[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
STAR WARS Darth Jar Jar
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 13
File: fuckinfeget.jpg (58 KB, 600x418) Image search: [Google]
fuckinfeget.jpg
58 KB, 600x418
Jar Jar Binks, yes the village idiot we all hate is the main antagonist in the prequels, he is a sith lord manipulating the scene from inside, Lucas copied from Asimov a character called the MULE who manipulates it's way into power from a unsuspecting position

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yy3q9f84EA

I want to ask Lucas why was he such a bitch

the theory is almost a month old, but it holds up exceptionally well, because it's the truth
>>
I don't get why you come all the way from reddit to spam a fan fiction
>>
File: 1448788683830.jpg (17 KB, 480x419) Image search: [Google]
1448788683830.jpg
17 KB, 480x419
>>63212741
because i just found out, and i'm blown away.

Also i don't come from reddit, i just saw the video while surfing youtube, and googling Andy serkis's role in the new movies.

It's not fan fiction this is the fucking truth.... why lucas
>>
>>63212714
It holds up well because you're an autist.
The video claims Jar Jar uses jedi mind trick and uses situations where nobody listens to what he said. (ex. 'wissa can go back now' they still continue the boat ride)
He uses a force jump in front of the jedis. Why would he do that if he wants to appear normal?

This is just so damn stupid.
>>
>>63212781
>the truth
>never was in any movie and never will be

I think you're just retarded
>>
>>63212714
>he copied the idea from the MULE

HOLY SHIT
>>
>>63212790
the scenes where already filmed and they didn't have time to animate all of it again, the jump i can't explain, but it's odd that he talks while other fucking characters talk, almost as if he is making them say those things.

Also HE FUCKING MADE THE ENTIRE GALACTIC SENATE GIVE UP DEMOCRACY a FUCKING BUTTUGLY FISH

He mindfucked them all.... after lucas saw the backlash of the first movie he was pissing himself and decided to change the plot to what it is now
>>
>>63212816
it's cool man i forgive you

http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Andy-Serkis-Character-Star-Wars-Force-Awakens-Has-Been-Revealed-71705.html
>>
not quite buying it, but it's interesting
>>
>>63212816
http://www.ew.com/article/2015/11/12/star-wars-andy-serkis-supreme-leader-snoke
>>
File: image.jpg (77 KB, 510x640) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77 KB, 510x640
>>63212714
But how is JarJar supposedly a better politician than Count Dooku, who lead the Separatist movement (in addition to procuring the clones)?
>>
>>63212714
stupid nerd shit
>>
>>63212830
i know you're mocking etc, but i haven't got around to read The foundation yet, i've started Eternitya, also fringe stole from him, the new media truly is a copypaste
>>
>>63212862
I'm aware of it and its fucking retarded

there was no secret twist, lucas is just retarded
obviously its not fucking real if its never revealed in 23456, and you can guarantee disney wants nothing to do with the prequels. so who gives a fuck? I can say Luke was really Mace Windu the whole time but that doesn't make it not stupid

>reddit literally in the title of the video
>>
>>63212714
Keep this bullshit on wookiepedia and reddit where it belongs
>>
>>63212714
>Reddit
Saged, reported, hidden, called the cops, called the Fire Department, called pizza hut, called the USN, called the Royal Navy, called the Red Army, called the FBI. called the CIA, called Interpol, called the KGB, called the USMC, called the USAF, called the Royal Air force, called MI 6, called Scotland Yard, called the US National Guard of every state, called NYPD, called Obama, called the Queen, called Putin, called David Cameron, called every Governor of every US State, used my time phone to call Winston Church hill, As well as Hitler, Stalin, Theodore Roosevelt, George Washington, Montezuma, ever Caesar, and Gilgamesh, called US Army, called British Army in every era, called every phone sexline, called papa john's, called the US Coast Guard, called my State Senators, called my Senators, called every republican in the US, called Dr. Who, called the Pope, called my local Gang lords, called the State Patrol of ever state west of the Mississippi, called all of my local news channels, called Star Fleet, called The Sun, called The national enquirer, called CNN, called Scot Pelly, called Steven Colbert, called half of the Mexican Drug Cartels, called Nintendo, called the Japan Maritime Self-Defense Force, called the head of the Illuminati, called ever free mason, called bilderberg, called my neighbors, called the mayor of ever city in France, called my mom, called the Emperor of Man, and called every school district in Canada.
>>
>>63212933
yeah i know it's the title of the video nitwit, that's where the theory originated, it doesn't mean i took it from reddit, i saw it on youtube.

