[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is SNL the gold standard for comedy in the US? It's
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4
File: snl_0.png (269 KB, 640x430) Image search: [Google]
snl_0.png
269 KB, 640x430
Why is SNL the gold standard for comedy in the US? It's so fucking bad and like 85% of the people whose career was spawned by it are the unfunniest, lamest kind of comedians.
>>
>>63213709
Just a middle of the road comedy sweat shop.
>>
File: Impressive.jpg (144 KB, 960x764) Image search: [Google]
Impressive.jpg
144 KB, 960x764
You give Americans way too-much credit.
>>
>>63213709
why do europoors think they know anything about the US?

it is not the gold standard and no one here has liked it since the mid 90's
>>
>>63213709
Chris Farley though...
>>
>>63213742
And yet all of your most prestigious comedy actors were created by it.
>>
i dont know anyone that likes snl
>>
It's safe unoffensive comedy for people who must never get any kind of laugh all day

I get more laughs with wisecracks before 8AM
>>
>>63213762
there have been a few in the past but its a gig with a big cast

90% of the comedians I like wee never on snl
>>
>>63213709
its funny how europeans say they hate us but cant ever stop talking about us
>>63213762
confirmed bait
THIS THREAD IS OFFICIALLY DILDOES
>>
>>63213762
It's funny how that works... but don't worry about it. Go to sleep. You'll forget this conversation ever took place, in the morning.
>>
>>63213847
No you fuck off Will. Jaden will never be president.
>>
File: Jodon Smoth.jpg (98 KB, 680x1000) Image search: [Google]
Jodon Smoth.jpg
98 KB, 680x1000
>>63213881
He already is, my friend. He already is.
>>
Live sketch comedy and the comedy that most of the population is use to are two different things. This is why Weekend Update gets such a long time slot, more people are in tune with it as opposed to the quirky sketches.

Go back and watch entire seasons of old SNL, not just the highlights that people remember. You'll find it's the same format.
>>
When it first premiered in 1975, it was considered ground breaking, and edgy. It still has it's moments, but the classic years would be the first 4 seasons are the best. Also the early 1990s were pretty good too.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.