[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
the only flaw this movie has is the overall theme which is very
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (76 KB, 844x476) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
76 KB, 844x476
the only flaw this movie has is the overall theme which is very recycled and will give a lot of people bias whether positive or negative. otherwise it's literally perfect

prove me wrong
>>
The script was complete shit but the acting, directing, and cinematography was impeccable.

which I guess is what you're saying right?
>>
>>63222767
not at all. the only flaws in the script i can point out to were because of the theme of the movie but otherwise it was great
>>
>>63222819
maybe it's because I read the original book and the script deviates from it to make it more melodramatic and focus on the cruelties of slavery.
>>
>>63222615

it's an atrocity exhibition that awards all of its viewers for looking at the screen and going "oh goodness, how evil!" Of course slavery was an insidious, horrifying institution but to awards us all for agreeing with the movie's standpoint is cheap and facile as hell. If you want to see an actual good slavery movie watch Mandingo.

Also all the ridiculously polished technical aspects completely grate with the movie's subject matter.

It's a piece of shit OP.
>>
>>63223079
... King?
>>
>>63223493
What?
>>
>>63222615
Big fan if McQueen's Hunger, but this felt like it was missing something. Then I found out that they removed all the religion that was present in the book, and I realized that that's what was missing, what kept it form being powerful. Seeing a man brought so low, but relying on his faith in God to get him through arguably the worst situation anyone can face would be great. I'm not religious, but it would be like removing religion from Les Miserable; it almost ruins the movie.
>>
>>63223534
Never mind, you just sound incredibly similar to someone I know... on reddit...
>>
>>63223639

Yeah, regardless of whether that is in the book or not that would have been a rather problematic decision. Slavery had the unfortunate effect of forcing Christianity on slaves as their masters made them sit and listen to prayers and prevented them from actually reading the bible. That religion was a form of poisoning and even if that was a part of his escape in his memoir I think it would have been a pretty troubling thing to include
>>
>>63222615
The worst part about this movie is Brad Pitt produced it and got himself the white savior role. Plus he's a terrible actor who was like half smiling while delivering his lines, in the back of his mind thinking "I'm just the best, you did it Brad, you freed the niggers"
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.