>you can guarantee disney wants nothing to do with the prequels

I beg to differ, we clearly see in some behind the scenes shots from jj feget, that there are clearly gungans and pit droids in the movie, i think the new trilogy is supposed to lift up the public perception of the prequels and put a new perspective on them.
>>
>>63212880
>>63212862
What are trying to prove? I never said Serkis wasn't in it. But jarjar being in vii at all is a joke

also
>No, he’s a new character in this universe. It is very much a newly-introduced character
>>
Palpatine did not want Padme on Coruscant, because she couldn't be easily manipulated. Jar Jar is easily manipulated, and is Padme's de-facto stand in. jar jar was not manipulating anything.

also he can jump BECAUSE HE'S A FROG

it makes just as much sense for jar jar to be comic relief and palpatine manipulating everything.

the whole lip reading/syncing thing is so laughable too. obviously just poor CGI decisions

is greedo a fucking sith lord too? did he manipulate han into shooting first?
>>
Nigger you can make threads to discuss stupid shit in /tv/, but you keep posting the same youtube video. Stop spamming your shit here.
>>
his name is Darth Menace
>>
>>63212888

him and sidious were buddies , he makes allies with all the fuckups in the galaxy and a lot of degenerates help him

Boom you got your army
>>
>>63212913

>stupid nerd shit
>posts on 4chan

oh buddy i have bad new for you
>>
@63212971

> Billy Cosby's new hit show: Shit Redditors Say.
>>
File: 1441982564838.jpg (94 KB, 500x657) Image search: [Google]
1441982564838.jpg
94 KB, 500x657
>>63212714
Jar Jar jokes are the new College Humor Batman voice
>>
>>63212938
missa thinkin yousa re pretty mad
>>
>>63212972
there's something that loosely resembles a gungan on the table but its not clear, the pit droid is just a picture

but just because there's a pit droid doesn't mean that JARJAR WAS EVIL THE WHOLE TIME ISN'T THAT WHACKY LOL
>>
>>63212994

>snoke takes of mask
>missa ganna avenge yousa ani

The crowd starts crying
>>
>>63213034
Ebin.

This theory must get posted at least 5 times a day on here. Give it a rest
>>
>>63212996

>the whole lip reading/syncing thing is so laughable too. obviously just poor CGI decisions

he is a cgi character, he needs to be animated, the whole thing is made on purpose, you don't just lypsinc him randomly
>>
>>63213021
No mega64 joker voice is the new college humor batman voice
>>
>>63213043
HE ISSSSSSS

UUUUUUGGGHHHH
>>
>>63212714

this is literally reddit in a nutshell.
he moves his hands during a conversation. JEDI MIND TRICKS EVERYONE!
>>
>>63213001
it was a mistake, i was supposed to paste another link, but this keyboard is crap and sometimes i have to mash the ctrl
>>
>>63213061
there are plenty of big movies with poor dubbing what are talking about?

cant wait til the 18th comes so redditors quit spamming this
>>
>ywn watch a KotOR or KotOR 2 movie
>>
>>63213057
i just found out about, i couldn't be bothered to go into archive

i'm literally shaking and laughing
>>
aahh damn it

>>63099650

>>63049787

yeah, i always find out too late about the awesome shit

FUCK

ok fuckboys, thread is kill, it's been fun
>>
>>63213079
What's Mega 64
>>
>>63213158
........ dude forreal now?

