[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You have 5 seconds to explain why Hanzee isn't the most
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 8
File: hanzee.jpg (68 KB, 620x372) Image search: [Google]
hanzee.jpg
68 KB, 620x372
You have 5 seconds to explain why Hanzee isn't the most badass character of any tv series ever.

>protip: you can't
>>
File: judge.jpg (77 KB, 490x446) Image search: [Google]
judge.jpg
77 KB, 490x446
He's a halfbreed.
>>
Because he's a lapdog
>>
hes a mongrel
>>
What would he have done if Lou and Ted Danson didn't show up?
>>
Who would win in a fight between Hanzee and Rust Cohle?
>>
File: itsmike.jpg (52 KB, 610x371) Image search: [Google]
itsmike.jpg
52 KB, 610x371
>>
>>63227391
We would've got a haircut.
>>
He's a one note "bad ass" character there to cater to the adolescent Malvo fanbase. See Mike Milligan also.
>>
>>63227393
Rust would break the halfbreed's wrists. done
>>
>>63227449
He's not "one note" at all, you dumb fuck. Hanzee is actually a very nuanced and deep character but then again, I don't expect an autist like you to see it.
>>
>>63227391
Get a haircut and stopped with the gangster life.
>>
>>63227449
He's two-note at the very least.
>>
>>63227449
Mike isn't a one note badass at all. He doesn't do anything superhuman like Malvo or Hanzee. He's realistically good at his job.
>>
File: zero hecks given.webm (3 MB, 600x338) Image search: [Google]
zero hecks given.webm
3 MB, 600x338
>>
>>63227488
>Hanzee is actually a very nuanced and deep character
>quiet master bad ass with tragic backstory

Literally anime level character. All "entertainment" characters should be purged from modern television. You can tell what's there to appeal to the reddit crowd. Lose all of it.
>>
>>63227449
>see mike milligan
this is bait or youre not actually watching the show
>>
>>63227670
It would be quicker and easier if you would just purge yourself.
>>
>>63227639
That kick to the foot of his wounded leg sold me on that whole sequence early. The barkeep, then cops, man. Last episode was crazy.

Fat Meth Damon's face during the hangman scene had me tensed up the entire time.
>>
>>63227670

>All "entertainment" characters should be purged from modern television. You can tell what's there to appeal to the reddit crowd.

This imho.
>>
>>63227639
What's with the dude sleeping on the bar?
>>
>>63228298
playin passed out possum
>>
File: that's cute.jpg (60 KB, 560x415) Image search: [Google]
that's cute.jpg
60 KB, 560x415
>>63227670
>entertainment is bad
>why can't these normies just fuck off and let me enjoy the avant-garde artistic innovation of my preferred commercial television productions
>>
He's literally just
>*Teleports Behind You*
The character.
>>
>>63228834
Entertainment is "video game". Entertainment is "hot pocket". Entertainment is "masturbation". Entertainment is "anime".

All pastimes oriented around the pursuit of personal pleasure are invariably manchild degeneracy. You become hardened through fire. Pleasure makes society weak. "Entertainment" is what has let to mainstream culture being trapped in autistic bondage. Worshipping cartoon characters and video games.
>>
>>63228929
Fresh off the boat, from reddit, kid? heh I remember when I was just like you. Braindead. Lemme give you a tip so you can make it in this cyber sanctuary: never make jokes like that. You got no reputation here, you got no name, you got jackshit here. It's survival of the fittest and you ain't gonna survive long on 4chan by saying stupid jokes that your little hugbox cuntsucking reddit friends would upboat. None of that here. You don't upboat. You don't downboat. This ain't reddit, kid. This is 4chan. We have REAL intellectual discussion, something I don't think you're all that familiar with. You don't like it, you can hit the bricks on over to imgur, you daily show watching son of a bitch. I hope you don't tho. I hope you stay here and learn our ways. Things are different here, unlike any other place that the light of internet pop culture reaches. You can be anything here. Me ? heh, I'm a judge.. this place.... this place has a lot to offer... heh you'll see, kid . . . that is if you can handle it.
>>
>>63228929
>All pastimes oriented around the pursuit of personal pleasure are invariably manchild degeneracy.

