[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Cool I'm immune to Kilgrave's powers now, there
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 13
File: Jessica-Jones-screengrab.jpg (50 KB, 960x480) Image search: [Google]
Jessica-Jones-screengrab.jpg
50 KB, 960x480
>Cool I'm immune to Kilgrave's powers now, there is literally nothing he can do to me.
>Time to kill him I guess I'll bring along Luke Cage, who isn't immune, and is one of the only people physically strong enough to stop me along as backup. What could possibly go wrong?
>Oh no he was being controlled all along what a twist

Jesus fucking christ this show is so poorly written it hurts. Every time I think it can't get any more contrived it outdoes itself.

How the fuck did it get such good reviews?
>>
So you're saying you expected that from the start yourself or it's only obvious in hindsight?
>>
>>63196348

Did you seriously not see it coming?
>>
>>63196308

Yeah it was pretty stupid to bring Luke, but to be fair she did have him hide when Killgrave showed up, and obviously she didn't know he was being controlled the whole time, because she didn't know that the time length had been increased because Killgrave had taken all of those chemicals.

So it wasn't completely retarded. My problem is that in the last few episodes, the whole "Okay I know where Killgrave is, I'm heading for him, oopsies I let him get away!" over and over got annoying.
>>
>>63196308

>i'll send in Patsy first though, for some reason. she'll live because the plot dictates it.
>>
>>63196462

It's still fucking stupid, she shouldn't have brought him at all. Kilgrave could've popped up anywhere and told him to kick Jessica's ass. there was no fucking advantage to having him there. He could only possibly serve as a hindrance if Kilgrave showed up, there was no guarantee he'd be able to hide in time.
>>
There were a lot of badly thought out plans (I don't understand the point of Patsy being present for the final confrontation) but for Luke she actually waited over 12 hours which she had every reason to believe was the time limit on Killgrave's powers.
>>
>>63196558
Didn't he decide for himself to come along? She killed his wife, kind of awkward to tell him to fuck off after that confession.
>>
>>63196308
Watch your mouth when you speak to my waifu.
>>
Did you honestly expect intelligence from a worthless coalburner?
>>
I only watched it for the BLACKED
>>
>>63196571
>There were a lot of badly thought out plans

Why did Jeri's lover showing up at exes house at exactly the right time? She rattled off some excuse but narratively it was a huge stretch just to get her there.

The sister following Malcolm to the meeting and somehow knowing everyone's name and rallying them against Jessica. She doesn't freak out about Malcolm's admission of her brothers murder or even think to go to police. Somehow she knows about Kilgrave and just buys that this mystery villain was behind it, but also still hates Jessica Jones.

And she's the one to knock Jessica out with a plank of wood

No broken necks from anyone when the entire group hangs themselves. I guess the writers think they're supposed to suffocate? Even if the ropes were too short-why? No lasting consequences.

Cops don't notice apparent rope burns on every witness afterwards.

Simpson literally tells her about the blue pills. When Patsy's down, Jess doesn't try to locate them. Yeah he threw em out the window or something but maybe Jessica can use her superpowers to jump down there real fast and get em.

Luke- "Do i need to know what happened here?" After getting back to JJ's apartment following the Simpson stuff
Jessica-"NO!"
But... he does. Especially immediately after her "I'm so sorry for not being trustworthy."

Patsy has important news! People are dying left and right! But Luke's cute, go do your thing girl lmao, nm.

Luke struggling to punch through or damage a car door as if he was a normal human.
>>
>oh shit guys I just noticed something, the way we wrote this it looks like the macho police guy was right all along! How do we fix this?
>lol just turn him into a nutjob indiscriminate killer, that completely invalidates the fact that he was right from the beginning and Jessica was wrong. No one will notice.
>>
File: mike-colter.jpg (137 KB, 600x480) Image search: [Google]
mike-colter.jpg
137 KB, 600x480
>>63196723

Look at this beautiful motherkeker. How can white men compete?
>>
>>63197120
>>63196723
Can keks pls go back to reddit? thanks
>>
>>63196558
Luke would've still come along, Jessica just wouldn't have known it.