https://www.youtube.com/user/RoccoB64
>>
File: bait as well.png (150 KB, 625x626) Image search: [Google]
bait as well.png
150 KB, 625x626
>>63212714
>but it holds up exceptionally well, because it's the truth
Jarjar is nothing like the Mule.
>>
Prime example of seeing what you want to believe. You can take any character in the movie and look for a 2 second scene where someone waves his hands "mindcontroling". The drunken master fighting style is fucking laughable, how could anyone think that is intended. And about the lips, people who made the CGI of Jar Jar Binks try to make him look real so any moment where he just stands still doesn't look convincing, look at any CGI character in the movie and you will see the same

Also the jump doesn't make any sense if he is hiding his true power. And why would he do the stupid Jar Jar Binks things while no one is looking? Why would a Sith Lord step in poo and make an abnoxius noise while no one is looking? The list goes on. You think too highly of a man who created fucking ewoks.

Also, let's say he is a hidden Sith Lord and we see him in Force Awakens. How would JJ explain it? Put the link of the reddit theory in the movie? You can't explain it so the average viewer says "ooh yeah right now it< all makes sense"
>>
>>63213295

no he isn't, but he certainly can't be that lucky and that good of a spokesman to convince everyone to give power to that old freak.

it doesn't make sense
>>
File: 1413048620655.jpg (7 KB, 246x250) Image search: [Google]
1413048620655.jpg
7 KB, 246x250
I have a friend who liked the prequels because he likes political drama

what do?
>>
>>63213309

you're right, but still the cgi is too on spot with the words.

But what if, he was actually the main villain lucas wanted to make??

"Jar Jar is the KEY"
>>
>>63213348
oh boy, every time i rewatch his teardown of the prequels mike always makes me feel good
>>
>>63213392

are you suggesting I show him the plinkett videos?
>>
I think there's a decent chance this was Lucas' intention with Jar Jar. For whatever else the prequels are, they are intensely intertextual works that thematically mirror the original trilogy in so many ways, and Jar Jar as an evil Yoda analogue makes lots of sense.

But if anyone thinks JJ and Disney are going to run with this, they're out of their fucking minds. If the antipathy for Jar Jar was so great that George Lucas, the supposed architect of this theory, changed his plans for him, then why the fuck would a multi-billion dollar company most interested in putting out a universal crowd-pleaser incorporate them?
>>
>>63213348
>because he likes political drama

Sounds like you are friends with a literal retard.
>>
>>63213408

yeah

you have to force him to watch all of them like in a clockwork orange, he will come around
>>
>>63213447

He also has no problem with child actor anakin
and tried to tell me I had to admit the lightsaber fights in the prequels were better
>>
>>63213124
>i'm literally shaking and laughing

why? is something wrong with you

>>63213411
no it still makes no sense
besides we can speculate all we want if han solo was originally a fishman but if they changed the idea who cares?
>>
>>63213366
if Lucas wanted to make him the Sith Lord in episode 2 or 3 he would do it. If anyone supposedly made so much effort in making a character hide his powers why would he ditch the idea in 2 and 3? Because people didn't like Jar Jar? That's more of a reason to actually do it than ditching it. And to do that kind of a character there are thousand more logic ways to do it than those smallest CGI moves

Lucas obviously doesn't care what the fans want, he made the prequels exactly how he wanted them to look like, He didn't have total control in the original trilogy, the prequels are his "true vision" of Star Wars.
>>
Is there literally ANYTHING in episode one which implies or foreshadows in any way that jar jar is evil?
>>
What the fuck - that's awesome. I want that to be true.

