[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Are space people retards?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 10
I'm sure this has been discussed before, but can someone recap/expain this to me:

> TFA takes place 30 years after the events of ROTJ
> Rebels won, but are still called the Resistance. Who do they resist? The First Order?
> But wait, Rebels won, right? And there's the New Republic, right? And they should be the top dogs, right? So again, wtf is it with the "Resistance"? It sounds cool?
> I'm sure the galaxy is big, but are ppl of that era so autistic that they cannot remember things that happened on a galaxy-wide scale 30 years ago? Do they not have access to computers?
> Is this all headed down to some Jar Jar Abrams-induced fuckuppery?

I have a bad feeling about this.
>>
To be fair I think the "its true all of it" line is referring to the light/dark side which few people wouldve eye witnessed at that point
>>
>>63215203
Well the rebels threw literally everything they had at the empire in Ep6.
Even though Sheev and Vader died, there was likely someone to take over the rest of the Empire settlements/fleets, just a general, or that guy from the EP7 trailers.
>>
>>63215258

Good point, and actually not really up for debate because we don't know what is the line's context.
>>
>Who do they resist?
You think all of the Galactic Empire was present at Yavin?

> I'm sure the galaxy is big, but are ppl of that era so autistic that they cannot remember things that happened on a galaxy-wide scale 30 years ago? Do they not have access to computers?
What exactly don't they remember?

>ppl
How old are you?
>>
>>63215336

> You think all of the Galactic Empire was present at Yavin?

No, and I think you're talking about Endor. But if there's a New Republic, as has been confirmed, shouldn't that mean they at least view themselves as the legitimate governing force of the galaxy. So again, why the Resistance shenanigans?

> What exactly don't they remember?

Talking about the "It's true all of it" line. If the Rebels won, surely they would share the story with the rest of the galaxy hm?

> How old are you?

How do you get that from "ppl"?
>>
>>63215403
It's not like Empire forces disappeared into thin air when Sheev and Vader died. They still controlled the vast majority of the galaxy and still had the overwhelming advantage in numbers. Rebels didn't have shit. They can't rule over more than a few planets.

And who would believe that? A lot of people thought the jedi were superstition even when there were thousands of them. Now the rebels come and say "oh by the way we have this magic person who totally won the war for us." No one's going to believe that shit. Solo just confirms that it's actually true.

Get what?
>>
>>63215526

>It's not like Empire forces disappeared into thin air when Sheev and Vader died. They still controlled the vast majority of the galaxy and still had the overwhelming advantage in numbers. Rebels didn't have shit. They can't rule over more than a few planets.

Yet they call themselves the New Republic. So why the Resistance? Or is this like Free France and the Resistance in occupied France?

The it's true etc. line might be about jedis, true.

> Get what?

I wrote "ppl." You asked me about my age.
>>
>>63215203
>are ppl of that era so autistic that they cannot remember things that happened on a galaxy-wide scale 30 years ago?

Reminder that the Jedi were an "ancient" religion 18 years after PT
>>
>>63215580
Because they resist and are trying to overthrow the governing body of almost the whole galaxy. Resistance is fitting.

Yes. And you didn't answer.
>>
>>63215628
Well jedi as an organization are more than 4000+ years old so there's nothing wrong with that.
>>
>>63215628

> Reminder that the Jedi were an "ancient" religion 18 years after PT IV (?)

Yeah that another major continuity blunder right there, by the way.

If the jedis were all over the galaxy at the time of ROTS, then most of them got killed, how the hell are they remembered only as an ancient religion a mere twenty years later?
>>
>>63215628
Are you that simpleton from a few weeks back, who couldn't understand that "ancient" refers to the start date, rather than the end date?
>>
>>63215677
Or are YOU that simpleton from a few weeks back, who couldn't understand that "ancient" refers to the start date, rather than the end date?
>>
>>63215636

> Because they resist and are trying to overthrow the governing body of almost the whole galaxy. Resistance is fitting.

Erm if they're calling themselves the New Republic, doesn't that insinuate that THEY are the governing body of a sizeable portion of the galaxy at least?

> Yes. And you didn't answer.

I'm old enough buddy. Actually scary old. But how do you get that from "ppl"?
>>
>>63215707

Oh yeah, true. I misread that. But actually this brings up my point in another light. If most of jedis were wiped off during ROTS, and Luke becomes a jedi c. 20 years later, and the TFA takes place 30 years after that, then...

