[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
From my point of view, the original trilogy is evil!
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 8
File: george-lucas-star-wars.jpg (298 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
george-lucas-star-wars.jpg
298 KB, 1280x720
From my point of view, the original trilogy is evil!
>>
>>63219569
VI is a piece of shit plain and simple.

The other two are kinda lame and overrated but still innovative and entertaining so there's that.
>>
>>63219586
VI is by far the most fun to watch. Also the confrontation with Vader in the emperor's throne room is the best scene of the original trilogy
>>
>>63219665
>fun
>watching le little retarded furries beating up the storm fucking troopers is fun

And you autists complain about Jar jar not being fun, Jar jar humour is superb comapred to the ewooks'
>>
>>63219586
I dunno, I think Episode V is legitimately good.

>>63219665
>muh fun!
>this is how a run-of-the-mill Star Wars plebbie argues
>>
>>63219724
>I think Episode V is legitimately good

Why would you ever think that? You are probably the first person I've EVER seen say that, you contrarian.
>>
>>63219569
Episode I is shit
EPpisode II is meh but the romance between Annie and Padme is cute
Episode III is great
Episode IV is good
Episode V is great
Epiosde VI is utter shit
>>
I watched the original trilogy in the last month and I must say, episode VI ist my favourite movie. Its so fun to watch, although it has a weak start. I think starwars should be a family movie and episode VI was a great one!
>>
>>63219783
>Fun to watch
>fun
>to
>watch
>fun to watch

If I wanted to see silly furries beating up bad guys I'd watch Looney Tunes because that's at least good humour aimed at children, Episode VI is horrid humour aimed at children.
>>
on a technical level, only episode iv is worth note as it is the only one to really surprise people with its mishmash of styles and well integrated sfx
it might be notable too for providing an avenue for the old hero journey idea to actually resonate with the modern generation

episodes v and vi pretty much just go through the motions after that, adding a few wrinkles here and there
>>
File: image.jpg (33 KB, 420x276) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
33 KB, 420x276
>>63219778
>>
>>63219665
No, this is the best scene in the OT

https://youtu.be/1gpXMGit4P8
>>
File: 1447781293770s.jpg (6 KB, 190x194) Image search: [Google]
1447781293770s.jpg
6 KB, 190x194
>>63219778
>EPpisode II is meh but the romance between Annie and Padme is cute

If you're borderline retarded.

I hate sand.
>>
I chuckled
>>
>>63219841
>>63219844

Hello Reddit!!!

The Nostalgia fun critic said that the ot is much better so it must be true!

LOL le prequels are shit!

The dialogue is so dumb!!! (even though the dialogue in the original trilogy is arguably even worse).
Off yourself, retards.
>>
>>63219569
I HAVE BROUGHT DIGITAL ROCKS, EDITED AUDIO, AND GREEDO SHOOTING FIRST TO MY NEW SPECIAL EDITION
>>
>>63219783
https://youtu.be/7U3Oti2L8S4?t=354 that acting is great btw. never seen that in the prequels. it feels like legitimate relieve
>>
>>63219897
at 5:45
>>
George's changes to the original trilogy make a lot more sense when you realize he's sterile

His genetic legacy dies with him, so all he cared about was his Star Wars legacy. Most people hated the prequels, and he knows it. Those were the movies he had sole creative control on. The originals had huge amounts of input from other people, and those are the ones people liked. So he goes back and makes a ton of changes, insisting every time that they're HIS movies and that HE can do ANYTHING he wants to them, and you better remember that. HE is the sole creative vision of Star Wars and thus has the authority to make grand sweeping changes that represent his true artistic vision of the film.

Thank god now that he's sold Lucasfilm he's focusing on charitable endeavors which is a much more healthy and beneficial pursuit
>>
Are Star Wars manchildren the most pathetic people on the planet?
Ten years later they cant shut up about how George Lucas raped their children movies
>>
>>63219931
Yes, the fact that the original trilogy is even dumber than their so hated prequels makes it even funnier.
>>
>>63219931
>Like Star Wars
>George continuously edits the films, making them dumber and uglier with every new change
>refuses to release the original cuts besides extremely limited releases 9 years ago
>refused to even give the Library of Congress an original print for historical preservation
>2 of the three movies he's fucked with aren't even his movies, he didn't direct or write Empire or Jedi
>and this man said in front of Congress that those who edit old movies are destroying our cultural heritage and are barbarians
>>
>>63219838
ESB is by far the best shot, composited, lit, directed, and acted. It's gorgeous compared to the other two, which haven't aged nearly as gracefully.

t. just watched the whole trilogy last week; ANH feels visually clunky, ROTJ is a meme-fest that reeks of the 80's, ESB is iconic.