Lucas was going to get shit no matter what he did - I wish I could go back and tell him to stick to the JarJar idea.
>>
File: 1431226262579.jpg (46 KB, 599x479) Image search: [Google]
1431226262579.jpg
46 KB, 599x479
>>63212714
The worst fan theory in years, up there with shit like finding the Triforce in Ocarina of Time.
>>
>>63213018
fuck off
>>
Why are almost all of these "TOP 20 CRAZY COOL FAN THEORIES" always just the result of neckbeards trying to make up excuses for why their cannon of choice 'totally isn't shit guise, it's stylistically designed to be that way!'?

It's really fucking sad.
>>
>>63212714

I'm not giving that attention whore a view, can someone summarise the theory?
>>
it all sounds like those "it was all a dream" shit theories kek
>>
File: image.jpg (40 KB, 250x272) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
40 KB, 250x272
>>63212781
>Just found out and im blown away
>>
Sure am glad I grew the fuck up and stopped caring about Star Wars when I was 14
>>
File: Danganronpa2Nagito.jpg (164 KB, 960x544) Image search: [Google]
Danganronpa2Nagito.jpg
164 KB, 960x544
If this is true it means the fans ruined the prequels.
>>
>>63213660
its just a redditor being autistic you're not missing anything
>>
File: image.jpg (22 KB, 468x261) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
22 KB, 468x261
If they make Jar Jar the main villain, they will because people joked about it.

Never in a million years can they claim it was planned since phantom menance, you may as well say it was qui gon
>>
>>63213793
Yeah because nothing else about the prequels is bad right?

this couldve changed how people even thought of jarjar

the whole theory is jus stupid
>>
>>63213856

No way, the reveal would have been the ultimate mind fuck. Like the Sixth Sense - no one cares about the movie, they only remember the twist.

Jar Jar would be an early meme. EVIL JAR JAR and JAR JAR THE PIMP t-shirts.
>>
>>63213831
You mean Jedi master Booze?
>>
Before being rewritten as comic relief, Jar Jar was a mercenary who ultimately betrays Qui-Gon Jinn.

This is true - it can't be refuted and it gives a LOT of weight to this theory.
>>
disney is really reaching with the marketing astroturf arent they? big controversy here.
>>
The only people that believe this are people that desperately want the prequels to be good.
>>
>>63213898

Are you implying the only thing people remember about empire is that darth vader is luke's father?
>>
File: TinfoilxMEGA.gif (22 KB, 756x829) Image search: [Google]
TinfoilxMEGA.gif
22 KB, 756x829
>>63214486
>This is true - it can't be refuted

sigh... it's 100% refuted by the next few films shitting all over the entire theory. To over look that is as bad a those glory days guys who sit around bars acting like they should of and could of been pro athletes "if only I had............". Yeah well whatever but bottom line, you're not a pro. Go ahead and lay out the ground work how A,B and C all lead to pro. I mean NOTHING at all can "refuted" that that outside of the harsh and simple fact that you're looking at a person who is not a pro athlete and never will

and while fun to bat around as a theory for a few days it's NO where near interesting enough to merit being re-re-re-reposted this much. It's just shilling for video hits at this point.
>>
>>63214486
Source?
>rewrites
>>
>/tv/ - Television and Reddit posts from 8 hours ago
>>
>>63214911
buuuuuut my made up fake universe ..............
>>
>literal plot holes and terrible characterisation

>hurr he was sith all along

when lucas said jar jar is key to all this he meant carrying children through the boring political arch of the prequels
>>
>>63212996
>Palpatine did not want Padme on Coruscant, because she couldn't be easily manipulated. Jar Jar is easily manipulated, and is Padme's de-facto stand in
this blows the whole fan theory away

fuck off back to reddit
>>
>>63212996
>is greedo a fucking sith lord too? did he manipulate han into shooting first?

i think youre onto somthing here. if you look at the scene greedo clearly moves his green antenna. and then han shoots.
>>
>>63215430
OR he wanted jar jar there because jar jaw made him want jar jar to be there so that jar jar could manipulate the senate into giving the chancellor emergency powers so he could take over.

