[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
[spoilers]>The Lion King meets Homeward Bound/Milo and Otis.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 10
File: images.jpg (108 KB, 720x1080) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
108 KB, 720x1080
[spoilers]>The Lion King meets Homeward Bound/Milo and Otis. You know it to be true.[/spoilers]
>>
I don't think anybody actually saw this movie
>>
Heh, more like the bad movie amirite? Fucking owned, Pixar
>>
worst since cars
>>
File: 1447828034666.png (41 KB, 394x441) Image search: [Google]
1447828034666.png
41 KB, 394x441
>>63213602
Why does the god damn fucking stupid piece of shit faggot dinosaur look so fucking god damn retarded
>>
>>63215391
That's not Brave
>>
>mfw the underlined "the" makes me read it as "THEE Good Dinosaur"

>in the previews it's just "Thuh Good Dinosaur"

Slightly triggered
>>
File: The_Good_Dinosaur_Pixar_1.0.jpg (209 KB, 1770x741) Image search: [Google]
The_Good_Dinosaur_Pixar_1.0.jpg
209 KB, 1770x741
>>63213602
Basically, the story was really phoned in for Pixar. Plot-wise it really is the worst since Cars. It was able to give some poignancy and tear my eye a few times, but Pixar simply has a reliable ability to force that emotion, no longer do they bring it out naturally through storytelling.

But the animation. Dear lord the animation was sublime. I would 100% believe being told they were just taking shots of real landscapes and adding in the CGI dinos. The lighting and dynamics in the grass, water, clouds - really everything EXCEPT the characters - was the most realistic I've ever seen.
>>
Also, what the fuck was up with the drug trip scene?

For those who haven't seen it Arlo (the dino) and Spot (the human) are foraging and eat some fruit that had fallen from the tree and fermented. They then go on a drug trip (quite literally) and hallucinate and switch bodies and run around laughing. It reminds me of the old movie Bear, except I was really surprised drug use (even accidental) was allowed to be portrayed in such a positive light in a kid's movie.
>>
>>63217542
Landscapes look good indeed. Can't believe the characters look so shit, I didn't want to see this movie because of that.
>>
How does this movie fit into the Pixar timeline theory?
>>
>>63217678
Pre-history of the Monster World, obviously.
>>
>>63217661
>>63215569
Agreed 100%
I know the main dino is supposed to be "the good guy" but it looks like they took a 5 year old's drawing of a dinosaur and just said "fuck it let's go with this". And making it even worse, I've seen shots of the other dinos in the movie, and they actually look good. I just can't comprehend who thought making the main good dinosaur look fucking terrible was a good idea.
>>
File: good dinosaur 1.gif (1 MB, 500x206) Image search: [Google]
good dinosaur 1.gif
1 MB, 500x206
Look at this, this is incredible. I'm going full shill for this, the dopey looking MC should not keep people away.
>>
File: good dinosaur 2.gif (2 MB, 528x221) Image search: [Google]
good dinosaur 2.gif
2 MB, 528x221
>>63217870
I've been trying to find two specific scenes: a field of wheat, and sunlight reflecting off a stream. They took my breath away. But until then here's some rapids.
>>
is there an in-movie explanation as to why a caveboy exists alongside dinosaurs

is this some creationist bible thumping bullshit
>>
File: good dinosaur 3.gif (2 MB, 500x160) Image search: [Google]
good dinosaur 3.gif
2 MB, 500x160
>>63217905
Again, the family is goofy and the story is bland, but really - dat river, dat tree.
>>
>>63217870
>highlight of the movie
>rain dripping off some leafs

Bravo Pixar, bravo.
>>
File: good dinosaur 4.gif (2 MB, 245x140) Image search: [Google]
good dinosaur 4.gif
2 MB, 245x140
>>63217951
More like they hand-waved the dinosaurs going away, and the humans are advancing alongside them. I felt no Bible-vibes to worry any fedoras.

>>63217981
I'm highlighting the animation; the movie was below Monsters U, on the Pixar scale.
>>
>>63217951
Did you even watch the trailer? It explains it in the first second.
>>
>>63217951
first of all
*tips fedora*

second, it's an alternate timeline where the the asteroid that killed the dinosaurs didn't hit the earth and they evolve into an intelligent species and do civilized shit like farming. They basically evolve next to primates and become the smarter, dominate species.

It's like a western, but with dinosaurs and it's more primative to stay in line with the frozen prehistory theme
>>
>>63218037
WHAT
THE
ACTUAL
FUCK

>realistic lizard
>cartoony dino

Who thought this was a good idea? Seriously, it makes me visibly angry.
>>
File: good dinosaur 5.gif (1 MB, 400x167) Image search: [Google]
good dinosaur 5.gif
1 MB, 400x167
>>63218070
>It's like a western

Yep, they've even got T-Rex Cowboys and Raptor Rustlers.

This is the last gif I'm finding that shows the quality. They really dropped the ball making the main family so goofy. I guess it was to appeal to young'uns, but it seems to be failing miserably.
>>
File: image.jpg (88 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
88 KB, 1280x720
>people calling arlo dopey and ugly

fuck you guys, he's cute. I thought he was the better design out of the other family members.

seriously, that block head design on the dad/brother was too over the top and ended looking really unappealing on a semi-realistic dinosaur body. the eyes on some of the dinosaurs were kind of gross as well, even admittedly on Arlo.
>>
>>63218071
it really makes no sense at all
i bet there was another version, one without cartoony shit
>>
>>63217951

The movie is what if the meteor didn't hit Earth.

Humans evolved alongside dinosaurs, but since dinosaurs are the dominant species, the humans are more primitive
>>
File: image.jpg (431 KB, 1121x1600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
431 KB, 1121x1600
>>63218220
here's an early poster that came out in 2014 I think

I think Peter Sohn really changed the direction after replacing Bob Peterson, making it more cartoony and goofy since the designs look pretty laid back in early concept art and this poster
>>
>>63218205
Not ugly, just too cartoony for the environment. The dinos are poofy and have very simple textures compared to other animals or the trees/water/lighting. I would imagine it was done to avoid uncanny valley, and because the characters are inherently more difficult to animate, so a simpler model makes that easier.
>>
No,it'll just be Ice Age. Get the prehistoric kid back home to his parents and form an unlikely friendship along the way.
>>
>>63215391
But Cars 2 exists.
>>
>>63218670
"Cars" is shorthand for "anything related to Cars."
>>
>>63218330
Yeah no, this is bullshit. Look at their original tests for Finding Nemo. What they started out with was hyper-realism and then they hit the sweet spot between the characters looking cartoonish enough to serve their purpose but realisitic enough that you could actually tell what the fuck kind of fish it was supposed to be and have realistic features and attention to detail. It isn't hard to animate. "difficult to animate" should not even be a factor for a company that is ENTIRELY BASED UPON animation and being masters of it. Pixar shills are so fucking sickeningly retarded.
>>
>>63218987
where can I watch those original tests anon? kinda curious
>>
>>63215117
I saw it saturday, it was eh. Something that exists I guess
>>
>>63219130
I saw them on the special features of the dvd.
>>
>>63219333
ok thanks. Also dem trips
>>
>>63215331
NO REGARD FOR HUMAN LIFE
>>
>>63218319
this looks disgusting though so he made the right call
>>
>>63219400
>checks trips
>get dubs
it's like pottery
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.