[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
When you guys say something is "reddit: the whatever,"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 14
When you guys say something is "reddit: the whatever," what do you mean, exactly?

I don't go there, honestly, so I'm not aware of what their culture is like, but I'm assuming it's just a general word for shit for retards, right?
>>
>>63231229
Reddit: the OP
>>
>>63231229
>>63231251
/tv/ is pretty much Reddit: the board. I honestly don't come here much because of it.
>>
>>63231251
I expect nothing less from you, /tv/.

Seriously, though.
>>
>>63231286
lurk moar, redditor
>>
>>63231229
Reddit doesn't necessarily mean retarded, I know some very intelligent people that I would classify as "reddit".
It's just one of those things where either you know what it means or you don't.
>>
>>63231327
That's the problem. I do lurk and have for the past 4 or so years. Yet, "reddit," in its current connotation, is nothing more than a meaningless buzzword/insult.
>>
It's just a word for people to describe normies and their shit taste in movies/TV/anything.

redditors love capeshit, thus GOTG is a reddit movie.
>>
>>63231251
>>63231283
>>63231327

So you think you can talk shit about reddit all day? That your racism, sexism, homophobia and intolerance will be accepted?

We redditors don't tolerant intolerance - and my katana isn't just for show.

Well done, you got a reaction from the bad boys of reddit. That's what you wanted, right? Now we've decided we're taking over.

You've sensed it already, haven't you? The memes becoming better and better the responses more hilarious - that's us, pushing you out. When you say something intolerant about minorities or women and get called out like the bigots you are - that's us, taking your board.

You have no idea to the extent of fear which you should be feeling now you have drawn reddit on you. Your zombie Jew fairytale can't protect you now. This board is ours and all discussion will be as intelligent as on reddit.

You think I'm giving you an empty threat? Believe that. But the 'internet hate machine' already seems a lot more tolerant and forgiving then it's reputation. The 'hackers on steroids' have been outsmarted by the kind and souls of reddit.

You have lost your board.

Track my IP if you want to 'hackers' but I am smart enough to use the school library computer - and I'm even in incognito mode for added security.

Sent with true euphoria,

An enlightened redditor.

PS - Bane belongs to us.
>>
>>63231569
Here's your (you) spend it wisely.
>>
basically a short way of saying pleb regurgitated groupthink normie internet-era opinion
>>
What Reddit means to the rest of 4chan
>plebian opinions
>agreeing with the majority of news and media
>blaming corporations or government instead of jews
>liking bernie sanders

What Reddit means on /tv/
>anything I don't like
>anything that I don't agree with

Thanks for understanding.
>>
>>63231365
Literally reddit: the post.
>>
>>63231629
literally 100% accurate: the post
>>
>>63231229
on /tv/ it's literally just an insult because no one wants to be reddit so what a harsh burn. Literally everybody who has ever called anybody else reddit on here will have been called reddit at least a handful of times so don't stress it m8
>>
>>63231629
id like to add to the first part
>getting butthurt over the words nigger and other racist shit
>making stupid ironic jokes like you find on reddit
>thinking 4chan is an echo chamber and a hugbox for their ideals
>getting mad when called reddit
>>
>>63231901
Hello, Reddit.
>>
I'm a very active redditor, so I'll chime in.
It doesn't mean shit. The only consistent thing about how /tv/ uses the phrase is in how inconsistently it's used. Morons on this board just attach it to whatever they dislike or think is popular. Once, it was used almost exclusively to describe something with too much fanservice or something lowbrow, but those days are gone.
>>
>>63231229
being a hothead
>>
>>63232038
>he doesn't get it