you see? it works.

also, greedo shot first.
>>
The theory is bullshit because in order for you to accept it, you also have to accept that George Lucas is clever enough to come up with the idea. And he's just not.
>>
>>63215373
and toys.

he knew he could never recapture the magic of star wars , nobody could. jar ar was the callback to the days of being a kid. the whole pod racfe, the whole little ani, the whole thing. it was trying desperately to tap into the child like minds of the youth who made star wars what it was by vicarisouly releiving it.

but.....jar jar was the true sith, because he is the reason the whole thing failed. and greedo shot first.
>>
>>63215587
anyone can be clever in retrospect right? but it takes real thought and planning to put a plot like that togther and then he had complete creative control. so he would have pusshed the whole surprise sith lord to the conclusion. he just wanted a fun an zanny whacky character for the kids.
>>
>>63213624
yousa so mad,let s be friends
>>
>>63213741
why did you post then?

your opinion is worthless just as mine so yeah, you are the one at fault here
>>
File: 1448392803213.png (377 KB, 1280x800) Image search: [Google]
1448392803213.png
377 KB, 1280x800
OPfag here
holy shit guys you're still posting in the thread??

i went out for some groceries.
>>
>>63213501
no just the thought of him being the most evil fucking creature in the galaxy makes me laugh, the shaking is from the laughter, i have a very loud laugh
>>
>>63213528
???
> Because people didn't like Jar Jar? That's more of a reason to actually do it than ditching it.

What??

After the first episode the fans were so pissed that, if the big reveal was him vs yoda , if jar jar was the main antagonist people would have not accepted that at all, so i think he had to change all the storyline to make it "fit" nobody would have accepted that, and the star wars franchise would have gone to shreds, (it certainly went down south) but it would have been worse if the villain was jar jar, that's why the entire trilogy feels rushed and not thought out, he had to change everything at the last moment
>>
>>63213765
good for you, here have a cup of nobody cares
>>
It's too bad this theory never was implemented. Yes it's a lifted plot from Foundation but so is a lot of Star Wars. I do think Lucas did originally plan it this way, it'd be the mirror of the big vader is lukes father twist.
>>
>>63215373

oh wow, who the hell thought kids would love him???
>>
>>63215587
But he didn't come up with it, Asimov did.
>>
>JarJar lived his entire life under the surface, giving him the High Ground over the entire galaxy from a certain point of view
>he screams and spins when jumping
>gungans think he is the traitor
>he is literally The Senate

Guys, it's extremely obvious. He was destined to be the greatest force user that ever lived.
>>
the video points out the scene about the bigger fish, and how jar jar faints and they are magically saved by the big fish that eats the one chasing him, the video states and i agree it's bullshit that the eyes of the fish have the same glow as jar's eyes, and yeah that's idiotic, but he faints right before that action and that's what makes it weird, it has to have something to do with him, it has too
>>
>>63217181
sci fi movies and tv shows rarely get torn to shreds. All of them are money makers. The only odd ball of the sci fi realm that this doesnt apply to is the terminator franchise. They have fucked that series up so many times that its damaged almost beyond repair and it will take decades to repair the damage that has been done to it for it even to come close to the size it once was.
>>
>>63217378
> jar jar faints and they are magically saved

Its almost like a script was written with the way these events unfolded
>>
>>63213408
You have to. People need to realize that Revenge is barely passable, Menace is utter garbage, and Clones is one of the worst films ever made seriously.