How the fuck could the galaxy forget about jedies, when they were still all over the place about 50 years ago?
>>
>>63215718
Why should it be so sizable? Is Monaco sizable compared to the rest of the world? If Monaco tried to liberate the rest of the world from the singular dictatorial regime that rules, they would be a resistance, while at the same time being a functional state.

Old enough for what? Get what?
>>
>>63215203
There is a New Republic, but they don't want to deal with the First Order, apparently. That's probably the reason why the Resistance was formed. To oppose the fanatics that are trying to blow up the galaxy with their new superweapon.

>I'm sure the galaxy is big, but are ppl of that era so autistic that they cannot remember things that happened on a galaxy-wide scale 30 years ago? Do they not have access to computers?

Han Solo was talking about the force and the Jedi. Have you ever seen A New Hope? Him talking about the long forgotten Jedi are supposed to show character development from being a selfish non believer to the new Obi Wan-type mentor character who dies in the end.

>Is this all headed down to some Jar Jar Abrams-induced fuckuppery?

No, that's just you not thinking things through.
>>
>>63215819
>Why should it be so sizable? Is Monaco sizable compared to the rest of the world? If Monaco tried to liberate the rest of the world from the singular dictatorial regime that rules, they would be a resistance, while at the same time being a functional state.

If they're a functional state they wouldn't call themselves the Resistance, would they? The Resistance implies there not being a functional state. The British didn't call themselves the Resistance when standing alone against TWO dictatorial regimes.

> Old enough for what? Get what?

Sigh. OK perhaps enough of this. I used the abbreviation "ppl", which somehow pushed you to question my age. I don't understand your train of thought in this.
>>
>>63215763
They weren't all over. There were like a few thousand jedi. That number is really small even for a planet, let alone a fucking galaxy.

And people didn't forget. Han heard about jedi but thinks it's all bullshit. That's not surprising. The political elite and someone who's come into direct contact with a jedi are pretty much the only people who could see first hand that they can actually do magic. Everyone else just thinks they were fake boogeymen the republic made up.
>>
>>63215861

> There is a New Republic, but they don't want to deal with the First Order, apparently. That's probably the reason why the Resistance was formed. To oppose the fanatics that are trying to blow up the galaxy with their new superweapon.

OK that's starting to make sense.

> Han Solo was talking about the force and the Jedi. Have you ever seen A New Hope? Him talking about the long forgotten Jedi are supposed to show character development from being a selfish non believer to the new Obi Wan-type mentor character who dies in the end.

Long-forgotten. 50 years. Also, >>63215763
>>
>>63215943

Ok that, too, is starting to make semblance of sense. But it's still hard to believe that in the age of droids and supercomputers (?) people couldn't dig up information about these things... I mean, it's not like they were invisible during the clone wars.
>>
>>63215913

>getting this autistic about calling themselves the Resistance

Why are you purposefully trying to confuse yourself? They are a Resisting governmental body also known as the New Republic. Their New Republic is Resisting the overwhelming power of the current Empire. B-b-buh why can they exist as a legitimate government if they're rebelling against another government? Read some history. I recommend something outside of your middle school history textbook.
>>
>>63215686
Sorry, I phrased that like a retard. I meant "outdated", rather than "ancient". People in the OT act as if the Jedi, and by extension the Force, is some silly old folk's tale that nobody perpetuates any more. Even Alec Guinness calls the lightsaber a civilised weapon, of a more civilised age. Phrasing something as "age" is usually reserved for longer timespans than that.

Also, regarding the lightsaber: I always felt it was a ceremonial weapon from the OT, more used in duels and small, controlled fights than in all-out skirmishes on a battlefield. Even Luke sticks to the blaster most of the time. Given how Jedi in the PT get killed within seconds when three or more blasters are fired their way simultaneously, you'd think it was more like bringing a knife to a gun fight than anything else. But hey, all Jedi have to wield sabers all the time now, because they a) look cool for kids and b) muh toy sales.

tl;dr The SW universe is inconsistent, news at 11.
>>
>>63216015
Would you believe if you read that in the US Independence War magical people were leading the regiments? People believe what they see and know to be true, and the jedi were a secretive order.
>>
>>63216025

Lol now who's being autistic. But pls, share an example from history. For example. did the US - after declaring indepence - call themselves the Resistance and see themselves as a guerrilla force against occupying Brits?

