[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
People only like this ironically right?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4
People only like this ironically right?
>>
>>63233058
I thought it was funny. The reason most people "love it" is because it's a cult film that's really easily accessible to mainstream audiences.
>>
>>63233084

When does it get good? I had to turn it off after about 40 minutes. and that was about 35 minutes too long
>>
>>63233140
It might not be your type of humor. It's very dry.
>>
>>63233058
comfy as fuck
>>
It's relatable and relatable comedy does very well. If you've ever worked in retail, Clerks. If it was an office environment, Office Space. Food service, Waiting.
>>
>>63233174

No I get the humour... I just don't enjoy the delivery vehicle it's in
>>
because you born in the '00, that's why you can't get it
>>
infuriating movie because he picks caitlin bree
>>
>>63233245
Why are you watching movies while working?
>>
>>63233058
> my tastes are the benchmark plebs, know your place

you post on an iranian knitting BBS, stop huffing your own farts you fag
>>
wew lad
>>
>>63233174
Is wet humor a thing?
>>
>theres actually going to be a third film
>>
It's awesome you stupid millenial fuck.
>>
>>63233315

>working

where do you think we are?
>>
Jay and Silent Bob are stupid characters. A couple of stoners who spout dumb-ass catchphrases like a third-rate Cheech and Chong or Bill and Ted. Fuck Jay and Silent Bob. Fuck them up their stupid asses.
>>
I liked it, but I think it's a bit overrated

I was watching clips of it on Youtube a while ago, and I think it really works a lot better in that format. A whole feature-length movie in that style doesn't really work for me, but as a series of shorts it's pretty good
>>
>>63233405
they don't use that many catchphrases, or any at all really that I can think of. Just swear a lot.
>>
>>63233617
Not him but you'd have to see jay and silent bob strike back to get that post
>>
>>63233617

you idiot.
>>
I only ironically like things ironically
>>
Its like the Big Lebowski.

If you like a talkie, it's fantastic, if you dont, whatever.

I personally think its fantastic. It nails the picture of working a shitty job, and the writing is as good as it gets for that kind of comedy.
>>
It's a buddy movie were the second guy doesn't show up until a half hour in.
>>
it hits perfectly on what working a dead end job and just kind of float through life is like.
>>
>>63233058

I liked it when I was 15. Sometime in my 20s i realized it was shit.

basically, idiot teens who think they are smarter than they are eat Kevin Smith's garbage up.
>>
File: 1378015325334.png (241 KB, 377x424) Image search: [Google]
1378015325334.png
241 KB, 377x424
>>63233058

The very definition of the word "Tryhard".
>>
>>63233058
It's a movie for the last generation. I'm not surprised millenials are confused by it.
>>
>>63235851
You're a millenial, too.
>>
File: implying.jpg (129 KB, 393x469) Image search: [Google]
implying.jpg
129 KB, 393x469
>>63236249
>>
>>63236404
If you aren't you're too old to be here, gramps
>>
>>63233405
Can't believe they made a stupid B&C film.
What do you expect from that tracer banky Edwards
Why can't Holden get any credit imagine that lesbian comedy comic as a movie.
>>
>>63233405
>Just fucking noticed your name.
My sides.
>>
>>63236404
So you were born before 1980?
>>
I hadn't seen until this year. I really disappointed, but I think it was due to everyone hypying the movie.
>>
>>63235851
I'm a millennial and I like both Clerks movies.
>>
>>63233058
Fresh off the boat, from reddit, kid? heh I remember when I was just like you. Braindead. Lemme give you a tip so you can make it in this cyber sanctuary: never make jokes like that. You got no reputation here, you got no name, you got jackshit here. It's survival of the fittest and you ain't gonna survive long on 4chan by saying stupid jokes that your little hugbox cuntsucking reddit friends would upboat. None of that here. You don't upboat. You don't downboat. This ain't reddit, kid. This is 4chan. We have REAL intellectual discussion, something I don't think you're all that familiar with. You don't like it, you can hit the bricks on over to imgur, you daily show watching son of a bitch. I hope you don't tho. I hope you stay here and learn our ways. Things are different here, unlike any other place that the light of internet pop culture reaches. You can be anything here. Me ? heh, I'm a judge.. this place.... this place has a lot to offer... heh you'll see, kid . . . that is if you can handle it.
>>
>>63233405
YOU ARE THE ONES WHO ARE THE BALL-LICKERS!
>>
>>63236576
>>63236442
>>
>>63233243
I remember seeing Waiting before I worked in Food Service and thinking it was over the top. Now that I've been in food awhile, it actually seems very toned down.
>>
>>63233058
I enjoy this movie every time I watch it. Just the way the two leads play off each other and their interactions with all the side characters. Working retail did suck that much cock. I'm just sad that I never found the Randel to my Dante. :^ (
>>
>>63233617
DUDE SNOOCH THE BOOCH LMAO
>>
>>63237294
Same thing with Office Space with me. I remember noticing this one door that always shocked me. Turns out I was always dragging my feet with how depressed office work made me. I don't know if that was the joke in the movie but it's my head canon.
>>
This movie just holds a special heart in my place because of Randal's and Dante's relationship.
>Thinking back to Randal's speech in Clerks 2.
Jesus that hits home.
"you're my best friend man don't leave me."
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nux0R_pUqoU
>>
I like it because it reminds me of late high school and early college. Mainly because the conversations sounded like things my old friends would've said back then. Not a big Kevin Smith fan, but always liked how his dialogue sounds like an actual conversation vs something written down. There are problems with going that route though, not gonna lie.
>>
>>63238141
Agree with you 100% the dialogue has a lot of subtleties that you won't notice on your first or second watch... Clerks is the only movie I've seen more than 10 times and means a lot to me. This movies also a product of it's time, not even trying to start shit but I could definitely understand why someone born post-1988 wouldn't get it.
>>
>>63233405
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j_xqLaj0tvM
Thread replies: 47
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.