Also, it'll get people to stop the "prequels had cool lightsaber dools original trilogy ones were le boring xd" meme, which has frankly gone on long enough.
>>
>>63217852
yea but just cause you dont like the fact that the light saber battles in the prequels where better than the original dont make it not true. You know it I know Obama knows it Even your faggot grandfather knew it.
>>
Than what happened to Jar Jar in the OT? Did he just go on his way to go so splash around in a swamp?
>>
>>63217930
haha epin muh dool of teh f8s lmoa

>>63217974
chessmastering the rebel alliance into existence because palpatine had grown complacent.
>>
>>63217930
underage: the post
>>
>>63217974

This is also bugging me a bit, but maybe the overarching plan was to kill him off in EP 3 or force him into hiding.
>>
Maybe Jar Jar was a Yuuzaaaaaaaah Vwang all along?
>>
>>63217208
up vote
>>
>>63218030
nope im in my 30s and i was never a big star wars fan. I also liked the prequels over the originals since day one. Not even trying to be edgy or anythings. I just think they are better films and have always thought that. Before you go ahead and disagree like everyone else does just accept the fact that some people drink pepsi and you suck cocks. You know opinions man.
>>
>>63218862
>just my le subjektiv opinions :^DDDDDD

haha wow how does it feel to have objectively poor tastes? The Prequels are of lower quality than the originals, there's literally no denying that.
>>
>>63218862
you like the prequels better? how come though? not the same guy, just legit fascinated
>>
>>63218979
i dunno man i Just did. I though the originals were just meh. Just watching them i could see a lot of pull in different directions about the direction the films where going. The prequels just seem like a more fleshed out idea with bad acting. But I like to think that it wasnt bad acting and was actually an "accent" that the people on that planet have.

>>63218962
Well I also dont like coffee or nutella . Those things seem to be universally loved yet I dont like either. So im not denying that you believe they are shit films you are just denying that I happen to like them better than the original and you cant stand that.
>>
The video doesn't even point out Jar Jars clumsiness is mirrored side by side with Anakins which by that point had been established to be force led. You know, the whole do a barrel roll that's a good trick and accidentally blowing up the Droid Station.
>>
>>63219279
You're confusing "I like this thing" with "this thing is good". Not entirely your fault, modern culture has retarded;y conflated the two because people can't handle admitting they may have flawed taste.

You're totally free to like or enjoy the Prequels more than the originals, but that doesn't mean they're good. They're objectively bad. And that's fine. I like some fairly shit things, too. We all do. No one's taste is 100% refined.
>>
>>63219530
lol taste is relative. It doesnt matter what everyone else thinks is bad.
>>
>>63213043

What? What table?

Is there a picture?
>>
>>63219960
>this is what plebs actually believe
quality isn't subjective.

Macaroni art I made as a kid is of lower quality than the Cistine Chapel. The prequels are of lower quality than the originals. This is an irrefutable fact.

Again, like whatever you want, more power to you. But don't pretend it's actually good.
>>
>>63220105
Says who exactly? You? Society? Or could it be more of a personal level of what is considered good and bad in terms of art. Some can say your taste is bad or tacky while I can say the same about certain films and be 100% serious (pulp fiction really is overrated).
>>
>>63220294
Okay, tell me what's apparently good about the prequels, since quality is subjective now I guess.

You're as bad as those "artists" who insist their literal piles of refuse are masterpieces because "art is subjective :DDDDD".
>>
>redditors defending a shit character in a shit trilogy
>>
>>63220294
AHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
>>
>>63215559
Han shot first.
>>
>>63217074
You're as new fag as new fag gets.
I normally hate people who say this, but please, take your stench back to reddit.
>>
I honestly think it's plausible Lucas would have done this before the backlash from star wars nerds

at the very least jar jar could have been corrupted by sheev or something.

Nobody found it weird that Jar Jar was essentially thrown into the trash after ep 1? Lucas was clearly intending for the character to continue forward
>>
>>63220435
everything wrong with the prequels is also present in the sequels

also c3po is worse than jar jar and far more annoying
>>
>>63220537

Han shot, only.
>>
>>63212714
HOLY FUCK I'M SO TIRED OF THIS SHIT MEME IT'S EVERYWHERE I GO PLEASE DIE ALREADY
>>
>>63212714
>a month old

It is much older.
>>
>>63220435
lol and you are right. In their mind they really think its a master piece. While you or I could think its a piece of shit and the whole world could think its a piece of shit but to him its still a masterpiece.