Jessica also didn't know that Kilgrave knew about Luke's powers. Luke told her he didn't know. Jessica believed him because she thought Luke wasn't under his control at that time.
>>
> expecting a show written for women to make sense.

nobody makes tv for 18-30 males. no money in it.
>>
>>63197192
Adult Swim
>>
>>63196308
This show was shit desu senpai.

Every single character was either a sociopath (Jeri) or a psycopath (Simpson).
>>
>>63196308

>and is one of the only people physically strong enough to stop me

The ginger with the incest complex knocked her the fuck out with a fucking wooden beam.
>>
>>63197120
I can't get one yellow shirt in 13 episodes?
>>
Just binge-watched the first episode. When Jessica found the girl barely dressed, forced the coat on her and carried her back to her apartment, how did she not at any point notice the gun?
>>
>>63197246

Yep, this will fucking bother me forever.

Also, good reviews because of SJWs and because is Netflix branded
>>
I'm really enjoying the message of this show. Its about time someone had some balls and will proudly proclaim that we NEED to genocide the whites.

http://strawpoll.me/4856660
>>
>>63197346
There's lots of places to hide a gun.
>>
>>63197302

There was essentially no world building or attempt to drop nods to fans, it was as if Mellisa Rosenberg was ashamed it was capeshit at all.
>>
>>63197346
It was in the bag. The PURPLE bag, as it wasn't evident enough.
>>
But the main character is shown to make terrible life choices in the very first episode.
>>
>>63197302
They'll prolly save that for the last episode of Luke Cage. I get what your saying though. It's like this show is afraid to be in the MCU sometimes. Hell, you don't even see the Avengers tower in any of the shots.
>>
>>Time to kill him I guess I'll bring along Luke Cage
luke wasn't even at the final fight
and he was controlled by kilgrave when jessica wasn't even with him
pay attention to the shit you watch nigger
>>
File: patsy.png (1 MB, 1366x768) Image search: [Google]
patsy.png
1 MB, 1366x768
>>63196308
>>63196505
>I'll send in Patsy first, that way I can be on the second floor before I get everyone's attention and accomplish nothing
what was the fucking point?
>>
File: 1448775853578.webm (3 MB, 800x450) Image search: [Google]
1448775853578.webm
3 MB, 800x450
>>63196308
>>
File: 1448821643621.webm (1 MB, 957x540) Image search: [Google]
1448821643621.webm
1 MB, 957x540
>>63196308
>>
>>63196558
>women
>doing things alone
kek
>>
>>63197772

there really was no point, besides normies thinking it was clever, and it put her at great risk

he could have ordered her shot then and there rather than waiting and blowing it

Women writers
>>
>How the fuck did it get such good reviews?
>irrelevant side character
>I had to google "Jessica Jones" to find who the fuck she was

Written by SJWs for SJWs
>>
apparently throwing the blue pills out a window completely wipes them from existence
>>
>>63197882

Rape, PTSD, etc are included in the narrative and she's bitchy

thats how

didnt bother making an interesting show around it or using those themes creatively, but just by virtue of them existing, it's lauded
>>
>>63197882
well where do you think the reviews come from
feminists have a stranglehold on this show, if you say its bad they'll say you're misogynistic
>>
>>63197899

Yep. He literally took the time to explain the blue pills, "Now ladies, this is important, listen..."

kek nope
>>
>>63197302
There was actually one shot where he wore the shirt early on
>>
>>63197753

I know he was being controlled all along you dim piece of shit. It was still retarded to bring him Physical strength is useless against Kilgrave unless you're immune. Even if he wasn't being controlled the whole time, if Kilgrave saw them before they saw him, he could've had Cage kill/choke Jessica out before she even noticed.
>>
>>63197772
>before I get everyone's attention
was being seen a part of her master plan?
>>
>he could have ordered her shot then and there rather than waiting and blowing it

The show is full of moments like this. "people being retarded" is basically the driving force of the plot past episode 6.
>>
>>63197346
>Bing watched
>one episode
All of my what
>>
>>63197899

The problem was that she crashed too quickly and at that point I don't think the blue pills work, she needed something else. Or Jessica just panicked and forgot the pills. Not to mention a fall from that height would have broken the container and spilled the pills everywhere.

