[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
where the fuck is this movie playing? it comes out on friday
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2
File: images.jpg (81 KB, 720x1080) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
81 KB, 720x1080
where the fuck is this movie playing? it comes out on friday and i can't see a single show time for it anywhere! am i going to have to watch krampus this weekend because macbeth has too limited a release to play in fucking new york?
>>
File: literallysamepicture.jpg (504 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
literallysamepicture.jpg
504 KB, 1000x1500
>>63216590
But what does it mean in mexico?
>>
>>63216590
why are limited releases even a thing?

I mean, I know not every distributor wants to spend a bunch on a 4000 screen release but holy fuck only putting it on two theaters for a week is kind of killing your chances of making a profit isn't it?
>>
>>63217384

Its not because there is no demand. Simple as that. Movie will leak on the internet or will be VoD.

There is no money in indie cinema.
>>
>>63216590
Watched this 2 months ago in a fucking third world shithole lmao.
>>
Is True Detective to blame for this double-exposure design trend? Saw a Tomb Raider promo last night and it used those too, even a song that sounded suspiciously like those of the junky-looking chick from S2.
>>
>>63217430
Is it any good? It looked pretty bad from the trailers tbqf.
>>
>>63217734

Probably best film I've seen this year, so far.
>>
>>63217445
I don't think so.
It's just the extension of the blue/orange meme-scheme that went crazy after that Bourne movie. The Battlefield series picked up on it after that with the Bad Co. 2 poster, then that went crazy in the gaming industry. Now blue/orange is too common and the colors have been pushed farther to black/red, which like you say, can be achieved through double-exposure of film -- a nice way for the film industry to claim it as their own little spin on the trend.

Graphic designers are just creatively bankrupt hipsters after all. It's no surprise that they jump on a trend and ride it to its logical conclusion.
>>
Already saw it. Pretty fucking good, never trust in Harvey Weinstein he always dumps movies
>>
>>63218797
>implying everyone doing a job is a brilliant snowflake and won't copy stuff that works you idiot prick

Macbeth is best fucking movie of the year. Saw it a month ago in germany.
>>
>>63220002
>germans are incapable of realizing creative bankruptcy when they see it
Heidegger was right. You've forgotten what meditative thought is entirely because of how blind you are to the technology you've created.
>>
>>63217340
In mejico sicario means guy with a work
>>
>>63216590
Move out of your shithole. Watched it few days ago.
Great movie btw tbqhwy family
>>
I already saw this in the cinema

It has some really great visuals but suffers from impatient editing so you can never really take in the scenery or dwell in the atmosphere. I feel like the filmmaker has the technique down but not really anything to say. It compares badly to a movie like Valhalla Rising which is similar in style but way better in execution.

there were a bunch of elements I really enjoyed though, for example how they solved the whole burnum wood comes to dunsinane shit

maybe heresy, but I thought the acting was not good and particularly Fassbender was terrible in this one, perhaps inexplicably so

all in all its still worth seeing but also nothing to sweat over
>>
>>63216590
not that good desu senpai, Im german and admittedly, altough I am very good at understanding and talking english, it was hard as fuck to understand. There was no real athmospheric buildup, the scenes were sometimes dragged on too far and it felt a little stale, soundtrack was great though, but honestly, while it might sound stupid, I wouldve preferred a less theatre like, and more history movie approach, because after all its a fucking film and not a play, but I guess its stupid of me to want that.
>>
>>63223535
I agree - an interesting failure. Worth watching anyway.
>>
>>63224253
Let's get the '>germans can't understand art' meme out of the way. Calculative versus meditative thinking is just a semantics debate.
Film is really just theater centered around the camera instead of the audience, really.
There's an odd sort of duality you can get from this -- Mise-en-scène -- depending on your interpretation of the term.
Look up Nightwatching (2007). It's fitting that a movie about a painter should be rendered as a film composed like a play.
>>
>>63224253
>its a fucking film and not a play, but I guess its stupid of me to want that.

I dont think its stupid. I think western filmmakers consistently fail at turning Shakesspeare into movies because they have too much respect for the plays (and the language) and too little respect for their own medium.

Asian filmmakers are better in this regard. The best Shakesspeare adaptions are probably Ran (King Lear) and Throne of Blood (Macbeth) by Kurosawa.
>>
>>63224509
Grigori Kozintsev's "Hamlet"
>>
>>63224509
Polanski's Macbeth is good
>>
>>63224661
yes, its really good, but it still suffers from typical fuck ups, like completely unnecessary longwinded internal monologues

>>63224588
clips on yt look pretty interesting, I will check it out. thanks, anon
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.