[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Was this movie low-key good? I've been hearing great things
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: creed.jpg (295 KB, 1280x849) Image search: [Google]
creed.jpg
295 KB, 1280x849
Was this movie low-key good?

I've been hearing great things about it lately
>>
I don't need to see it to know it's dogshit
>>
Stupid movie doesn't even show Adonis kill Drago from Rocky IV.
>>
it was lowkey lit pham straight fire
>>
Honestly yeah, it was pretty solid. Not quite as good as the original "Rocky," but probably the best of the Rocky sequels. It's not very original or anything, but it executes those cliches really, really well. Good writing, good performances, and visually it was stylish without being flashy or overstated.
>>
>>63201775
Isn't Drago already canon dead from aids and shit, not long after Rocky VI?
>>
The fights were shot great, especially the first one. If you're a baby like the rest of the nerds on this website you'll tear up a few times, and there's not much ebonics so you won't get triggered.
>>
>>63201858
>fall in love with girl next door
>taken in from juvenile prison
>trainer declines to train him at first and relents over time
>training montage with dirt bikes
>trainer gets sick
>girl who's a singer is losing her hearing
>evil trainer reveals his identity because rocky wouldn't train his kid

Jesus Christ. I still loved it though, great movie
>>
>>63201740
It's probably the best sports movie in a good while.
It was a hell of a lot better than Southpaw, that's for damn sure.
>>
>>63201963
>Isn't Drago already canon dead from aids and shit, not long after Rocky VI?
source?
>>
It deserves a Best Picture nom.

Coogler is an unbelievable director and Stallone put in a Best Support nod worthy performance.

9.5/10
>>
>>63201858
Better than 3 I call bullshit.
>>63202066
Sounds like shit.
>>
>>63201858
Completely agree. Followed the Rocky formula to the T, but fuck me watching that final fight with an audience was pretty incredible.
>>
>>63202276
>that final fight with an audience was pretty incredible.
Holy shit mate this. Seeing the whole audience gasp and cheer at the same time was great and something people won't have when they watch it on their PC between shitposts
>>
>>63202066
>evil trainer reveals his identity because rocky wouldn't train his kid

He didn't reveal it until after the fight. Honestly, that guy's behavior was 100% believable. He had every right to be resentful about Rocky choosing to train some random boy from California after turning down his son. They were friends. Anyone would have felt disrespected.

Before the Creed fight, his son was undefeated. What better way to soften the blow to his son's record, than to reveal that the guy who beat him was the son of a legend?

He was a stand up guy who was just looking out for his kid.
>>
honestly? yeah. i was shocked by how good it was me and my wifes son loved it
>>
>>63202362
>why would rocky choose to train the son of his dead rival/trainer/best friend over my kid???

But yeah I see what you mean. Was just that you saw it coming from a mile away is all, movie was cliche as fuck. Still good though
>>
Incredible from start to finish. You're missing out if you don't see this on the big screen.

The blu-ray will be a real treat too with a lot of features .
>>
File: Hungrybear.gif (2 MB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
Hungrybear.gif
2 MB, 400x400
SHILL thread
>>
CREED?
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.