[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Do you think that EU destroyed SW prequels? Like Lucas just saw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
File: Star_Wars_Visions_023.jpg (800 KB, 1657x1280) Image search: [Google]
Star_Wars_Visions_023.jpg
800 KB, 1657x1280
Do you think that EU destroyed SW prequels? Like Lucas just saw EU I thought that this is what people's want?
>>
>>63229377

The EU was always horseshit (look up Galaxy of Fear). The prequels didn't help.
>>
No he took nothing from the EU and gained no inspiration from EU.
>>
She looks like a cenobite

pretty cool, but dual wielding double sabers is overdoing it
>>
>>63229455
He took the planet name Kashyyk from the EU at the least and even that's too much. Wookiees can't even say the name of their home planet?
>>
>>63229999
So you are implying that Kashyyyk should be called Roaaar?
>>
>>63229377

>two double-bladed lightsabers
>those small-as-fuck hilts

jesus christ
>>
>>63229869

Who was it that had the whip lightsaber? Was it Mara Jade? Also, didn't Darth Zannah have a crazy weapon?
>>
>>63229999
Kashyyyk was, no shit, first mentioned by name and showed at length in the holiday special. It officially existed as canon before Dagobah, Hoth or Bespin.
>>
File: One_Sith_infiltrators.png (565 KB, 916x313) Image search: [Google]
One_Sith_infiltrators.png
565 KB, 916x313
The EU is fucking retarded
>Anakin is the chosen one to destroy the sith order
>130 years after the battle of yavin there are hundreds of sith

Seriously what the fuck
>>
>>63231190

Why is that hard to believe? Before Darth Bane got them all killed there were regularly thousands with a large empire. It wouldn't take long to train a lot of them, though they wouldn't be very good.
>>
I'm going to make a /tv/-controversial statement and say that the EU wasn't bad as a whole. The stuff set between and before the films was quite good, with some real stand-out stories that would often provide more interesting characterization and motivation than what was present on-screen.

But virtually every single piece of post-ROTJ EU content sucked. Like, when people talk about how awful the EU is, it seems like their list of reasons is exclusively made up of stuff from that era. The Vong, Luuke, Luuuke, the evil ghost mom that's the incarnation of pure evil, Triclops, all those disgusting TIE variants, the Sith returning, the guy with the lightsaber kneepads, Luke's edgy deathstick-smoking descendant, the golden rock that controls peoples' minds, Chewbacca dying by moon, the Hutt with the lightsaber, etc.

All of that is exclusively post-ROTJ EU.
>>
>>63231419
>What are Rogue and Wraith Squadrons
>What is Thrawn
>What are TIE Defenders

There is a much longer list but I don't care to go through it right now.

Wraith Squadron is so good that I still occasionally read through it.
>>
most of the eu is shit but i wish there was more focus on the good parts of the eu
>>
>>63229999
Kashyyk not from EU dipshit
>>
>>63232067
>Revan
>female

HERESY
>>
The worst thing about the EU is that fucking everybody who died in the movie who was even somewhat popular and didn't appear as a force ghost... turns out they lived! Sheev lived with a clone somehow, Boba Fett escapes with some bullshit, fucking Darth Maul is okay after being cut in half and dropping down a giant ass pit into garbage.
>>
The EU was always retarded, and really just fan-fiction with a publisher. It's one of the worst parts of the fan base.
>>
I actually think the EU is one of the reasons the prequels were such a letdown to people, or at least to hardcore Star Wars fans.

A lot of the EU was shit, but as >>63231419 says, there's some good stuff, too. General consensus is that the KOTOR games, the Tales of the Jedi comics, the Thrawn Trilogy, and the X-Wing books are God-tier Star Wars stories.

Think about that for a second. That's five different Star Wars stories that are actually pretty good, and they have nothing to do with the movies. They're what kept hardcore Star Wars fans invested and involved in the franchise in the aftermath of the OT.

Then the prequels come out, and as bad as some of the EU can be, the good EU stories turn out to be BETTER than the prequels. Wouldn't you, as a hardcore Star Wars fan, be especially bitter? All this time, all this fandom, all these comics and novels and games, and in the end when you finally DO get new movies they're absolute shit. You'd hate Lucas too. It looks, for all intents and purposes, like he's not even the best storyteller in the story HE created.
>>
>>63229999

Having a different name than what the inhabitants call it is nothing new. I mean, how often do you hear English speakers calling Germany, Deutschland?
>>
>>63232067
are you implying revan is good EU?
>>
>>63232293
It's just a fictional setting with goofy looking aliens. If someone was sufficiently invested in it to be pissed off over the prequels or episode seven, they need to find another hobby
>>
File: GeorgeWatchesItBurn.gif (3 MB, 350x262) Image search: [Google]
GeorgeWatchesItBurn.gif
3 MB, 350x262
>>63232293
This every day.
>>
>>63232876
You can say similar things to all products of any medium.
>>
>>63232876
They'd just obsess over that one too. Some people are just like that.
>>
>>63231390
Bane?
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.