ESB should be required study for any aspiring cinematographer or director of photography.
>>
>>63220030
So what?
>>
>>63220030
Why do you care so much about autisimal changes in children movies?
>>
>>63220030
And?
>>
>>63220050
If you watched the SE's then your opinion is irrelevant. Lucas destroyed the color timing.
ANH is the most beautiful, followed by Empire. RoTJ is home movie tier.
>>
>>63220055
Star Wars is pretty much the biggest cultural phenomenon of the 20th century and a massive part of cinematic history, and George continues to fuck with it.

Imagine if Orson Welles decided the scenes when Kane controls his wife and nearly makes her kill herself were too violent, so he cut them from the film. He thinks Rosebud being forgotten and burned in the fire was too depressing, so he has someone lay the sled on his grave. It would cheapen one of the greatest films ever made. Lucas is fucking destroying film history. If you actually like movies, you should see why this is wrong.
>>
>>63220133
Lmao why do you care so much about children's movies you manchild
>>
>>63220255
Nice shitpost, you sure made me mad :^)
>>
>>63220133
>Destroying film history
Oh no, my epic children sci-fi movies
>>
File: itsover.jpg (197 KB, 900x509) Image search: [Google]
itsover.jpg
197 KB, 900x509
It's over Lucas, I have the Disney contract.

You were supposed to bring digital remastering to the original trilogy, not destroy it!
>>
>>63220333
>epic children sci fi movies

You make it sound like Star Wars isn't the biggest film franchise of all time that influenced how the entire film industry functioned and how films were made
>>
File: 1402407362147.jpg (61 KB, 403x391) Image search: [Google]
1402407362147.jpg
61 KB, 403x391
>>63220384
>This is what Star Wars fags actually believe
>>
>>63220384
How big of a manchild can you possible be?
>>
>>63220457
ebin xD
>>
>>63219886
Sup, Reddit
>>
>>63220384
>it's popular
>that means it was highly influential
no
>>
>Episode 3 is good
>Episode 3 > Episode 6

This is a troll, right?
>>
>>63219886
>(even though the dialogue in the original trilogy is arguably even worse)

I'm not gonna pretend that the original trilogy is devoid of bad writing but holy shit there is nothing that even compares to

>I don't like sand
>I wish I could just wish my feelings away
>I truly...deeply....love you
>Everything Jar Jar says

in the original trilogy. Compare the scenes where Han courts Leia to where Anakin creepily begs for sex from Padme.
>>
>>63219778
This should be an autism test. If you meet the same answers you might be autistic.
>>
>>63220585
>Episode 3 > Episode 6
This is actually true though. 6 was retarded and a disappointment equal to the prequels.
>>
>>63219886
Nah dude you just seemingly don't understand what makes things worse. When a film is considered bad by not only film makers and critics but general audiences alike its safe to say its a bad film.
>>
>>63220664
It certainly was the worst of the OT and had some weak moments, but worse than ANY of the prequel films?

C'mon senpai
>>
star wars is the beatles of cinema.

you literally cant argue that.
>>
>>63219586
6 is my favorite because of the Jabba beginning, and Luke and Vader, but I fucking hate the ewoks.
>>
>>63220050
Good thing you're not in charge of anything. Retard.
>>
>>63219988
stop this contrarian meme. One good movies, one great movie and one okay movie is not even close to two sshit movies and one meh movie.
>>
>all these buttflustered manchildren
Man im glad Disney is dealing the killing blow to the series and turning it into full children movies
>>
ANH is boring, but good.
ESB is classic and always great.
ROTJ is my favorite. Best shit between Luke and Vader. Vader redemption. Green saber mature Jedi Luke. Fugg'ed up Death Star, and superior DS attack scene. Speeder bikes.