What I liked about the prequels is how much bigger they made the star wars universe. I was never a huge fan so i never played any of the video games or read any of the books. It just seem like a SPACE opera instead of a space opera. Just felt bigger than the original with the scale of everything. A lot of that has to do with the tech of the times. So I get that. Also the Obi Wan origin was pretty dope to see. Cause in teh original he was just some old dude to me. These show truely how powerful he was.
>>
>>63220921
>over-reliance on cgi that is rarely believable
>boring, weightless lightsaber duels
>ridiculous, over-the-top action
>unlikeable or hollow main characters
>unnecessarily convoluted plot
>literally no protagonist in menace, and barely one in other two
>vague, undefined prophecy
>shitting on the source material for the lulz
>present in the originals

yeah sure okay. please go watch the plinkett videos, they should start you down the right path.

>>63221185
>but to him its still a masterpiece
literally what. What does a masterpiece even mean if it's totally subjective? Why do we have critics and judges of art and culture if it's all just subjective opinions? People who espouse the "art is completely subjective" meme are almost unilaterally doing so because they can't defend their shit opinions.

>how much bigger they made the star wars universe
Like you said, the other EU material already did that, and better. Plus, half the specific details of the universe added are literal shit. Does the presence of Dexter "Pocketbooks" Jetster better inform you on Luke's journey to enlightenment? Do vague galactic politics add to the deceptively dualistic nature of the Force and how that informs the actions of millions?

>just some old dude to me. These show truely how powerful he was
Power in the Force wasn't meant to be about how many big rocks you could throw around or how fast you could swing a lightsaber. Yoda and Palpatine didn't even have lightsabers, Palpatine even seemed to look down on them. Power came from understanding. The Emperor thought he understood the Force, and one might think he did, with the lightning and all. But Vader, broken as he was, beat him when he came back to the Light and accepted peace and good. Obi-wan was more powerful after being killed than he ever was in the Prequels.

The main issue with the prequels is that, judging them by the rules set up in the originals, none of the character's actions make any sense.
>>
>>63212781
>i just found out, and i'm blown away.
You are just a retard. Lucas is neither that smart or subtle to pull that.

Didnt hit you the highly likely possibility that this wacky stuff with Jar jar Binks is just bad writing and direction in a movie that is known for bad writing and direction?

The movie is shit. Terrible writing. Terrible choreography. Terrible direction. Terrible everything. This Jar Jar Binks thing has no deeper meaning other than just the terrible job of a hack.

>>63212839
BAAAADDD WRITINGGGGGGGGG
YOU COULD LITERALLY FIND BAD WRITING AND PLOT INCOHERENCES IN EVERY FUCKING CHARACTER IN THE PHANTOM MENACE.
>>
>>63221560
What does a masterpiece even mean if it's totally subjective? Why do we have critics and judges of art and culture if it's all just subjective opinions? People who espouse the "art is completely subjective" meme are almost unilaterally doing so because they can't defend their shit opinions.

I do not disregard how audiences are likely to react. I take their opinions into account and then disagree with them if they are wrong.

Your approach seems to involve taking people's opinions into account and, if you disagree with them, blaming the film for being wrong - having had a 'bad impact' on their thoughts.
>>
>>63221729
Ah, that was supposed to be a greentext. Let's try that again.

>What does a masterpiece even mean if it's totally subjective, etc.

I do not disregard how audiences are likely to react. I take their opinions into account and then disagree with them if they are wrong.

