[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Someone tell me what is good about this movie, I have yet to
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: O_brother_where_art_thou_ver1.jpg (32 KB, 290x425) Image search: [Google]
O_brother_where_art_thou_ver1.jpg
32 KB, 290x425
Someone tell me what is good about this movie, I have yet to sit through the whole thing without just hating it and thinking it was horrible. the only movie that was worse for me was "what dreams may come". Tell me why I'm wrong!
>>
>>63207780

I prefer dapper dan
>>
It means you're a pleb
>>
Maybe you're not quick enough for the whit in this movie. The soundtrack is pretty good. The acting is great. What's not to like?
>>
File: 1434288540593.png (99 KB, 340x340) Image search: [Google]
1434288540593.png
99 KB, 340x340
>having shit taste and flaunting it out in the open with gay abandon
>>
>>63207835
The wit? Was like a terrible episode of TBBT! Our Mike and Molly. It's not that. I actually loved burn after reading. It's not that.
>>
>>63207878
Go home reddit. I'm sure they miss your jim halpert charm over there
>>
It just means you can't appreciate classical narratives from before you were a glint in the eye of the man who raped your mother

Stick with Le Bazinga Theory, that's more your speed
>>
>>63208048
You can't read, so at least I have that on you.
>>
>>63207780
>I have yet to sit through the whole thing without just hating it and thinking it was horrible
Well, if you don't like it, I guess you don't like it, and that's okay.

There's an innocence to the film that doesn't exist in modern film. It was comedic without having to resort to toilet humor or ridiculing some minority and for the characters who were stupid we are not given reason to laugh at their ignorance like they were less than human, the butt of almost all comedy today is that those we laugh at are lesser than us - in this story everyone is very human.

It was a story of a journey and we just don't get many of those anymore. And the ones we do get tend to be of the violent sort. The 3:10 to Yuma remake is a wonderful journey story. The thing about a journey story is that it takes an incredible amount of thinking to accomplish because you are constantly introducing a ridiculously huge cast of characters that show up, make an impact, and have to disappear.

I guess it's just all around charming. And that's without considering the literary parallels and the expression of life during the depression.
>>
>>63208119
I guess I just don't care about any of the characters. I have always liked the coen bros, I just didn't get this one I guess. Thanks for genuine critique
>>
That baptism/prayer scene at the lake reminded me of bioshock infinite

Also coen brothers are anti white
>>
>>63208216
It's funny because I don't like any of the Coen Brothers' films except for this one.

The Coen Brothers are exceptional in their portrayal of humanity and this is true in all their films. And it is for this reason that I dislike their films because they remind me of how much I hate people, I feel disgust at all their characters and I'm completely not interested in watching a film about these sorts of people. Big Lebowski has fantastic characters but I really don't like the movie.

Most Coen Brothers films to me are like a trainwreck that amplifies in destruction as the film goes on. It's funny don't get me wrong but it isn't to me, it's just depressing. Watching the botched spreading of the ashes at the end of Lebowski was a pinnacle of wretchedness that I wish I hadn't seen. O Brother is different. The setting makes me more forgiving of the little evils that the characters possess. It's like the times are far away when we were all a bit dumber and it has so many moments where we are reminded that even though this time is objectively more shitty than any setting today: racism, economic depression, exploitation, and so forth, we are still shown some very beautiful things even if it's just a bunch of guys sitting around a fire eating.
>>
>>63208644
I'm a pessimistic person. I like weird comedy, I get exactly what you're saying I just don't ever laugh at it. Thanks for the honest opinion
>>
>>63207780
the music
>>
>>63207819
this desu
>>
>>63207780
I really liked What Dreams May Come. Should I watch this movie?
>>
>>63210007
Of coursh! It would be very painful... for you
>>
>>63207780
ur a turbo pleb m8
>>
>>63210033
That's turbo man to you sir! Cuz it's turbo time!
>>
>>63207780
>Someone tell me what is good about this movie

/tv/ in a nutshell.
>>
>>63207780
I loved it when it came out, but it does seem worse and worse as time goes on

it's slick and cheesy, but not in an overpowering way. so it seemed classy and quality when it came out. still, as time goes on I notice more about how it really is and it pisses me off more and more.

it really seemed good back in the day
>>
>>63208644
nicely stated point of view m8
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.