Or did the see themselves as a sovereign state - or rather, a coalition of states - fighting against another sovereign state, you know, with the continental army and all.
>>
>>63215913
>Resistance implies there not being a functional state
What? It implies that they're resisting. They're the small shitty republic opposing the goddamn Empire.

You don't? It's really simple. Shit like 'erm' and 'hm' in text, and stuff like 'ppl' are mostly used by young teenagers. Between that and the mental acuity you've displayed, it makes one wonder.
>>
>>63216088

I guess that's true, but still, from another point of view, enough people knew about the jedis to not completely wipe them out of history as some magical ninjas.
>>
>>63216184

Small shitty republics are usually pretty gosh darn specific about being called republics instead of resistance movements.

You're not fully understanding this are you?
>>
>>63216034

Inconsistent, yes, thank you.
>>
>>63216190
From another point of view? That's the original point of view. A lot of people heard about the jedi and the legends surrounding them but few people actually believe those. Like Han and Vader's officer both thought it's all just bullshit and there's no way jedi really had these shaman warrior powers.
>>
I was just playing the new Jakku DLC for Starwars Battlefront, and the flavour text says the Empire still had overwhelming numbers and continued to push the rebels into retreat.
>>
>>63216221
Oh yeah, I'm sure they sent many letters to the Empire to please make sure that in the future they are referred to as "The Republic" instead of the resistance and everyone will respect their wishes.

Are you really really not underage?
>>
>>63216277

My point of view was that enough people would have seen jedis in action to make it hard to completely disregard them and their powers.

In fact in the prequels there are several (all?) characters who know exactly what the jedis are. You can't eliminate that kind of information, especially if it dates back 4000 years. But I guess this is one of SW inconsistencies.
>>
Star wars is bullshit anyway. The concept of instantaneous interstellar travel and a consistent galactic political landscape and timeline make no sense due to relativity
>>
>>63216344

Ffs (as I know you like abbreviations), of course the fucking British called them rebels! What matters is what they called themselves!

And they did not call themselves "The Resistance."
>>
>>63216412

Here, read this:

>https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_Declaration_of_Independence
>>
>>63216374
>But I guess this is one of SW inconsistencies.

It is because the prequels are terrible movies. Both the OT and the ST make it clear that the Jedi and everything about them are like a myth to most people.
>>
>>63216438

Yeah I'm guessing Lucas done goofed up. Is it really that hard to create scripts with fewer continuity issues?
>>
>>63216412
Oh child, the resistance is not the official name of their state. That's the republic. But they are a de facto resistance, and the Empire, i.e. 90% of the galaxy, refers to them as such.
>>
My guess about the Resistance name is that the galaxy was ruled by the New Republic for most of the 30 years after ROTJ, but the First Order emerged after years of the Empire being gone and severely weakened the New Republic government, maybe even deposed it entirely. The heroes are now on the defensive against the First Order, this is why they are called the Resistance. The Resistance could also be a name for the military forces of the New Republic government

(possible origins of the First Order: Imperial remnants who fled, perhaps beyond the edge of the galaxy, and encountered Snoke there. They gathered their strength for many years before returning to attack the New Republic)

The Aftermath book somewhat supports these ideas
>>
>>63216374
Why? Clones were fighting in the war, not regular people. And they worked for Sheev so they kept their mouths shut.

Pretty much Watto is the only character who wasn't some politician or sith affiliate and still knew about the nature of the force.
>>
File: darth twat.jpg (9 KB, 300x224) Image search: [Google]
darth twat.jpg
9 KB, 300x224
youza thought i was st00pid, jedhi?
>>
Its absolutely pathetic for the Rebels to still be fighting the Empire three decades later. They BTFO of the Empire in RotJ. That shouldn't have stopped at Endor. Especially after all the Imperial leadership was taken out.

I do understand the Empire changing their name for PR purposes after getting their asses handed to them, but not the Rebels. The Rebel Alliance should be the legimate authority at this point and call itself the Alliance, or even the New Republic. Not just a synonym.
>>
>>63216506

The mind boggles. You're losing the plot, really. The whole issue why they would choose to call themselves Resistance, if there is a New Republic in existence.