All art is entertainment, bro. You're introducing your own idiosyncratic vocabulary purporting some distinction of quality. Great stuff, but uh, what are you doing in a Fargo thread? What are you doing watching Fargo? Shouldn't you despise it?
>>
What is even the point of Fargo?
okee then
>>
>>63229019
Entertainment is "reddit". 4chan is anti-reddit and therefore anti-entertainment.
>>
why THE FUCK didnt they tell the cops hanzee escaped out the back door, we see in the previews hes free and making a call how does he escape when the cops are LITERALLY 20 feet behind him, fuck this show and its lazy ass writing
>>
>>63227449
I used to agree with you but this last episode humanized him. I definitely think that better describes Milligan, who's probably the most boring one dimensional character in the show.
>>
>>63229019
lmao
>>
File: pepe.jpg (12 KB, 232x232) Image search: [Google]
pepe.jpg
12 KB, 232x232
>>63229019
delicious pasta my friend
>>
>>63229201
>Bad ass is now "tortured badass"
Yes, such a well realized character.
>>
>>63229201
What are you talking about? One note badass fits Hanzee way more than Mike. Mike the past few episodes has been completely desperate. He's been struggling majorly to live up to the pressure he's been under since Bulo died.
>>
>le smart silent deadly meme
>>
>>63228298
It could be Karl.
>>
>>63229163
Perhaps they are playing it off like Hank shot Dodd.
>>
>>63227302
I had a dream about him not too long ago, where he and I fought off a horde of zombies.
>>
>>63229489
People who watch this show and enjoy it are such reddit pieces of shit.
>LE EPIN ZOMBIES BAD ASS
And literally writhing with rage right now. Go back to /v/ to back to meme fo cjhas back to hgome abomd go back tgosasm redditnf s go baclk to kekodskls co back gjsdmemememe e2,mdsazx
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-12-01-17h21m06s183.png (338 KB, 720x404) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-12-01-17h21m06s183.png
338 KB, 720x404
>mfw Fargo does the Purple Man better than Jessica Jones
>>
>>63229583
I really thought he was a goner.
>>
>>63229583
Could you really survive after hanging that long and going that purple?
>>
>>63229522
Sorry I guess my dreams are Reddit.
>>
>>63227639
>zero hecks given
Many keks given

Also, what you guys think wouldve happened if the hadnt attacked him in the cabin? I reckon he wouldve just squeezed afew rounds and bailed out the back anyways and left them unharmed.
>>
>>63229604
Apparently it takes like 5-7 minutes to die from hanging.
>>
>>63229604
about 40 seconds without an air wouldn't damage your brain.
>>
>>63229596
>>63229604
same. I was really surprised it only took a few seconds of "You alright hun?" for him to come back. Not that half the shit she does makes sense, but she could've at least checked if he was even still alive.

Also the parts with Dodd pointing out how batshit crazy his wife is were pretty great.
>>
Can someone explain to me why he shots Dodd?
>>
>>63228929
/r/iam14anddeep
>>
>>63227639
okay, I see anons were lying when they said season 2 was better.

fuckers. I am so betrayed right now.
>>
>>63229675
Okay then would you really look that purple after 40 seconds?

Scenes like this in movies and TV are never usually that graphic. He looked like a corpse.
>>
>>63229596
me 2, kinda didnt want him to die yet either. Also his wife has become very interesting.
>>
>>63229702
The whole episode had him being fed up with being talked down to because of his heritage and I think Dodd doing more of the same was just kind of a breaking point for him. The haircut bit was just emphasizing how he didn't want to be just a lapdog anymore.
>>
>>63229370
I still wouldn't call him a great character, but "tortured badass" has technically made him more than one note.

>>63229381
Mike's never showed any weakness beyond sitting in the room by himself looking at the ground. Him killing the Undertaker and "going rogue" fits the idea of "renegade badass" perfectly, which he's been playing since the beginning.