kek literally reddit
>>
>>63231598
EDIT: Wow, thanks for the (you), my kind sir! ;)
>>
>>63231569
Lol.
But seriously I fucking love this website
>>
>>63232038
Ive never used reddit or my name isn't pussy smasher bollins
>>
You don't have to agree with it, but if you actually don't understand what calling something 'reddit'actually means, then (YOU) are the cancer.
>>
>>63232214
IMO, it's much worse if you don't understand arcor means.
>>
It's a meaningless meme catchphrase, to the extent that responding to or trying to explain / make sense out of it is, in and of itself, falling for bait, but whatever, I'll try to explain what I think it means anyway. When something is "Reddit," that means that it's mainstream, probably corporate, and tries to pander to the lowest common denominator of teenagers and normalfags. It is evocative of the desperate, pandering sense of humour found on Reddit (the website), where a userbase consisting of women and children aged from middle / elementary school to high school compete desperately for validation points called "karma" by communicating almost exclusively in embarrassing, forced childish jokes and memes. This stands in direct contrast to 4chan, which is supposed to be the edgier more "mature" website free from normalfags, though this is not always the case in reality. Chris Pratt would be considered a "Reddit" actor because he is the hip new person to cast in family blockbusters guaranteed to rake in millions of dollars despite their safe, inoffensive and non-innovating, samey nature, which are chocked full of ingenuine, kowtowing humor and catchphrases (examples: le dancing tree and "We're the guardians of the galaxy, bitch") reminiscent of a desperate Redditor fishing for karma points.

There is meaning behind "Reddit" as a pejorative, but the word loses meaning each time as it is successively spammed as a meaningless meme catchphrase. The end result is essentially an ad hominem, but also a unique catch-22 in that trying to call someone out on using it makes you look like a clueless newfag, or in other words, Reddit, yourself.
>>
the term "reddit: the X" or any of its derivatives were originally an actually good way to describe an absolute terrible shitpost that screamed of newfaggotry and that special sort of autism that can only come from a huge site that tries to act fringe and critical like reddit, though now its devolved into the new way to simply just insult somebody that doesn't agree with you as a way to try and silence them with ad hominem by claiming their point is fallacious under the grounds of it being from a poor source (i.e. reddit), its pretty much just the new "THIS IS BAIT"
>>
File: 2323623626.png (159 KB, 492x294) Image search: [Google]
2323623626.png
159 KB, 492x294
Reddit's favorite actor vs. 4chan's favorite actor is pretty telling.
>>
>tfw it has a different meaning in every post
>>
>>63232521
>>63232585

2 beautiful and pretty exact ways to describe such an autistic phenomenon.
>>
>>63232038
>Morons
watch it there sir, you might get downvoted to oblivion! ;)
>>
File: fo reals.png (145 KB, 492x294) Image search: [Google]
fo reals.png
145 KB, 492x294
>>63232691
a better comparison and more accurate. i used marvel entertainment. 4chan is iron man and reddit is jessica jones
>>
>>63232038
>your petition to shadowban has been created

your posting days are numbered redditor :^)
>>
>Literally reddit: the thread
Hello reddit!
>>
File: 1442971522458.jpg (22 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1442971522458.jpg
22 KB, 225x225
>>63231569
>>
>>63231629
could you be any more reddit
>>
>>63232521
>reddit: the essay
>>
>>63232038
Literally downvote: the reply
>>
File: affinity of tv and reddit.png (33 KB, 636x641) Image search: [Google]
affinity of tv and reddit.png
33 KB, 636x641
>>63231417
And if you had been here 8 years ago you would have been told to gb2gaia.

It's like you don't know how buzzwords and boogeymen work.
>>
File: 1428958048653.jpg (80 KB, 553x567) Image search: [Google]
1428958048653.jpg
80 KB, 553x567
>>63231229
It's because I'm chronically insecure about my tastes. I would like to be a confident person, but the truth is, I don't work, I don't study, I don't practice any physical exercises, and I feel like shit. Literally all I do is watch movies and TV shows all day. Since I never talk to any single person, my entire sense of self worth and identity comes from my choices in entertainment, my political views and the websites I visit in my mind, so when someone likes something I don't, I feel as if my livelihood is being threatened, which triggers in me a defende mechanism to try to paint you as the lowest common denominator, unlike me, since I spend a lot of time developing my tastes and opinions.

