[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will star wars outgross Titanic and dethrone Based Jim?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4
File: TitanicandTender.jpg (324 KB, 1290x796) Image search: [Google]
TitanicandTender.jpg
324 KB, 1290x796
Will star wars outgross Titanic and dethrone Based Jim?
>>
We can't beat Titanic. No one can.
>>
>>63215891
Get the fuck out of here. Titanic WAS the best movie, and the HIGHEST GROSSING movie ever because people came home from the cinema, told all their family and friends before going to see it over and over again. It was the ultimate experience.

People willl maybe see star wars, get home and tell their friends its turd and then never go see it again.
>>
>>63216259
>implying people wont go to see it agian
>>
Eh, titanic was ok. I thought it was eye rolk enduring when they named the new planet Bob, even as a kid.
>>
>>63216259

>Titanic
>good

are you serious? it is such a gigantic piece of laughable garbage
>>
The Phantom Menace had a bigger hype than the Force Awakens and it didn't do it, so it's highly unlikely.
>>
File: avatarpepe.jpg (89 KB, 307x286) Image search: [Google]
89 KB, 307x286
>mfw avatar 2 isn't for another 2 years

Of course Star Wars won't beat Avatar or Titanic.

There are these shitty blockbusters every year that don't ever come close to Titanic.

It sickens me that people have even mentioned $3 billion for a JJ Abrams Star Wars film. No one has ever hit $2 billion but James Cameron. When prediction films gross you have to pretend James Cameron doesn't exist. Can it beat Jurrasic World? That is the question.
>>
>>63217448
true
>>
>>63215891
Maybe you don't know, but Avatar is the top grossing movie ever, these days.
>>
>>63217235
That's because you're autistic and don't understand relationships and love.

>b-but I'm a man!

Then why are you a virgin?
>>
File: latest[1].png (46 KB, 681x222) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].png
46 KB, 681x222
>>63217448
All i want is abatap back. Please let him be resurrected when Avatar 2 is released.
>>
>>63215891
Titanic had universal appeal, which star wars does not. I know you probably weren't old enough to remember this, but seeing Titanic was more than just your run of the mill theatre experience. I know people who saw it every weekend until the movie went out of theatres. The only thing that can beat a james cameron movie is another james cameron movie.
>>
>>63215891

>smoke from most aft stack

FUCKING DROPPED
>>
>>63219690
its only a little bit of smoke
its from secondary sources routed to the dummy funnels front exhaust, not the main boilers
only the first three are connected to the drivetrain
>>
File: marschall.jpg (60 KB, 558x225) Image search: [Google]
marschall.jpg
60 KB, 558x225
>>63219864
>>63219690
This.
Never doubt BASED Ken Marschall's Titanic art. He knows the ship better than Andrews
>>
>>63219578

This is great!

Outstanding!
>>
>>63219578
Whats green-oval?
>>
It might beat Titanic, but nothing will beat Avatar
>>
How will Goerge feel if it does? It means the material was all there, but he wasn't good enough to beat Jim.
>>
>>63215891
Easily. It would take a world wide ISIS attack to fuck this up
>>
>>63216259
>told all their family and friends
just like everyone is talking about The Force Awakens nonstop everywhere I go in person or on the internet, even here?
>People will maybe see star wars
Like how I couldn't buy a ticket for the film until the 19th since it's all sold out in TN?
>get home and tell their friends
who didn't see it with them as everyone of my friends is planning on seeing it at least once already?
>its turd and then never go see it again.
right, just like how everyone thought Phantom Menace sucked in theaters and didn't see it 6 times in a row.

It's predicted to make 3 billion minimum. It's a shoe-in.
Can you stop being keked by /tv/ for one fucking second? Cameron fags are pretty autistic on this one.
>>
>>63217448
>these cameronfags fucking scared
VII will make 3.5 billion quickly.
>>
With Furious 7 and Jurassic World making 1.5 billion this year I'm sure it's safe to say Titanic will be beaten soon.

With Avatar it was just a perfect blend of making like a billion overseas and 3D slowly making its comeback
>>
>>63216079

Wait for Civil War. Iron Man/Cap bromance break up + Spider-man + being a major MCU movie is going to make for crazy money.
>>
>Titanic

God i don't know if i like this movie or not

>that Cal guy getting keked by Jack
>Rose husband, you know, the one who marry her sorry ass, get keked in the titanic-afterlife
>her family getting keked by throwing away that fucking diamond

Fucking hell.
>>
>>63216259
James Cameron is the shit. How can someone be so based to make so many movies that are all different and two of them that are most different are both highly placed on the list of most highly grossed movies of all time?

Based Cameron.
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.