[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If she wants to be taken seriously, why does she dress like she
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1
File: jh.jpg (44 KB, 468x602) Image search: [Google]
jh.jpg
44 KB, 468x602
If she wants to be taken seriously, why does she dress like she does? Why is she sleeping with half the agency? I don't understand this woman's logic
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzEDeVp5A4o
>>
old habits die hard
>>
>logic
>women

Now pick one
>>
Sex appeal is her only tool so she uses it.
>>
Because that's the only thing that worked when she started and her wanting to be taken seriously wasn't always an issue. She was fine being a squeeze on the side and just waiting to marry a handsome rich guy, until Peggy came along and managed to get further than she ever did without banging half the office. The Peggy-Joan relationship in the early seasons is one of the best bits. This dowdy new secretary comes in, answering to the glamorous queen bee of the office, constantly stepping on her toes, when she's suddenly promoted to a man's position and, not only that, she keeps moving up. Meanwhile Joan is going nowhere, just a constant stream of pump and dumps until Mr. Right comes along, rapes her, fucks up his career as a surgeon and goes off to Vietnam.

Plus
>Women
>Logic

The real question is why she turned into such a bitch in the final season.
>>
>>63197913
> I don't understand this woman's logic

Hold on there Timmy, you've just said a mouthful.
>>
Peggy and Joan were two extremes, and they ended up meeting in the middle. Both tried to rely solely on their natural talent and failed/were unfulfilled. Both tried to abandon their strengths emulate the other's and failed. In the end they both found that balance.
>>
>>63198401
>The real question is why she turned into such a bitch in the final season.

She made partner (by whoring herself) and started seeing that big money

All of her bitchiness came from the greed
>>
>>63197913
>sleeping with half the agency
She only ever had a thing with Roger. Or am I mistaken?
>>
>>63197913
Do you know what "character development" is? She DIDN'T want to be taken seriously in first seasons, she just wanted a rich husband.

But once she actually got married she realized that it's making her miserable, came back and decided to be serious, but couldn't push through sexism and her previous reputation.
>>
>>63197913
It's shit writing.

I really wanted to like madmen but it quickly became apparent they didn't know how to do character development beyond exploring their past, so the characters all make the same mistakes over and over. It's the exact same shit with Don
>>
>>63198977
She fucked Kinsey too I think
>>
>>63199046
> so the characters all make the same mistakes over and over
Thank god people like you couldn't get into the show, it was the ultimate pleb filter. "Same mistakes over and over" is the fucking POINT, it's a show about people who think they want to change, but then fall into their old habits over and over again, it's literally in the opening titles. The Sopranos was exactly the same.

And if you think they didn't know how to do character development - go watch s1 Peggy, Kent and Harry and then compare them to the same characters in s7. Not to mention that character development goes beyond just PEOPLE CHANGING
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.