>muh ewoks

Yeah yeah.
>>
>>63220716
Both are great for reasons that escape and frustrate autists.
>>
>>63220786
The thing that frustrates me about RotJ is that, if the Ewoks didn't play such a big role in Han and Leia's side of the story, it'd be my favourite Star Wars film.
>>
>>63220950
Shit if you remove them all together and just have an out numbered squad of rebels it would have been way cooler.
>>
>>63221008
I agree with the Ewoks being shitty, but pretending they ruin the movie is the gayest meme.
>>
>>63221138
They don't ruin it completely, but they stop it from reaching the heights it could have reached. It could have ended one of the most groundbreaking film series ever on an unbelievable high, but instead they decided "hey, the rebels finally winning out against the Empire provides a little bit too much satisfaction. Let's make their victory revolve around these little waddling bears so it makes the whole thing more of a joke."
>>
>>63219778
>romance between Annie and Padme is cute
I refuse to believe you're not trolling.
>>
File: image.jpg (34 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
34 KB, 625x626
>>63219586
>>
>>63221138
Yeah they don't ruin the movie but they make the last part silly and not tense at all. Imagine if it was just the small group of rebels crazy out numbered and getting picked off. maybe they kill off Han. Shit woulda been dope.
>>
>>63221402
I agrizzle, my nizzle.
>>
>>63221491
Danke, that dude who does the What if the star wars prequels were good videos should do one for ep six and make it like this.
>>
>>63221530
Yeah, you could remove the Leia is Lukes brother thing and when Yoda says "no there is another" referring to another to bring the empire down/ balance to the force he could be instead be referring to Vadar turning good.
>>
>>63221582
Nah, brah. Vader's redemption is more meaningful knowing that he was so evil that even Yoda gave up on him.

Plus incest. You know Luke and Leia couldn't just stop getting wet for each other over night. I bet there's lots of sexual tension.
>>
>>63221686
I suppose. I still think it woulda been better than the shitty twist.
>>
>>63221225
A real Republic would have help all the aliens, not just the cute ones.
>>
>>63221138
come on. Don't make any excuse for the shitty decision of putting them in the movie.

If you make a delicious cake, and then you put diarrhea on top of it (or shit, or piss, or dirt), does the diarrhea ruin the delicious cake?
>>
>>63222173
Bullshit analogy.

It's points against the movie, but it doesn't ruin it like shitting all over a cake would.
>>
>>63220686

The Star Wars series are flicks, not films.
>>
>>63222990
>Unironicly using the flick, films, movies meme
>>
>>63219569
yyyeeeeeaaahhhh!!!!!
>>
>>63219695
>storm fucking troopers
>Implying they were ever any good
>>
>>63222173
it's more like putting grapes in jello

sure, it's a pretty big sin to put fruit chunks in jello but it's still relatively edible and some strange people actually like it that way
>>
>>63221225
This is a good example of how Star Wars fans don't actually like Star Wars. The battle on the surface of Endor involves the lowest creatures of all triumphing over the Empire. The Rebellion isn't actually good enough, and only succeeds with the help of the low and despicable Ewoks.

Star Wars fans are terrified of the idea that the Rebels are not in fact good. This is why Star Wars fans don't actually like Star Wars: because the movies themselves disagree with their basic beliefs. The same people who denounce Ep VI for not being "satisfying" love Ep V, which is obviously rhe movie that reveals tha Luke, and by extension the Rebels, were living a lie.
>>
>>63219842
It is ruined by that barring cut, tho. Jesus, Lucas, really?

Aside from the wonky editing tho, IV is the only one that is redeemable. V had more sophisticated set pieces but ended up losing the pace and soul the original had.
>>
>>63225514
Wat r u talking about f a m, its established from the very first shot that the rebels pale in comparison to the empire. They are hopelessly out gunned so the Ewok thing was more about how they added numbers. This is apparent in V on Hoth when despite the rebels putting up a good fight, there is no way the can take on the empire when they can easily over power them.

Which is why not having the Ewoks would have worked better. having a small crew on endor taking down the shield while they are whittled down to just a few while the rebels send everything they have at the Death Star in order to finally take them down shows how their courage and resilience paid off despite the extreme losses.
>>
>>63219778
>EPpisode II is meh but the romance between Annie and Padme is cute
>Episode III is great
>>
I think the message in the end was the Jesus, born from a virgin and meant to save the world, led to the formation of a evil oppressor Empire known as Nazi Germany.
>>
>>63219569
IT'S OVER GEORGE, I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND
Thread replies: 77
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.