[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: We discuss George Lucas career outside Star Wars. I�
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2
File: latest[1].jpg (2 MB, 1333x2000) Image search: [Google]
latest[1].jpg
2 MB, 1333x2000
ITT: We discuss George Lucas career outside Star Wars.

I'll start:
Sci fi movie with Robert Duvall starring:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4hLXOVCZr-8
>>
American Graffiti is excellent.
>>
>>63206627
>>63206819
...aaand it's done
>>
>>63206838
He had some creative input on the good Indie movies.
>>
>he didnĀ“t even direccted star wars 5 and 6
>>
Nice thread lads, good job.
>>
>>63206627
he always wanted to make experimental films, then star wars came along and he's been miserable ever since so i'd say let the man make his experimental films, i'd watch them, the films will probably be shit tho
>>
>>63206941
He's never made experimental films.

He did some typical student film bullshit and then THX-1138 and American Graffiti.

One was a predictable and derivative 60's sci fi.

The other was a teen movie about cars and girls.
>>
>>63206941
He can go cry into a big bag of money. Also, he has no intention of stopping his film career.
>>
>>63206941
Every director starts out making "experimental indie" films. It's just because they don't have the money and resources to actually make a normal movie.
>>
>>63207136
Wasn't American Graffiti inspiration for that type of movie, though? I know it inspired Happy Days.
>>
File: 4GoTosO.jpg (85 KB, 500x661) Image search: [Google]
4GoTosO.jpg
85 KB, 500x661
Ol' Fatneck has been saying "I'm gonna make experimental films now" since ROTS was released. Ten years later, he's still done nothing (yet still keeps yapping about he's gonna make films "no one will see").
>>
>>63207215
true, but if he somehow could merge the style of THX and a decent star wars-like plot, with less opera and more sci fi (which he'll never do), he would finally realize his full vision
>>
>>63207267
15 years is the aging period required for people to become nostalgic about yesteryear's youth subculture.

Grease. Happy days. American Graffiti. He was one of the earlier ones, yeah. But there were plenty of others.
>>
>>63207267
Yep.
Thank Lucas for the likes of Can't Hardly Wait, and Dazed and Confused. Same shit, different gens.
>>
>>63206941

Sad that he's so out of practice at this point.

The artist inside him is a shadow of it's former self. He's a full fledged business man now.
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.