[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>character's personality and views don't change
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: The_Wire_Bodie.jpg (29 KB, 506x316) Image search: [Google]
The_Wire_Bodie.jpg
29 KB, 506x316
>character's personality and views don't change at all
>no new information is revealed about the character
>but the viewer's opinion of the character changes completely

In Season 1, I thought Bodie was an irredeemable piece of shit for jumping at the chance to kill Wallace.

By Season 4, I found Bodie the most likeable character, even though (and this is important) he is STILL THE TYPE OF PERSON WHO WOULD JUMP AT THE CHANCE TO KILL WALLACE.

I love it when shows pull this trick. Anyone have other examples?
>>
griffith from berserk
>>
Except upto his death, he still regretted jumping at Wallace.

His character went through a lot of development throughout the series. If you didn't notice any of it then maybe you should stick to watching Netflix marvel shows.
>>
>>63232213
Walter White, but backwards.
>>
>>63232276
OP is right in the fact that he doesn't change his views upon life. He gets a bit smarter and but always regretted killing Wallace from the start(so nothing changes). His position in the organization changes, but his way of thinking is the same.
>>
>>63232213

I always sympathized with Bodie because he reminded me of a lot of my friends grew up in poor families and had to hustle to support their families and selves.

Bodie knew what he was doing was wrong, yet felt trapped in I the game and was disgusted with his existence like the guys I knew.
>>
>>63232213

He was still an irredeemable price of shit.

On top of that he was one that finally saw "the game" for the bullshit it is, and still resigned himself to it, choosing death in the game rather than life.

He never jumped at shit. He hesitated, the loud mouth butch talked about doing it, but it was Pooh who manned up.

He quite literally almost grew as a person, but chose not to.

Fuck that nigga.
>>
>>63232276
No, Bodie doesn't really change. He justifies killing Wallace in Season 4, and says it's different from how Marlo operates. IN his final meeting with McNulty, he still looks down on "snitches".

It's just that when you see Bodie in a larger context, he doesn't seem so bad.
>>
>>63232442
>It's just that when you see Bodie in a larger context, he doesn't seem so bad.

This.

Not as big a piece of shit as Marlo, but shitty nonetheless.
>>
File: 1430019694356.jpg (16 KB, 447x444) Image search: [Google]
1430019694356.jpg
16 KB, 447x444
>>63232280
>mentioning walter white
>in a wire thread
>>
Pete Campbell is the white guy version of Bodie. He goes from total dick to lovable dick.
>>
WMD

WE GOT DAT WMD
>>
>>63232852
FUCK DIS NIGGAS SHIT

PANDEMIC! I GOT PANDEMIC! I SAY PANDEMIC!
>>
I guess you could say Seinfeld pulled this trick. It's the reason people hate the last episode, and the reason why I love it.

For nine years the characters seemed entirely reasonable. They're cynical, but the 90s was a time of growing cynicism so they're no better or worse than the people of the time. People could identify with them.

But when the final episode laid out everything they did in such a condensed way it suddenly painted them as complete assholes, even though they were the same as they had always been. People were upset that the characters they so readily identified with for the past almost-decade were revealed to be jerks. The fact that they identified with them meant that they were jerks, but of course they didn't want to think that of themselves, and they translated this cognitive dissonance into hatred of the episode.

tl;dr Seinfeld cast never changed but they went from stereotypical 90s cynics to "wow they're actually total assholes" in the span of one double episode
>>
>>63232255

>character's personality and views don't change at all
>no new information is revealed about the character
>but the viewer's opinion of the character changes completely
>Griffith

But that's just wrong. On all accounts.
>>
>>63233144
I think most people hated it because it was a clip show
>>
>>63232280
>Walter White
This. I don't know if Vince Gilligan is some sort of Lucas-tier idiot savant, or if he just lies in interviews, but he definitely did NOT create the story of a "good man who becomes bad".

BB is the story of a man with no boundaries who stops being held back by society.
>>
Season 1 > 3> 5 > 2 > 4

Sorry, I know everyone lavishes over 4 but I hated the nigger kids so much.
>>
>>63233023

GOT DEM SPIDER BAGS RIGHT CHERE
>>
>>63233837

Hating 4 is fucking ridiculous but 5 is objectively the weakest season. Everyone knows this.
>>
File: uh oh.png (281 KB, 698x407) Image search: [Google]
uh oh.png
281 KB, 698x407
>its a UH OHHHHHH episode
>>
@63233837 (You)
As a black man who has never been on 4chan before I must say I am disgusted with how you people act. First of all the stereotypical, clearly derogatory nature of "anon" as you call them furthers racial stereotypes which cause harm. Second, your treatment of the African American, particularly the casual use of the N-word is truly despicable. It's no wonder this site has such a bad reputation!
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.