Like, ya know, in the Civil war, when the confederates sure as shit didn't see themselves as a resistance movement but the sovereign Confederate States of America.
>>
>>63216515

This actually makes good sense.
>>
>>63216374
I always figure the Empire just does Stalin-style information purges, wipes people from pictures and video, makes it a crime to discuss certain things, etc
>>
File: starwarschinaposter.jpg (255 KB, 560x800) Image search: [Google]
starwarschinaposter.jpg
255 KB, 560x800
>Chinese poster

Notice anything?
>>
>>63216565

My recollection (could remember wrong) is that every Tom, Dick and Harry, even the Gungans, knew what the jedis were.
>>
>ITT a couple of SW fans desperately try to defend blatant inconsistencies in the ridiculously crammed timeline

>>63216681
Based chinks
>>
>>63216702
Everyone knew what the jedi were. They didn't know what they could do. They knew about their existence and their role, but they didn't know about their magic. You know, just like Han Solo.
>>
>>63216405
SW is not science fiction, it's fantasy, so they can say whatever they want and not bother with details
>>
>>63216728

OK... Not bad explanation. But many people also witnessed the jedi using their powers in the prequels.

Ah damn you Lucas. Why couldn't you make the effort?
>>
>>63216681
>remove Oscar Isaac
>move Boyega
>shitty angle of Kylo
>parallel saber and staff
>no Maz
>better make sure to add hundreds of extra stormtroopers

this poster looks like ass
>>
>>63216681

They removed some characters?
>>
Think about it this way:
If ISIS killed Obama and all the NATO leaders yesterday with a bomb, would you suddenly become a part of the great Caliphate?
>>
>>63216146
After the American Colonies declared full Independence from Britain in 1776, the nation was called 'The thirteen United States of America', and for the duration of the war still identified as Revolutionaries and we still call that war the Revolutionary War. The country was simultaneously independent and also fighting a war for revolution.

Any other brain busters?
>>
>>63216872
Not a fair comparison. The rebels are more capable than ISIS. And at the end of ROTJ it's hinted (to say the least) that people welcome the fall of the empire. All that celebration.
Also the rebels have had what 30 years? Not one single day.
>>
>>63215403
New Republic is EU. Into the trash it goes.

It's Resistance vs First Order.

Make peace with it.
>>
>>63215203

Do people think the Empire was defeated just because the Emperor and the Death Star 2 blew up? Obviously there is still an army and some Imperial to lead them. The Rebel is still a small as fuck faction. It makes sense that the Empire still exist albeit it's probably smaller and less influential in the galaxy.
>>
>ppl
How old are you?
>>
>>63216034

George Lucas didn't think the Prequels through.

News at 11.
>>
>>63216611
>a galactic empire is fucked after well known leadership gets rekt

No, galactic means galaxy wide, it's fucking huge. Although the emperor and Vader are gone there are still generals, admirals, officers and grunts who firmly believe the empire is necessary and wont disband after their leadership is gone. It's a setback, but they can manage.

If you want an analogy, it's like the independence wars from all colonies worldwide: you need several battles to defeat the empire army, make sure they no longer can sustain themselves and then sign independence declarations.

When Napoleon invaded Spain, all colonies were still under spanish rule, even when his brother Joseph replaced king Felipe. Local spanish viceroys and governors were still loyal to spain, so battling them weas still required
>>
>>63216914
It's a galaxy spanning Empire. It won't just disappear because two of their space station got blown up. And the celebrations are special edition changes made by Lucas who has nothing to do with the franchise anymore.
>>
>>63216912

That's basically a good point, if you ignore semantics and draw parallels with revolutionaries and resistance. And which term they each one uses to describe themselves. For the term "resistance", I humbly guide you to Wiki: Resistance movement, a group trying to thwart foreign occupation.