Hanzee, on the other hand, has made a handful of decisions that go against his archetype (being treated poorly, letting one of those three racist kids live, asking Peggy to cut his hair so he can get out of the game, and most importantly, killing his "boss")
>>
>>63229718
I still like season 1 better, but season 2 has potential to be better depending on how they finish up with these last two episodes.
>>
File: Angus Sampson.jpg (124 KB, 656x403) Image search: [Google]
Angus Sampson.jpg
124 KB, 656x403
Anyone ever seen a shaved bear?
>>
>>63229702
He went to Sioux Falls to find out where Ed went (following the paper on the fridge in their house. He goes into a bar to ask about them, but it turns out everyone there is a racist (there was a lot of racism in the Fargo universe in the town of Sioux Falls). He tries to leave, but then 3 dudes come out and harass him. He can't take it and shoots them. He probably thought he would have gotten away, but then two cops show up so he has to shoot them too.

Now he's a serious criminal. A manhunt starts. So he's already had a pretty bad time by the time he actually finds Ed and Peggy. Then he saves his boss, Dodd, and after all of that, he calls Hanzee a "half-breed." So Hanzee shoots him.

Alternatively, he had secret orders from Bear.

It's also pretty ambiguous whether he wants a haircut to start over, to disguise himself, or if he secretly wants Peggy to kill him.
>>
>>63229868
>It's also pretty ambiguous whether he wants a haircut to start over, to disguise himself, or if he secretly wants Peggy to kill him.
>he secretly wants Peggy to kill him.

Didnt think of it like that, interesting
>>
>>63227302
>protip thread
>into the trash

Protip: put "protip" in your thread to be sure no one takes the conversation seriously.
>>
>>63229966
>"I'm tired of this life."
Lots of possible interpretations there senpai, though admittedly suicide is a bit far-out
>>
I can't wait until this flavor of the month show is forgotten and thrown in the trash heap of irrelevency as everyone moves onto the next meme of the week. Like Fargo Season 1, Better Call Saul, Justified Hannibal, Breaking Bad and True Detective before it. All the redditors seemed to care a lot about them here at the time, but now they're all nothing.

The way it's supposed to be.
>>
>>63229792
He killed the Undertaker out of complete desperation, not because he wanted to be a rebel who does things his own way. I don't see how he's been such a renegade since the beginning, anyway. He didn't clash with Bulo and when he was chewed out over the phone by his boss he came off as weak and subservient. What does it matter that his weakness has been shown in scenes where he's in a hotel room by himself? His character is still being shown as in over his head.

And you're kind of stretching what goes against Hanzee's archetype.
>>
>>63227302
Who else got how deep the show is when he shot the guys in the knee, wounding their knees?
>>
>>63230113
What point are you trying to make? Of course people talk about shows less when they've ended or are between seasons you fucking autist.
>>
>>63230373
There's so much pottery in this show
>>
the main problem with this season is that you don't care about any of them. that's why it's not that good as the first season. it is "cooler" but it's also pointless, in a sense.
>>
>>63230470
The first season had more irrelevant characters
>>
>>63230470
Negro please i am on the edge of my seat every week hoping that Ed and Hanzee survive.

Last season who was there to root for, Lester?
>>
>>63230522
Molly, Gus, Lou, pretty much everyone in or from Duluth
>>
>>63230522
Not the Anon you're replying too, but I do find I can relate less to the characters put forward in season 2. Maybe that's what he means.
>>
>>63230522
it's not rooting, it's caring.
you want someone to die or survive or get away clean. this season they don't feel like real people. there is no story that will be affected by anyone's death, it's too random and pointless. there is no protagonist, no antagonist. just random people doing random things and it's hard to care
>>
>>63230562
I knew Molly and Gus were gonna survive, they were the series version of Marge.
>>
So who's coming out of the Sioux Falls massacre?
>>
>>63230625
>if a show doesn't have clear good guys and bad guys it's pointless and random
>>
>>63230808
___Lou___
>>
>>63230625
Plebeian Maximus
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.