[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What does /tv/ think of this movie?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3
File: Requiem_for_a_dream.jpg (24 KB, 220x328) Image search: [Google]
Requiem_for_a_dream.jpg
24 KB, 220x328
What does /tv/ think of this movie?
>>
shit
>>
a good movie that quickly became overrated/reddit. see: fight club
>>
Depressing
>>
>>63208595
>>63208613
both accurate

also, inb4 someone brings up Satoshi Kon
>>
A decent depiction of addiction
>>
comfy
>>
>>63208595
This

Still one of my favourite movies, not very depressing if you take it as it is: comparable to addictions/influences in your own life - though as a stand alone film it is pretty depressing.

Too many fags and hipsters spout the name in their favourite films list without ever really seeing or contemplating it.
>>
Pretty heavy-handed. There were scenes and moments I really liked, but by the end I couldn't take it seriously anymore.
>>
I keep forgetting if I've seen it or if I just know it through osmosis.
>>
ASS
>>
Overly dramatic but it gets its point across. Watching the mom become addicted to pills and TV makes me sad.
>>
TO
>>
That ass to ass scene was pretty intense.
>>
You're supposed to feel sorry for these characters but I don't feel sorry for any of them. Movie just made me hate addicts and shitheads even more
>>
DUDE DRUGS LMAO
>>
ASS
>>
Watched it years ago, I liked how it created a spiral into insanity of sorts, in the scene where his arm is proper fucked is that in jail?
>>
>>63208739
Something tells me you never been an addict, and probably never done drugs either.
>>
>>63208847
would say that's fairly obvious from his post, I think most people haven't/ will never do drugs.
>>
>>63208874
Good for them, it's addicting as shit. Ruins your life and family close to you too.
>>
I thought it was so over the top that it was hilarious, like "Reefer Madness." Maybe because I don't have an addictive personality. I laughed.
>>
>>63208569
It's really campy and over-the-top and as a result, it fails as the art film it's trying to be.
>>
>>63208847
Um... if that's the conclusion you draw from that opinion you're the biggest autist in the world. Why would a chip on the shoulder exist unless there was fanily addiction and severe personal addiction
>>
>>63208628
JUICE to you buddy
>>
Were all here for ASS TO ASS webm. someone post it so we can get on with our lives.
>>
isn't this movie how she got into piss play?
>>
Check the labrynth board right now. Someone already posted it there
>>
>>63208674
>Pretty heavy-handed

So what?

Do you want them to portray drug addiction with more subtlety?
>>
EHS TA EHS
>>
>>63209039
>Over the top

Yeah, heroin addicts prostituting themselves, ending up in jail, stealing from their families, etc that's so unrealistic.
>>
>>63209518
ASS TO ASS
>>
EHSS
>>
>>63208569
Not the best choice of film when you and your mother are going to watch some random movie off of Netflix.
>>
File: Jennifer Connelly.webm (3 MB, 1280x696) Image search: [Google]
Jennifer Connelly.webm
3 MB, 1280x696
Pretty depressing but good film.

Was nice to see my childhood love Jennifer Connelly full frontal at least.
>>
File: White_chicks.jpg (38 KB, 299x444) Image search: [Google]
White_chicks.jpg
38 KB, 299x444
>>63208569
I preferred the sequel.
>>
One of my favorite films.
Pretty rough watch though, wouldn't want to accompany it with depression or alcohol or anything
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.