The Red Army and the Bolsheviks, to give you another brainbuster, also called themselves revolutionaries. But they did not see themselves as a resistance fighting an occupying force. Nah, they saw themselves as the true government of the country, overthrowing the previous, corrupt government.
>>
>>63216933

So who's the First Order then?
>>
>>63216968
Why would the imperial generals keep fighting for Sheev's empire now that he's dead,It had only been around for 20 years by RoTJ. The moffs would either fight it out among each other or cut a deal with the new republic.
>>
>>63216034
>I always felt
>muh headcanon

Cry more, idiot.
>>
>>63217072
You'll find out after december 18th. Probably empire loyalists, could be a radical faction, por a moderate one... Previous first order definitions don't apply after the disney purge
>>
>>63217072
JJ described them as nazis who escaped after the second world war to plan their comeback.
>>
>>63216794

>many people

A few hundred out of hundreds of trillions.
>>
>>63217072
The First Order is a reorganized version of the Empire. JJ compared them to The Boys in Brazil if they were able to successfully revive the Nazi Reich...in space. Basically, the Empire didn't fold overnight after Endor, but they were eventually defeated. However, the scattered fragments were eventually able to reorganize themselves a few decades later and grow in size to the point they could threaten the galaxy again.

We KNOW there was a New Republic at some point, the Battle of Jakku DLC for Battlefront confirms that. What we don't know is their current status as of the Force Awakens. They may have been crushed by the First Order, some people tell me that they still exist, they're just weak and incompetent and refuse to challenge the First Order. The Resistance is commanded by Princess Leia, who basically broke off from the Republic and is taking the fight directly to the First Order behind enemy lines.
>>
>>63217086
1.- Commited to the empire ideales and principles , not a personality cultura
2.- No need to cut deals with a clearly inferior army (galactic wide vs system wide)

Some form of reorganization is required, maybe the movie is going to explain that. Or ruin it, who knows
>>
>>63217179
>who basically broke off from the Republic and is taking the fight directly to the First Order behind enemy lines.

I should specify that this is just speculation, I accidentally worded it so it sounded like this was confirmed.
>>
>>63217086
>The moffs would either fight it out among each other or cut a deal with the new republic.

Seems like both of these things did happen after ROTJ, but the First Order seems to be much more fanatical than the old Empire, so I guess they killed the "moderate" imperials and took their ressources and planets to build their new superweapon.
>>
>>63216933

Wookiepedia claims that the New Republic is included in TFA.

Also, with all the comparisons to real political history here, I first read EU as European Union.
>>
>>63217179

Never mind if this is speculation, it would make the most sense at this point.
>>
>>63217179
SW Battlefront is considered canon by disney?
>>
>>63217401
Everything that has been made after Disney took over is canon. The movies, the tv shows, the books, games and comics are all canon.
>>
>>63217168

>A few hundred out of hundreds of trillions.

During 4000+ years of jedi virgin wizardry?
>>
well people still deny the holocaust, so...
>>
People probably thought Jedi were just guys with swords that all got killed because who takes a sword to a gun fight
>>
>>63218102
you're gonna trigger /pol/
>>
File: SWTFA_Payoff2_UK.jpg (84 KB, 564x806) Image search: [Google]
SWTFA_Payoff2_UK.jpg
84 KB, 564x806
>>63216681

kek

see, even the fuckers KNOW that noone likes boyega. see the uk one attached
>>
>>63218256

/pol/ is always triggered
>>
>>63216681
Could the stormtroopers being divided like that mean something? Civil war within the remnant empire perhaps?
>>
>>63218067
I hate explaining this to people over and over and fucking over again

when there's a couple thousand Jedi in a galaxy of a hundred quadrillion people, literally .000000000000000000000000000000000001% of people will ever see a Jedi. Yeah, the Temple was on Coruscant, sure, but it's not like they were giving tours, and Courscant has 100 billion people on it anyway. People who lived in the rich districts of Coruscants might have seen it from their penthouse on their way to work, but they probably didn't see Jedi in person very often if ever. You only think the Jedi are super common because you're the audience, watching a movie that is focused on the Jedi knights

Remember, people are still AWARE of the concept of a Jedi and the Force in the original trilogy, they just don't believe their powers were genuine. When the Jedi were so few in number and the Empire was running a propaganda smear campaign against them it'd be really easy to make people believe they were just a bunch of crazy cultists.
>>
>>63218067
there are less people alive in the galaxy who have seen jedi than there are poeple who were involved in the construction of the two death stars, and they are spread across a galaxy of trillions.
>>
>>63218517
phasma mayb?
>>
>>63218556
>>63218560

plus, all tthose clones who witnessed jedi feats and then order 66'd them were directly turned into stormtroopers - im pretty sure they wouldnt go about discussing the jedi would they
>>
>>63216648
Maybe because, gee, they are resisting the Empire's rule? Hence resistance. Do you understand that word?

