[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Am i the only one who found Attack Of The Clones is more enjoyable
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5
Am i the only one who found Attack Of The Clones is more enjoyable than The Phantom Menace?

despite of the shitty love story at the beginning, it started to pick up after that and become more interesting, unlike TPM which bored me until the end
>>
All 3 of them are equal levels of bad, but uniquely bad. You come prepared in attack of the clones for it to be silly and stupid and pointless, but it does a ton of things to ruin the original trilogy. Then revenge of the sith comes out and you're thinking there's nothing it can do to fuck it up, but then it gets all dark and depressing and somehow it makes you wanna kill yourself.
>>
>>63217250
no
>>
>>63217250
>despite of the shitty love story at the beginning
The love story wasn't just in the beginning. It was emphasized throughout the entire movie.

Until the third act, it was basically spliced together evenly with scenes of Obi-Wan tracking down Jango.

Episode 1 is objectively the best of the prequels, but as far as just pure enjoyment goes, Episode 2 and 3 have the advantage of being "so bad, it's funny" movies. Episode 1 doesn't so much. It's a legitimately decent childrens' movie. Unfortunately, most Star Wars fans are adults, so a good childrens' movie won't provide as much entertainment as a bad sci-fi/action/fantasy/adventure movie.
>>
File: lucas seal of quality.webm (2 MB, 1280x524) Image search: [Google]
lucas seal of quality.webm
2 MB, 1280x524
Same answer as always: The prequels were all about spectacle, and the spectacle wasn't even that good.
The lightsaber duels of the prequels were all ass compared to Vader and Luke fighting, so AotC stands out for having the best non-lightsaber and non-starfighter combat. It's also the only movie where arguably equal forces, rather than individuals, fight for any extended period of time.
Geonosis could have saved the movie, but no. The Clone Wars wasn't even the focus of the movie.

also
>space battle in Ep. III not even a space battle, just missiles and buzzdroids
>could have been the first time equally matched fleets fought
>space battleships are finally present
>but no
>space is boring and they need new spectacle

also, the only good part of PM is the podrace and Maul showing up. The droidekas were also okay. Too bad the rest of the droid army turned out to be comic relief, like what Lucas wanted the stormtroopers to be.
>>
File: you are not alone faggot.jpg (51 KB, 569x720) Image search: [Google]
you are not alone faggot.jpg
51 KB, 569x720
>>63217250
>am I the only one
Get this redditor out of here.
>>
>>63217250
i found them both equally as shitty
>>
all I enjoyed of that movie was the Obi Wan scenes where he goes on a sidequest to find out about the Clones.

I could watch an entire Obi Wan detective series like that.
>>
I enjoyed Attack of the Clones
>>
File: wrssss.jpg (60 KB, 1024x768) Image search: [Google]
wrssss.jpg
60 KB, 1024x768
Its an "annie skywalker" has a wet dream about his slave mother episode.
>>
>>63218445

Agreed. The only close to tolerable was the ROTS and even that was pretty crap.
>>
>>63217250
I liked clones better too.
It actually had a cohesive story with mystery and intrigue.
The romance stuff was the worst thing ever but all the Obi Wan segments were alright.

Phantom menace had a good lightsaber fight and the rest of the movie was a mess.
>>
>>63217250
Nah you're right, only interesting thing in the phantom menace is the lightsaber duel, whereas the whole geonosis scenes from where they get captured are pretty great (lightsaber shit sucks in that though)
>>
>>63218436
It's a figure of speech and isn't mean to be taken literally.
Are you on the spectrum or something?
>>
>>63217648
>Episode 1 is objectively the best of the prequels

Do you ever think before typing?
>>
>>63218722
>only interesting thing in the phantom menace is the lightsaber duel
>laughing_sebulbas.jpg
>>
>>63218919
He's not wrong that it's the most cohesive of the prequels, but he makes the mistake of thinking that makes it the best.
Since the prequels have nothing in the way of writing or character to praise, all that can be done is praise the entertainment value. From that standpoint, a disjointed movie with greater spectacle is more entertaining than a lackluster piece that is simply "complete". It's a fair argument to make that John Wick was a superior work to Cleopatra (1963), as both set out for no greater purpose than to entertain, and while one is flawed by inconsistent tone and spotty narrative, it delivers on that promise rather than drag on for some six odd hours to complete the narrative.
>>
The only Star Wars film that was not the top box-office earner the year of its release.

episode2^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>
>>63217250
Why the fuck is Jango on the front of the cover? His role was so minuscule.
>>
>>63219162
because blue Boba Fett
>>
>>63217250
Attack of the Clones is actually elder god tier.
>>
C-3PO was originally to have made his first appearance still in skeletal form. In post-production, George Lucas decided to have C-3PO be complete throughout the film.
>>
>>63217250
No, it's worse. TPM was bad but it wasn't like AOTC where there's an entire half of the movie that's bad.

Focus on Obi-Wan: Good, fun, interesting
Focus on Anakin: Not good, not fun, boring as shit
>>
>>63219162
I hope you're just bad at remembering things.
A better question would by why Windu is on the cover. If I'm remembering right, he:
>gives Annie some shit
>talks with yoda once or twice
>kills jango
>fights in a sci-fi remake of We Were Soldiers for a few seconds
>shows up on a balcony at 1934 Reichsparteitag that once again has been remade into science fiction
>>
>>63217250
Attack of the Clones is by far the worst of all the SW movies. Shit was just not good.
>>
>>63219379
Episode VI was the worst episode in the series followed by that piece of shit phantom menace.
>>
>>63219341
>movie starts and he belongs to a senator
>still in skeletal form for some dumb reason

get this RLM myth out of here. You're implying an entirely different storyline was created in post. Lucas may be a terrible writer, but he's still not dumb enough to move ahead on such a massive project without having finalized something like that in prepro.
>>
The droid factory chase sequence was not in the original script. Anakin and Padme were originally captured as soon as they arrived on Geonosis. George Lucas wrote an additional action sequence based in the droid factory to lead up to their capture that was filmed in March 2001.
>>
>supposed to show Anakin's descent into evil
>don't show the massacres

B R A V O L U C A S
>>
This is the only "Star Wars" film to be released during the same year as a "Star Trek" film: Star Trek: Nemesis (2002).
hhhhmmm both the shittest star movies o their respected series
kekk
>>
Beru's maiden name is Whitesun
>>
The scene where Count Dooku visits the captive Obi-Wan Kenobi and tries in vain to recruit him was not in the original shooting script. This scene was shot during reshoots in early 2001, and was designed to confuse the audience into thinking that Dooku may not be evil after all. This new scene replaced two other scenes, discarded during postproduction where Count Dooku's true allegiance was clearly stated; a brief meeting where Padme and Anakin meet the character in a conference room and refuse an offer to join him, and their subsequent trial where they are sentenced to death, which would have led directly to the scenes in the execution arena in the film.
>>
Hayden Christensen claimed to have greatly enjoyed filming the bar scene, because it was all a real set, and not just a blue screen.
>>
Attack of the clones is by far the worst Star Wars movie.
>>
can someone provide me with the CIA version of

> let her GO anakin

i really need it :^)
>>
Its the best of the trilogy
>>
>>63218436
Retarded logic.
Harrison ford was the only one to star as Han Solo in Star Wars for example.
>>
it has a passable ending but i was literally asleep in theater by then
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.