1.jpg (35 KB, 350x240) Image search: [Google]
140427allan-harvey1.jpg
35 KB, 350x240
Also glad to see Lou get justice.
>>
>>63233597
Oberstgruppenfurher Smith is my favorite character and honestly the coolest one.
>>
>>63234661
Him and on the japanese side the trade minister and the chief inspector were the best characters in this show by far
Has a season 2 been confirmed yet?
>>
>>63234728
There ought to be, none of the plots were actually resolved
>>
File: Rudolph-Wegener.jpg (121 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
Rudolph-Wegener.jpg
121 KB, 612x380
RIP Rudy :'(
>>
>>63234728

Something about the japs on this show makes it very hard to dislike them, even that inspector guy who gassed the woman and her children. Like he genuinely felt bad about what happened even though he could was legally allowed to kill them anyway and didn't need to feel bad.

Compare that with the white cop in the country that one episode talking about killing cripples in the hospital and you immediately didn't like him even though he didn't do shit.
>>
>>63234661
I'm the most anti-nazi andi-jap person I know, and even I thought Smith was great.

Sure, he is a Nazi officer, but he is also a family man who loves his wife, sons, daughters and he cares about his comrades too. Hes done some bad stuff, but he isn't proud of it. Should he have done some of it? Maybe not, but hes a flawed character.

The Trade Minister is pretty great too, and I'd like to see more of the Inspector, to learn more about him.

Julia just kind of bothered me because she was sort of everywhere, and I honestly didn't quite even see how a romantic bond between her and Joe could form. I dunno, maybe I missed it but I felt no chemistry except on Joe's part, maybe. Frank was alright.
>>
>>63233806
Thank you Lou for creating anime
>>
I'm on the side of based

T A G O M I
A
G
O
M
I
>>
>>63234989
Julia/Joe/Frank irritated the hell out of me by the end of the season. All of them by all rights should have been executed a dozen times over if it wasn't for the plot needing to keep them alive. Like there's no reason whatsoever at the end why the black guy shouldn't have just put a bullet in the back of Julia's skull right there on the dock for letting an obvious Nazi spy carrying The Most Important Object Ever escape for the millionth time.
>>
Can somebody explain the films to me?

WasHitler the Man in the High Castle all along?
>>
>>63235165
Doing that would just give the audience an overt reason for rooting for the Nazis and Japs.

I don't hate any of the resistance characters or anything, but I didn't really like them. Still, I understood them. I understand their actions, and their motivations. I mean yeah they do a lot of stupid shit they shouldn't have done. but I get it.
>>
I kind of wish this show had focused more on a "slice of life" kind of thing with politics in the background rather than being about the resistance. The best part by far is the setting and hearing shit about what happened in the war. Something like a period piece like Mad Men would have been cool. Yes, I realize this is based on a book so it obviously was never going to be that way but still.
>>
>>63235342

The book's a lot more like that. The Grasshopper Lies Heavy is barely even relevant. There's no resistance. It's mainly about Tagomi meeting with Wegener and the Japanese admiral, whatever he's called, and Frank and Ed's adventures in the world of commercial artisan jewellery. Juliana just kind of sluts around aimlessly.
>>
>>63235342
I think the resistance aspect should have been ditched, and they should have instead concentrated much harder on the political drama.

I always thought like, a cop show in an alternate history setting would be cool. Or a cop show in the future or something. I want an alternate history or future setting where the setting is a backdrop instead of the focus.
>>
File: heydrich&frank.jpg (49 KB, 500x509) Image search: [Google]
heydrich&frank.jpg
49 KB, 500x509
>>63233597
>rooting for the Nazis?
As far as /tv/ is concerned, probably, yeah.
There's so much bleed-through from /pol/ we might as well call it /nz/
>>
If Hitler was the man in the high castle, then does that mean the resistance is a controlled opposition?
>>
>>63235452
Would have been cool tbqh
>>
>>63236368
I've always liked the idea of like a lawyer show in one of these settings. How neat would that be?
>>
>>63236451
> lawyer
> thorough background checks to make sure your not a jew
>>
File: mybrohitler.jpg (3 KB, 124x124) Image search: [Google]
mybrohitler.jpg
3 KB, 124x124
>>63234661

Obergruppenfuhrer smith is based as fuck
>>
Hope this show ends next season. This seems like the kind of thing that could easily be milked to death with shitty twists, like everyone being double agents or knowing way too much information. They're already right on the edge of overusing that kind of stuff this season.
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.