Wait I'll try translating it to your language:
errm they're are liek alotof bad ppl lol and... hm, there is like only little good ppl and like.... err the good ppl are resisting the bad ones dude lmao
>>
>>63215203

One thing that none of the movies ever really convey is that Jedi, the Force, Sith, and their conflicts are not widely known throughout the galaxy. They are the equivalent of myths or legends to most people, like the old maps which say "here there be dragons" in their farthest corners. Many people may have heard of them, but beyond the core worlds few may actually believe they exist. The Jedi especially keep their ways very secretive.
>>
>>63218660
First of all, the clones that fought in the clone wars were all dead or decrepit old men by the time of the original trilogy. Clones were phased out of the Empire anyway, there was no need for them at that point. Clones were created in the first place because Sheev needed an army he could build in secret that was loyal only to him. By the time he was secure as Emperor, he didn't need them anymore. It's cheaper just to get conscripts off the poor shithole planets. Kamino also rebelled against the empire and tried to breed their own clone army but I don't think that's canon anymore. Regardless, why the fuck would clone troopers go around spreading stories about the Jedi's feats at the bar? They don't have social lives, and they literally cannot disobey the Empire. If they said "shut the fuck up and don't talk about the Jedi" they wouldn't.

Seriously, don't act like a smug fuck when you clearly don't know shit
>>
>>63218750
this is too much
>>
>>63218556

Well put.

Then again, and I hate my own autism over this, isn't that timeframe (c. 50 years) too short to completely eradicate the memory of their powers? I mean, shouldn't they have fucking holograms or some such shit of their jedi magic tricks? Or - if holograms don't cut it for you - the word of many planets' leaders in the Senate and the New Republic, and other influential figures?
>>
>>63218750
but sheev had an army of clones of himself, im almost certain he will return as a clone in episode 8 or 9
>>
>>63218792
>>63218750
lmao, I got so autistically buttflustered over someone who was agreeing with me

what a faggot I am
>>
>>63218671

As has been stated for about twelve times in this thread, the question was about the usage of "The New Republic" in conjunction with "The Resistance." You can have one, but you can't have them both - that's just common sense.

There have been some good speculations about why this could be on this thread. Then again, I really do suspect another continuity/"cool factor" blooper from Abrams and his screenwriters (he really knows how to pick them).
>>
>>63216968
yes people think that because it was canon that the empire was defeated when the emperor died for like 20 years after the films. that's how lucas wanted it. black and white, good vs evil, and good won. only the expanded universe ran with the idea that the empire was still around.
>>
>>63218943
If Wookiepedia is right, The Resistance is a military organization of the New Republic.

e.g.
New Republic = United Kingdom
Resistance = Special Air Service

You can have both.
>>
>>63218814
Sheev no longer has clones, that's non-canon

Sheev coming back was always a retarded fucking decision and ruined Vader's sacrifice
>>
File: 1434626318615.gif (607 KB, 800x792) Image search: [Google]
1434626318615.gif
607 KB, 800x792
>>63215203
it's like when america suddenly became weak when kennedy got shot

oh wait
>>
>>63219071
they already took a shit on that by creating the new trilogy
>>
File: 1410705983567.jpg (58 KB, 532x502) Image search: [Google]
1410705983567.jpg
58 KB, 532x502
>>63219029

Well.

This makes most of my posts pretty dumb.
>>
Hinduism still is practiced today. Are you really going to tell me that this prevents it from being an ancient religion?
>>
>>63219106
No, they took a shit on the "chosen one" prophecy that was nonsensical since day 1. I'm all for them ignoring the prequels. Kylo Ren and Snoke are explicitly not Sith anyway, they're some new kind of Dark side wielders, we don't know what their ideology is

Bringing Sheev back actually makes Darth Vader's sacrifice pointless because it wasn't even that big of a wrench in Sheev's plans, dude resurrected like five times.
>>
>>63219163
I think people forget too that these movies take place in an entire galaxy.
Most people in the galaxy have probably never seen any evidence of jedis or the force
>>
>>63216405
Even more ridiculous is the concept of melee weapons being useful at all in the future
>>
>>63219322
When you have precognitive abilities and super fast reflexes because you have a spiritual connection to the universe that lets you deflect blaster bolts with your laser sword it sure would be useful

>>63216787
>if it's not Dick, Asimov, or Clarke, it's not Science Fiction!