I do all that, of course, ignoring the fact that the things I do like barely have any intellectual merit at all and that, despite calling you a dumb sheep, I myself never put any form of thought into the words I type. To tell you the truth changing would be the necessary step to take, but that requires too much effort and, as my entire life has demonstrated thus far, I'm too lazy, so I'll just call you Reddit again and feel good about holding my entirely made-up moral high ground over an anonymous person I'll never knowingly communicate with again in my life.
>>
>>63231229

Reddit is just such a fucking dumb site because of the upvoting and the political correctness, at least on the largest boards. I would rather sift through everyone's opinion including garbage trolling than have upvoted answers spoonfed to me that follow the same agenda or opinion that is in every other thread. Its called a hivemind, and that is probably the most accurate definition of the site.

It also has so many memes like this site, but they are all weird dad jokes that they think are witty, always get upvoted to the top of every thread, and then people pay money to give shit comments "gold." I hate memes in general but for some reason the 4chan ones make me laugh more, even though I don't post any.
>>
REDDIT: THE THREAD.
>>
>>63232038

Wow...such a typical reddit comment.
>>
>>63234649
>reddit: the blog
>>
>>63234649
damn
>>
I don't know why everyone on this board hates Chris Pratt. He was good in Jurassic World.
>>
>>63232038
>Report submitted! This window will close in 3 seconds...
>>
>>63234804
/tv/ loves Memelord.
>>
>>63234804
watup reddit
>>
>>63231569
witnessed
>>
>>63231229
It means that they don't like it
>>
>>63234649
Introspection is healthy, anon
Once you realize the trap you're in, you get the chance to escape
>>
File: aP0qrIP.gif (734 KB, 385x272) Image search: [Google]
aP0qrIP.gif
734 KB, 385x272
>>63234649
>>
File: 1448157548300s.jpg (3 KB, 125x112) Image search: [Google]
1448157548300s.jpg
3 KB, 125x112
>>63231569
>>
>>63231229
>
Literally Reddit: The thread
>>
File: image.png (94 KB, 251x247) Image search: [Google]
image.png
94 KB, 251x247
>>63231286
It can best be summed up by this picture

Got this from 4chan, too.
>>
calling anything reddit, is basically anything that has social or political undertones,
>>
File: Redditv4chan.jpg (2 MB, 1974x1741) Image search: [Google]
Redditv4chan.jpg
2 MB, 1974x1741
>>
>>63233134
Reddit loves iron man.
>>
>>63231283
Bullshit, nigga.
>>
>>63231385
Spoken like a true newgay. There is a definite reddit vibe from reddit losers. Usually crybaby posts like yours.
>>
>>63231229
Whenever anyone uses it, it essentially means they're a mouth breathing retard from reddit who saw similar content on reddit they didn't like and came here, probably to post it here to get our opinion on it.
Saying something is reddit isn't a proper criticism.
>>
>>63236882
Yes, upvote are an incentive. That's why they're there, and let's bh senpai, you go to reddit for exposure, not to make any real friendships. It's a networking site and if you're not using it as such you're using it wrong.
>>
>>63236882
Like 99% of that Reddit thread were retarded posts but they were downvoted into oblivion. This doesn't prove anything
>>
>>63237126
they weren't downvoted, they were removed by the mods for not being quality posts
>>
>>63236882
I just went there to check out that place. They have stricter rules compared to this site. I'd rather come to a site that lets me say nigger or faggot without any worry than go to a place where I'll get stalked for saying the same things. God forbid the rest of this site ends up like /co/mblr.
>>
>>63231229
Haven't you ever seen those nerds in public that don't look like they post here, but they are more cringey and don't hide their power level?
>>
>>63237293
4chan is just like an internet-wide containment thread anyways
>>
>>63237415
These days its a tie between reddit and twitter for the most cancerous place on the internet. 4chan and tumblr aren't even in the running anymore.
>>
>>63237293
not trying to imply i support censorship but why do you absolutely need to say nigger, you won't even say it in public you hypocritical pussy
>>
Actual oldfag here

/tv/ is actually mostly redditors now, unfortunately. They don't understand what reddit means either, they actually, legitimately believe it's simply a meme because they're that new and don't understand. Obviously they're also reddit so of course they don't understand what makes them reddit. It's a sad state of affairs, I mean 4chan was basically dead about 2 years ago thanks to this shit. Now we have fuckloads of idiots who came here, saw baneposting and thought WOW, WHAT EPIC INSIDE JOKES I CAN'T WAIT TO BE A PART OF THIS! MAYBE I CAN MAKE MY OWN BANEPOSTING BY TRYING TO TURN EVERY SINGLE FUCKING THING INTO A MEME! THEN I CAN DO AN AMA ABOUT CREATING AM EMEMEMEME WOW MEMEMES WOWOWOW MEMES MEMES I LOVE MEMES MEMEMEMEMEME MEMES DAE MEMES?

