[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
is he right about screen size? why is a 24" monitor not
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: img-david-lynch-01-_184117216071.jpg (457 KB, 1125x1500) Image search: [Google]
img-david-lynch-01-_184117216071.jpg
457 KB, 1125x1500
is he right about screen size? why is a 24" monitor not the same as a theater screen.
>can sit as close as I want
>play it as loud as I want
>alone
>comfy
is he just a bitter cunt?
>>
>why is a 24" monitor not the same as a theater screen

If you seriously think this, you're a moron.
>>
well, gee. maybe the extra 500 odd inches might be a factor?
>>
>>63206153
what part of the experience is lost on a smaller display?
>>
>>63206179
If you have to ask then you're not gonna make it
>>
>>63206207
i have never seen a movie in theater so please change my mind. I ask so I can learn/
>>
VR is the future of theatre :)
>>
He's the cutest man alive
>>
>>63206232
>i have never seen a movie in theater
Seriously? Why don't you go see a movie in theater?
>>
>>63206687
negroes
>>
>>63206134
Depends on context. If you're an the fucking bus watching a movie on a phone you're a cunt. If you're in bed in a dark room with headphones you can have the screen look as big as you want.
>>
>>63206851
i'm from italy late night theaters are sparce here we have matinees like movie in the day but it's usualy when i'm in class. theatre and street performance is more popular here. also we don't get wide release in this country for example "Creed" is not played anywhere here that I know of and also because a lot of movies I am interested in are older I wasn't of the age to see them live, you understand?
>>
>>63206687
>>63206915
>>
>>63206851
Go see a Wes Anderson movie, I guarantee there won't be a single negro in attendance.
>>
>>63206134
Do we really have to explain it to you or have you never actually experienced being in a cinema..
>>
>>63206134
>why is my 4" phone not the same as a 24" monitor
>can sit as close as I want
>play it as loud as I want
>alone
>comfy
>>
>>63206972
No but there will be plenty of faggots.
>>
have you ever read a pdf from the monitor/screen?

well, theres that, and theres reading physical books to.

thats the difference.
>>
>>63207009
Faggots won't shout during the movie though.
>>
>>63206134
How does he pull off that sick hair? Is there anyone else alive who could do it?
>>
>>63206134
I think it's more likely you're the bitter cunt
>>
>>63207031
Of course not, their mouths are full of cock
>>
>>63206915
I understand. The next time a local theater of yours gets a movie that you're interested in go see it. A computer monitor will never compare to the experience of a theater.
>>
>>63206915
Sometimes theaters show old movies for special occasions. Keep an eye on your local theaters, one of them will probably eventually play an old movie that you like.
>>
>>63206915
Here's your problem. Move out of your shithole if a community and go start seeing movies.
>>
>>63206851
Negroes are the best audience for a horror movie or a so bad it's good movie.
>>
File: cuck.gif (785 KB, 245x270) Image search: [Google]
cuck.gif
785 KB, 245x270
>2015
>Watching TV in public

kek
>>
He's 100% right.
>>
>>63206171
Doesn't matter if the movie is scaled in the right aspect ratio you fucking newfag.
>>
>>63207376

This
>>
>>63206232
Youre not missing much. A bunch of loud obnoxious people with cell phones ringing and overpriced junk food. much better to watch it in a home theater with surround sound.
>>
The cinematic experience is ideally engulfing, you are inside the scene.

The computer experience is encapsulated, you can pause, go pee, sit however you want, eat whatever you want.

The idea is, in the cinema you're stuck there in the moment, I remember being like 14 years old and too jewy to get up and piss during one of the LotR movies, and holding it in for 2 hours. It was excruciating.

Tbh, I've seen so many movies now I just don't care. If you can only tell me a good story in a cinema and your movie doesn't translate to other mediums go fuck yourself.
>>
>>63206134
Objectively all that matters is the ratio of the screen to your overall field of view. Unless you are running a 24" 4k monitor with 4k content, you aren't getting the same resolution that you would be getting at a well projected cinema. Plus you don't get to take advantage of the cinema showers.
>>
>>63209967
This mostly. But really, the quality of the actual video isn't always that much better in a cinema than a bluray on a ~24" monitor.

Sound is usually a lot better in a cinema, though. Even if you might own surround sound.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.