Jesus christ you pedantic assholes literally need to crawl in a hole and die. You must be a real delight at parties
>>
>>63216405

Scientists are already predicting ways to circumvent relativity. A sufficiently advanced civilization like the Republic in Star Wars should have no problem with it.
>>
File: DUNE_3rdStageNavigator_Redesign.jpg (177 KB, 1600x763) Image search: [Google]
DUNE_3rdStageNavigator_Redesign.jpg
177 KB, 1600x763
>>63219383

And of course you can always fold space.
>>
>>63217123
>headcanon

What the fuck is wrong with you? Does this look like /co/ to you? How the viewer perceives the film is important to a film, you dipshit. If script as well as certain plot points give the viewer the impression that lightsabers are ceremonial weapons seldom used in battlefield combat, then that is integral to the plot itself, especially when sequels shit all over that.

>b-but I never got that impression!
That's because you are a dumb-dumb exclusive SWposter who's never seen anything deeper than the Harry Potter movies.
>>
>>63219663
Your impressions dont mean shit, you can go and on and on about how thats how you felt it, but it still means nothing.

The fact that you are so hanged up about how some prequels to a children franchise ruined everything for you really say alot about what kind of manchild you are, then again one cant expect much more from Star Wars manchildren
>>
File: 1405886375164.gif (2 MB, 374x312) Image search: [Google]
1405886375164.gif
2 MB, 374x312
>>63219854

Ooh the edge etc. How about not getting involved with the manchilds in the first place?
>>
>>63215203

>right? right?
>right?
>blah blah blah autism blah

wow good points.
>>
>>63219322
It's not the future, it's the past :^)
>>
>>63219977

Yes thank you for the recap.
>>
>>63220037

Oh shit this point as well. I'm done. Lucas you fuckface.
>>
>>63219029
The Resistance would be a terrible name for a lawful military organization. It just doesn't fit at all with the normal usage of the word.

Hopefully that's just an oversight in wookiepedia's categorization system or something.
>>
>>63220143

It should be "The Allied Army" or some such.
>>
>>63216968

Again the time/size frame. They ordered the oh let's say a hundred thousand clones from the watery clone people. How does that make them a galaxy wide power, I mean to start with.
>>
Nah, but the people paying for this shit are
>>
>>63215203
>Rebels won, but are still called the Resistance. Who do they resist?
they were the ones who resisted and withstood, that's what defines them, sure they do not need to resist any longer, at least not as much as they used to, but twhat the name is basically saying is "we are the ones who resisted and overcame tyranny; now we're in power and if you want to overthrow us, go try, we'll resist
>>
>Jesus christ you pedantic assholes literally need to crawl in a hole and die. You must be a real delight at parties

Sure buddy.

>knights with swords and magic need to rescue the princess in distress from the evil black lord who threatens the entire galaxy
>not fantasy

The comment was in response to the lack of logical sense in the SW universe. Sci fi attemps to explain whatever they come up with, fantasy doesn't need to.

No need to feel butthurt about it though, being fantasy doesn't mean it cannot be enjoyed. Forma example, everybody loves LOTR!

>inb4 LOTR sucks
>>
File: images(4).jpg (6 KB, 300x168) Image search: [Google]
images(4).jpg
6 KB, 300x168
>>63220143
It should be La Resistance
>>
>ctrl f "ppl"
>15
>>
There should be just New Republic and the First Order, this this time roles somewhat reversed. That would be pottery. Resistance just doesn't make sense, does the Republic call their military Resistance or what? Smh senpai
>>
>>63221952

Sorry for newfaggotry:

> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LonKGuS9uuQ
>>
>>63215279
Tarkin was still alive and the Empire would have had millions of ships and billions of soldiers.
>>
>>63215203
Cuba's government still call themselves rebels. So did Gaddafi and everyone else who has been in power for decades after a rebellion.
>>
Calling them The Resistance is just a shitty way of making sure that the good guys are still outlaws, like they were in OT.
>"We're the Resistance, you guys. Definitely not the Rebellion"
>>
File: spacecamp.jpg (23 KB, 400x300) Image search: [Google]
spacecamp.jpg
23 KB, 400x300
>>63215203
"Max can't wait that long. frieeennds….FOR-EVERR."
Thread replies: 132
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.