[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
I watched The Phantom Menace the other day and it still sucks.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5
File: Palp_trustme.jpg (180 KB, 1529x1200) Image search: [Google]
Palp_trustme.jpg
180 KB, 1529x1200
I watched The Phantom Menace the other day and it still sucks.

But the Star Wars Prequels did give us some pretty good things.

>Darth Maul.
>Sheev.
>THEN IT IS TREASON RARWSGSDKFGNFSDKGN!
>Ship design is fairly good.
>Jedi fghts are over the top and silly but mostly a lot of fun.

Say something nice about the prequels! Or Sheev will jump out of your closet and melt your face!
>>
The plinkett reviews are the only good things to come out of the prequels.
>>
>>63212502
>Say something nice about the prequels!

They spawned the RLM prequel reviews.
>>
>>63212502
I was only 10 years old when episode 3 was first released. I thought it was great and remembered getting really sad at the order 66 scene.
>>
>>63212502
they've pretty much established the sw extended universe
original trilogy had no technological means to show us the living Galaxy with all these crazy places and creatures
every single piece of content related with prequels that wasn't the prequels (clone wars, comics, vidya) was better but the prequels established the setting
>>
The most tender love scene ever on film.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUQDm1XEnyE
>>
>>63212608
>thinking I'll click that
Cool virus bro
>>
>>63212502
the prequels as we know them are wrong

Lucas ran like a faggot in fear of the fan base

JAR JAR IS THE SITH LORD the central character in all the movies, he should have fought YODA

HE IS THE KEY

JAR JAR IS THE KEY i'm not even joking

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8yy3q9f84EA
>>
>>63212634
It's youtube you fucking idiot.
>>
>>63212649
Whatever faggot i'm not clicking it
>>
>Darth Maul
>pretty good

literally 2 lines and a mediocre fight scene, still better than Bobba Fett fanboys, though.
>>
>>63212641
Stfu
>>
File: giphy.gif (2 MB, 500x546) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2 MB, 500x546
>>63212641
>he should have fought YODA
Wars make not one great!
>>
Prequels has it's unique comfy charm. Not like the originals but still nice to have on in the background.

The new star wars is going to be all action, shaky cams and splosions so it won't be comfy at all.
>>
>>63212641
go back to reddit
>>
>>63212502
I hope you are kidding.

>Darth Maul

Useless character.

>Palpatine

His moves where unlogical.

>It is treason then

only one good thing

>ship design
What kind of ship please? None of them are even close to x wings or a wings.

>Jedi fghts are over the top and silly but mostly a lot of fun.

Why? I can't get this. Everyone is saying for example, that maybe prequels are shit, but the obi anakin fight was awesome.
Why?
It was fucking boring, they are hitting each other and none of them can win. During the fight why the hell did they need to advance to fight on a pipe? Or to fight on ropes?
When I saw it was the same cancer as anakin talking with padme about blnding love.

And after that Obiwan gets the higher ground....

None of the lightsabers fights are so emotional like in the old trilogy.
>>
>>63213023
The fights in the oroginal are pure, unaltered shit so anything would look better comapred to those, personally I think the prequel fights are entertaining.
>>
File: 1431544808479.png (1 MB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
1431544808479.png
1 MB, 1920x816
>>63212502
>Ship design is fairly good.
I liked these things
>>
>>63213023
The DM vs QGJ fight is the only part of the Sheev Menace that felt like a Star Wars movie.
>>
Prequel reboot when
>>
>>63212502
The PS2 game was pretty fun and the only thing that, outside of the boss fights, felt like your lightsaber was a lightsaber that cut through stuff instead of the beatstick it is in other games.
>>
I didn't have much of a problem with them. People would bitch about them regardless
>>
>>63213111

Why do you love Hitler?
>>
>>63212502
>Say something nice about the prequels!
I liked them as a kid. Obviously the originals were cooler, even back then but still, I got new Star Wars movies. I was fencing at the time so we used to try and recreate the fights and shit like that. The movies may be stupid looking at them as an adult but George sure knows how to sell shit.
>>
>>63213051
I bet it sucks if you live near the hanger bay and get called into the middle of the donut for a meeting.
>>
>>63213261
Why would a droid be called into the Donut for a meeting.
>>
File: 2052649.jpg.jpg (159 KB, 880x1846) Image search: [Google]
2052649.jpg.jpg
159 KB, 880x1846
>C3PO had a silver leg.

BERENSTAIN BEARS ALL OVER AGAIN
>>
File: 1446485133488_ep_1.webm (2 MB, 854x480) Image search: [Google]
1446485133488_ep_1.webm
2 MB, 854x480
I like the Maul vs Qui Gon and Obi Wan fight. It was like a slap in the face "so this is a fight in the time of the Jedi". It was very impressive. Like watching a Star Wars equivalent of a fight in the Matrix.

And Obi Wan being forced to watch Qui Gon die, helpless because of the weird-ass laser walls was a neat gimmick. I don't think this fight was as lacking in emotion as Plinkett really claims.

The problem though, was that with each consecutive fight in the following films, all the spinning and the flipping got less and less interesting to watch. The fight against Dooku in Episode II certainly was lacking in emotion.
>>
>>63213554
Why didn't Obi-wan just use Force Speed?
>>
>>63213049
>>63213055
>>63213554
https://youtu.be/nD-hdE8PLjo?t=50s
>>
>>63212502
3 almost works as a "so bad it's good movie". Firstly for based Sheev, where the actor knew exactly what kind of movie this was and acted accordingly. Also because of how quickly the series goes from Jar Jar poop humor to the main protagonist (?) going on a killing spree in a kindergarten and then being slowly tortured to death.
>>
>>63212641
They should a gritty netflix political drama with Jar Jar on coruscant. He could even get knifed by a hooker in one episode.
>>
>>63213612
The movie isn't a videogame.
>>
Only good (great) things in the prequels is the soundtrack and sound design. That's it
>>
>>63213759
But they used it at the begining of the movie.
>>
Why the fuck is everyon raving about Darth Maul? He was literally one of the blandest villains in history of cinema. He also looked like a total retard with that bodypaind and horns.
>>
>>63212608
>posted 3 years ago
>100 views

hmmm
>>
The different worlds and planets had some pretty cool designs.
>>
>>63213759
They used it when they first met the rolling droids.
>>
>>63213839
"Used it" as if it is one of their powers off cooldown (tm)
Thread replies: 40
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.