Your 'holistic' approach seems to involve taking people's opinions into account and, if you disagree with them, blaming the film film for being wrong - having had a 'bad impact' on their thoughts.
>>
>>63221774
Audience reaction have literally no bearing on whether a film is of quality or not. There are plenty of quality films I personally don't care for, I just don't try to say their quality is subjective because my tastes are shit.
>>
>>63221825
What is "shit"?
>>
>>63212714
You fucking idiots, Watch the video on Youtube and if your not 100% convinced afterwards, your fucking dumb.

Clearly, this was lucas intent, but then they changed it.
Jesus. More then enough evidence.
>>
>>63212714
Snoke means fish in Dutch.
Vader means father in Dutch.

The name of the other great reveal.
Clearly lucas wanted to have Another great reveal in his pt, that was supposed to "mirror" the ot.

However, using the exact same trick again would be stupid.

So he tricked everyone by making everyone Think the "reveal" was palpatine which everyone already knew. Only, to later shock the shit out of everyone with jar jar.

Causing an equal if not greater reveal then the ot. Fucking plebs.
This is a snoke

https://www.google.se/search?q=snoke&biw=1680&bih=955&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiStvrXp7vJAhWBmSwKHRnGApEQ_AUIBigB#tbm=isch&q=snoke+fish&imgrc=C-v4EnaeXlLaNM%3A

Hmm, what other aquatic creature does this fish remind you of?

He really should of stuck with it. All the hate for jar jar would of gone away.
>>
>>63221560
Why do we have critics and judges of art and culture if it's all just subjective opinions?

because people want to feel entitled. People have literately bought paintings that some one shitted paint out their asshole and people hold it in high regards.
>>
>>63222017
Jar-Jar is an amphbian, not any kind of fish.
>>
>>63217378
What, you Think he used some sort of never Before seen force mind transfer onto some giant fish, to save them?

Pretty cool theory, thumbs up.
>>
Remember to sage retard threads
>>
>>63222017
>He really should of stuck with it. All the hate for jar jar would of gone away
I actually agree with this. I don't think that was necessarily his plan, but things would've been more entertaining if it was. Certainly couldn't have been any worse.
>>
>>63222041
Thanks for proving my Point in a technically slightly different way.

>>63222281

Yeah, it would of made the pt much better. Also, explained a lot.

Could not of been worse.
>>
Some salty ass summer tv in here.

Watched video, it's pretty convincing. The jumps are stupid, diff species can do different things. But how to explain lip syncing and the whole senate scenes?

Even the actor hinted at more things for jar jar. OP musts wants to discuss and you shit all over him with reddit slurs. Almost everyone browses reddit here, grow the fuck up.

I'm an oldfag who has been here since 2007. I saw episode one when it came out. The hype was far greater than it is for 7. At the time the hate was so bad it forced (no pun intended) Lucas to write Jar Jar into the background in 2 and 3.
>>
>>63212839
>the jump i can't explain,
He's a weird frog creature. Not that fucking hard.

>"b-b-but he jumped down on the other side of that arch thingy"
Shit editing/directing.

Not saying he's definitely not a sith, and some parts hold up, but not because of this shit.
>>
>>63222407
>Almost everyone browses reddit here, grow the fuck up
speak for yourself, friend.
>>
File: 1416663264054.jpg (8 KB, 217x233) Image search: [Google]
1416663264054.jpg
8 KB, 217x233
>>63212714
kek this theory is the stupidest shit i ever heard
>>
>>63223928
It's mostly a joke with a little uncanny evidence to support it. I'm surprised some people here are praising or deriding it seriously.
>>
>>63213018
Oh buddy dum de hur dur diddle me have bad new fo you
>>
>>63212714
>reddit
Nah I already seen this a while back and has a point, I hope its true for the sake of the prequels
>>
>>63212714
Missed it by thaaaaaaat much.

R2D2 contains the consciousness of a certain sith lord.

Yfw you realize Sheev was only ever a padawan.
>>
>>63222407
>(no pun intended)
that alone shows that you are reddit cancer and need to leave
Thread replies: 148
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.