[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What are the Oscar baits of this year? I feel like watching
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: The-Oscars-2014-logo[1].jpg (81 KB, 816x501) Image search: [Google]
The-Oscars-2014-logo[1].jpg
81 KB, 816x501
What are the Oscar baits of this year?

I feel like watching one. It's december after all. Oscar bait month.
>>
Joy
>>
Mad Max: Fury Road
>>
>>63226394
lol
>>
The Danish Girl
The End of the Tour
Beasts of No Nation (not bait per se, but will most definitely be nominated)
That Inarritu flick with Leo
>>
>>63226377

Isnt that Silver linings Playbook 2?
>>
90% of movies coming out at the end of December
>>
>>63226430
>That Inarritu flick with Leo

That's directed by IƱarritu?

Leo might just get that Oscar finally.
>>
>>63226524
Russell gets a shit ton of noms every year. He could sneeze on a copy of Houseboat Horror and it would get a Best Picture nomination.
>>
>>63226549
>Leo might just get that Oscar finally.

sup reddit
>>
>>63226271
Carol
>>
>>63226377
David O. Russell needs to be stopped. I'm sick and tired of critics acting like his bland Scorsese knockoffs are 10/10 films.
>>
>>63226570

I dont go to Reddit. Is that a meme there or something?
>>
>>63226430
>Beasts of No Nation

That film was good, but the only way it gets nominated for something major is if Netflix opens their wallets.
>>
>>63226271
Spotlight is good.
>>
>>63226635
Only someone with very poor taste of movies or can't see the difference between good and bad acting might think he deserves a oscar
>Le he deserves oscar cause he was in a tarantino and scorcese-past-his-prime movie and screamed a lot in it
>>
File: entreolhada.jpg (44 KB, 479x317) Image search: [Google]
entreolhada.jpg
44 KB, 479x317
>>63226748
>>
>>63226748
bad actors win oscars all the time m8, especially with meme directors like Inarritu

it's leo's year
>>
guys how do we go about stopping david russell? serious answers only please this is becoming problematic.

can we take out lawrence and cooper too? will that actually mostly solve the problem? i need some 4th dimensional help on this one
>>
>>63226748
>Beasts of No Nation

Because Cuba Gooding Jr., Cher and Eddie "playing Stephen Hawking as Simple Jack" Redmayne totally deserved it.
It's politics, that's it.
>>
>>63226834
>it's leo's year
N E V E R
V
E
R
>>
>>63226951
The SJW's will vote Danish Girl, splitting the usually united SJW and Black vote at the Oscars.
>>
Son of Saul
>>
Trumbo looks like Oscar bait just judging from the poster.
>>
Youth
>>
>>63226271
I don't think there are many pure Oscar baits except The Danish Girl.
>>
>>63227230
Trumbo is about Hollywood and how the dirty Communist subversives dindu nuffin
>>
>>63226430
I love how people are already talking about Revenant like it's the best movie of the year even though it isn't out yet.
>>
>>63226271
Let's see, we have:

> The Tranny film
> The 'le emotional' Pixar cartoon people thought was better than it actually was
> The O'Russell film starring Jennifer 'strong womyn' Lawrence and Bradley Cooper
> The anti-white Tarantino film starring black cowboys and keking
> The anti-Catholic church film journalists can wank to
> The 1950's lesbian film
> The film preaching about how evil the blacklist was
> The film where Leo gets raped by a bear

Honestly, is it just me or has this year been fucking terrible for cinema? I mean, I really liked Mad Max: Fury Road... but when it's WINNING Best Film at the NBR and the international film critics...
>>
>>63227406
>I love how people are already talking about Revenant like it's the best movie of the year even though it isn't out yet.

True, but let's be honest here... that isn't exactly a high bar to clear.
>>
You guys remember 08 when Slumdog Millionaire won best picture? The Oscars have never been about who deserves it or not.

It's either agendas or boring movies that it's easy enough to claim that it's deep in an attempt to appear intellectual. Stop wasting your time.
>>
screeners when?
>>
Spotlight is winning Best Picture
>>
>>63228168
>The Oscars have never been about who deserves it or not.

Very true. I think what pisses me off the most are people (to be honest, I'm including myself in here) who constantly bitch and moan about the Oscars, yet go out of their way to continue talking about it year in and year out, making predictions... and in doing so validating them as a measure of quality.

This is the first time in years I haven't been following the awards circuit, and I have yet to regret it.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.