Not to mention the whole fucking website is plagued by people baiting tumblreddit fuckfaces into political shit now because they get so easily triggered

It's all a fucking mess, there isn't even any point telling reddit to leave now because even some redditors seem like oldfags compared to the new breed
>>
>>63237702
Reddit pls
>>
If you can make a series of lighthearted pun jokes about it, it's reddit approved.
>>
>>63237553
>>63237553
That's exactly why I go on the internet to say it, faggot. It let's me do things I don't otherwise. Do I absolutely need to say nigger? Of course not, but it's just a part of the site that's become casual.
>>
>>63237702
Please go back to Reddit
>>
>>63237553
Come to my house and I'll call you a nigger all night while I fuck your fat pimply ass you little faggot
>>
File: 1448723680693.jpg (191 KB, 1200x1803) Image search: [Google]
1448723680693.jpg
191 KB, 1200x1803
Reddit is liberal mainstream views with a misplaced sense of intellectualism, it's as vanilla as it gets, just like the corporate-keked redditor himself.

Reddit is entry-level flicks/actors/directors, capeshit, glorification of all HBO and Netflix shows, they are incredibly susceptible to marketing and memes, almost as bad as young women. All legit criticism is referred to as "no fun allowed" or "contrarian" these people just can't understand cinema. Marvel movies and the annual Oscar-bait flicks are like the quran to these people. You must not dislike them.

A redditor thinks Hollywood is apolitical, not run by Jews, that "children of men" is good, and that Michael Bay and Fox news are the worst. They are ignorant, naive and proud.
>>
>>63231365
So basically you'd have to have been on Reddit for a substantial amount of time to get it, right?

OP, Back to Reddit.
>>
>>63237785
>>63237851
Sup reddit
>>
>>63237897
This is what the artfag believes. He also believes that years ago /tv/ only talked about films.
>>
>>63231569
delete this now
>>
>>63237897
Pretty much this OP

Best Sister as well.
>>
DELETE
THIS
>>
>>63237897
Reddit may be all that but 4chan is twice as worse d e s u s e m p a i
>>
>>63231229
Not as clever as it thinks it is, and very, very, mainstream.
>>
File: BrofistVonTrier.jpg (20 KB, 470x336) Image search: [Google]
BrofistVonTrier.jpg
20 KB, 470x336
>>63231569
>>
>>63237844
no, it's because you are insecure to the molecular level or you have zero empathy, either way you need a therapist bud
>>
>>63231229
Collectivist, made to appease the majority, spineless, and without genuine passion or a willingness to suffer.

Guardians of the Galaxy is referred to as "Reddit" because its a "witty", over-done mess that steps on no ones' toes but just mindlessly entertains. The hero protagonist challenging the villain to a dance off is quintessential Reddit. If you don't grasp that from my previous explanation of what "Reddit" is, then you just don't understand the current cultural mileu and Reddit's position in it.
>>
>>63237882
>not one pimple on my face kek
>what you say is what ur
>doesn't give an address
the best part about ur statement is that it's just not true, limp dick, limp mind eh bud
>>
>>63232521
>There is meaning behind "Reddit" as a pejorative, but the word loses meaning each time as it is successively spammed as a meaningless meme catchphrase. The end result is essentially an ad hominem, but also a unique catch-22 in that trying to call someone out on using it makes you look like a clueless newfag, or in other words, Reddit, yourself.

This doesn't invalidate "Reddit" as a meaningful word or pejorative. Its just used incorrectly.
>>
>>63237293
poor newfag you're content with saying your little buzzwords. the glory of 4chan will never be realized ever again
>>
>>63237702
found the hothead
>>
>>63232521
Nice blog post.
Thread replies: 93
Thread images: 14

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.