[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Bought a ticket to good dinosaur and saw victor Frankenstein
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 612x380) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 612x380
Bought a ticket to good dinosaur and saw victor Frankenstein instead. Hahaha. That's what you get for killing those kids you rotten douchebag. Your career is flopping now on my dime lmao
>>
>>63226366
what?
>>
dude my dad murdered children and got away with it lmao
>>
Charlie Sheen killed some kids?
>>
wow a real autist
>>
>>63226425
and a real zero
>>
>>63226366

Max had nothing to do with those Vietnam Fucking Shits, retard.

>>63226412

>got away with it

His dad hasn't had a career in over two decades. He's persona non grata in Hollywood.
>>
>>63226366
maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaax landis, wunderkind screenwriter!
>>
But that was his dad, and it was manslaughter at worst.
>>
>>63226515
Yes but he never addressed it or apologized for his dad's actions. Instead he used his dad's Jewish connections to land himself a career and now pretends it never happened
>>
>>63226604
>apologizing for someone else's actions
>>
>>63226604

Why should he have to apologize for his dad's actions? He wasn't even alive yet when that shit went down.
>>
>>63226646
>>63226684
Cause he is using it for his own gain. He is directly benefitting off it
>>
>>63226835

Nepotism is the fuel of Hollywood. Always has been, always will be. Can't fault Max for taking advantage of that fact. Dude's gotta eat, just like the rest of us.
>>
I bet the teen girl at the counter cringed pretty fucking hard and even contemplated calling the cops when a fat old fuck like OP walked up to her and asked for a ticket to see a child's movie by himself.

I'm sure if she'd known he was just trying to find a way to spite a screenwriter who's dad's negligence killed a couple of kids thirty-five years ago, she'd have felt a lot better, knowing that he was just a harmless autist and not an actual pedophile.
>>
This IS going to kill his career though, right?

He hasn't written anything good. Even Chronicle's success was 99% about the basic premise and 0% about the shitty dialogue and weird pacing.
>>
>>63227100
>This IS going to kill his career though, right?
I recently watched some of his "pitches".
It's all putting the HOOK formula on old properties.
WHAT IF CHRISTOPHER ROBIN WAS LIKE AN ARCHITECT DUDE AND WINNY POO WAS LIKE A MONSTER FROM THE WOODS.

WHAT IF THE LORD OF THE RINGS WAS REAL AND ITS LIKE THE ABYSS.

Even chronicle and american ultra are just mashups of movies he likes.

He likes to brag about being such a great writer, but he's just a drugged up rich kid from hollywood with no fucking idea what he is doing.
>>
>>63227100
I honestly think Josh Trank had a lot to do with Chronicle's success.

>inb4 Fantastic Four
>>
hey guys Max here I know you guys don't mean it when you bring up the twilight indecent (or when you talk crap about anything I'm involved in for that matter). You are just trying to get a reaction out of my and it's ok you all are just trying to have fun I get it. I know if we met in real life we would talk about movies and get along fine, maybe we would be friends, who knows. Anyways guys just wanted to say thanks to red letter media for having me.
>>
>>63226366
>Top button undone and tie loose

What's the fucking point?
>>
>>63226835
He apparently doesn't even have a good relationship with his dad.
Plus his dad has way less clout in Hollywood today than you think. Can you name a Landis movie made in the past several years?

The problem Max has is he put himself out there too much and tried to make himself into a "personality"

I doubt anyone would know who the fuck he was if he didn't do so many videos and appearances. Nobody keeps up with screenwriters much these days.
>>
is there anything more cringey than teen male gossip about directors and writers as you sit from a basement

what a bunch of women lol
>>
File: 30000.jpg (65 KB, 648x486) Image search: [Google]
30000.jpg
65 KB, 648x486
>>63226366

>blaming an entire movie on one script writer

Honestly? Or do we just pretend to be retarded so we can hate Max Landis
>>
>>63227353

Landis himself has said that screenwriters are at the bottom of the ladder in Hollywood. Generally they don't even get invited to the film shoot.
>>
>>63227228
And on top of all that he whines when other movies beat his and he says they're derivative.
>>
>>63227533
That would be my excuse for not having any friends as well.
>>
>>63227548

To be fair, a second fucking Hitman piece of shit movie has no business making more money than American Ultra. I've seen both, and while American Ultra is no classic, it's way better than Hitman: Zack Quinto Edition.
>>
>watching scene from The Twilight Zone Movie
>Fortunate Son starts screenwriting
>>
>>63227594
That's your opinion. Most people saw the cast of Ultra and the stoner CIA premise and said no thanks.
>>
>>63227690

Are you saying you liked Hitman 2: Electric Boogaloo? If that's the case, your opinion means less than nothing.
>>
>>63227745
No, I didn't like it. I'm saying liked it more than Ultra though. My opinion is irrelevant when it comes to the success or lack thereof with a movie.
>>
>>63227826
*audiences liked it more
>>
File: 1439496451069.jpg (42 KB, 316x311) Image search: [Google]
1439496451069.jpg
42 KB, 316x311
>>63227584
So if I become a screenwriter i can use that as an excuse?
>>
xD
>>
>>63227548
Not on Victor Frankenstein, the PR told him to STFU this time. He aint gonna say a peep
>>
>>63227807
hello max
>>
>>63227298
How's it feel knowing you produced two poorly reviewed flops in a row lol
>>
So did he only get into show business because of family connections via his dad? My comic book loving friend showed me his Superman youtube video years ago and I thought it was pretty neat, but I never would've imagined that guy having any business making actual movies. The end result is about what you'd expect. My question is: how?
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.