[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how is an "all-female reboot" equal?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4
File: all female everything.jpg (178 KB, 549x651) Image search: [Google]
all female everything.jpg
178 KB, 549x651
>>
>>63230041

>Reservoir Bitches

I'd watch it, hell the way all that in-fighting and shit goes down sums up what happens when women all get together for a common goal, where's that article about an all-female business that fucking crashed and burn?
>>
>>63230041
This is literally the only time I can remember that significantly changing race/gender from source material worked. And it only worked because no one made a big deal about it and he was so good at it. In fact, Imma start a thread about it later.
>>
It's gender appropriation
>>
>>63230246
Cover this man in gold right now.
>>
I think it's funny that SJWs like/want all female reboots. It's like they know that women require the help of being put in an established property rather than making their own original film
>>
>>63230191
Based Mos Def
>>
>>63230359
>This directly delay the production and release of female lead story like ghost in the shell and batlle angel

Trully, these people are royal cunts.
>>
>>63230191
the hitchhikers guide right? I don't actually remember his race ever brough up. But I agree this is a good example. when it isn't politicized it's fine.
>>
>>63230645
He's called a ginger in the book with a ruddy face
>>
>>63230191
I agree. Did anyone even give a fuck back then that they made Ford black?
>>
>>63230041
I understand Ghostbusters, but Reservoir Dogs wouldnt make any sense with an all women cast. The film plays with themes like stupidity, cruelty and instinct driven decisions, that are all characteristic to men.
>>
>>63230041
Strawman to the rescue!
>>
File: deal with it jenny.jpg (288 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
deal with it jenny.jpg
288 KB, 1920x1080
>>63231387

>He's called a ginger in the book with a ruddy face

Must've been a typo.
>>
Who cares? Your original dvd doesnt fade away like Dave McFly

Just ignore it and let it bomb, flop, succed whatever instead of whining
>>
>>63231499
>all characteristic to men.

ayy lmao
>>
>>63231387
oh yeeeeeah.....he was wasn't he? Mos Def was still prefect as Ford.
>>
File: freddy.png (39 KB, 600x857) Image search: [Google]
freddy.png
39 KB, 600x857
an all female re-boot is woring towards equality because culturally men take up most of the screen as protagonists/everyman/whatever sort of trope kinda thing, and that in turn effects out culture. it's sort of a cycle of the media reinforcing patriarchy, so we see it and make more media the furth enforces is. even if replacing the cast with females seems hokey, and I can say in certain ways it is, it'll honestly imact future generations in such a way that women may be more likely to produce more of there own culture.

it's kind of the same thing with sciences or math, it's not that women can't do it, it's just, even if one could, why would you want to enter a field fighting an uphill battle?
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.