>>63197970

Because deep down he actually cared about Patsy and didn't want her to kill herself with the pills. He thought explaining the blue pills and then throwing them away would prevent her from taking the red pills, but she was far more reckless/desperate than he anticipated. Usually she plays things more safe than that.
>>
>>63198161

He's a psychopath who's more interested in torturing Jessica than outright killing her.
>>
>>63198228
>and at that point I don't think the blue pills work

lol there is literally NOTHING to suggest this. Why are you so desperate to defend this trash?
>>
>>63198161

Agreed. And again look, I know I sound like a neckbeard, but for most normies or women these things are fine. For those of us that do watch or read genre stuff, noir, capeshit, it's retarded, clunky plotting.

Daredevil was better in so many ways.
>>
>>63198228
>Because deep down he actually cared about Patsy and didn't want her to kill herself with the pills. He thought explaining the blue pills and then throwing them away would prevent her from taking the red pills, but she was far more reckless/desperate than he anticipated. Usually she plays things more safe than that.

No, I know. I'm saying, Jessica was told by Simpson that the blue pills would help Patsy breathe again. She didnt think to look for them.
>>
>>63198256

That doesnt speak to that anon's point? If you're saying he left Patsy alive to torture Jess further, he did try to kill her a minute later, just so happened her gun was spent.
>>
>>63198261

That was just what I thought when I was watching; I agree there's no reason it would work that way, it was just my on-the-fly justification. People do stupid things in a panic, though. When your friend's heart stops most people are far more inclined to call 911 than to root around in the gutter for some pills.
>>
>>63197850
>>63197808

WELCOME TO THE NEW AGE
TO THE NEW AGE
TO THE NEW AGE...
WHOA OH AH
WHOA OH AH
I'M RADIOACTIVE
RADIOACTIVE...
>>
>>63198383

That's why Simpson took the time to lay it out for them in easy to grasp detail minutes before.
>>
File: Krysten-Ritter-Feet-2000004.jpg (129 KB, 988x672) Image search: [Google]
Krysten-Ritter-Feet-2000004.jpg
129 KB, 988x672
>>63196308
Dem feet tho.
>>
>>63197808
>wearing a bra while having sex
do amerifats really do this?
>>
>>63198453

they're awful, this is like the only semi passable picture
>>
>>63197808
>getting paid to fuck black dudes

Lucky bitch.
>>
>>63198453

I'm not a foot guy and even I think her toes look weird.
>>
>>63197863
>>63197857
>>63198269
>wombmans is bad!
You can point out how shitty this show is without trying to push your own agenda anons
>>
>>63198602

Looks like hammer toe
>>
>>63197899
Didn't she fucking collapse 10 seconds after that fight? It's not like Jessica can go pick them up while Trish died.
>>
>>63198602
That's because you're comparing them to human feet. They're designed to grab prey as she swoops down from above. They're beautiful in their practicality.
>>
paid reviews. its what ruined meta critic and ign. youtubers in some cases are paid to give good reviews by companies. and liberals rally behind random shit with a female main character

a crappy game that didnt sell well at all "sunset" was praised to no end by every review company despite the fact the game play was boring and the story insulting to any one with a brain
>>
how did she all of a sudden become immune? that made no sense
>>
>>63200845
His powers wears off after a period of time.
>>
File: hot10_susieabromiet_article1.jpg (105 KB, 800x1194) Image search: [Google]
hot10_susieabromiet_article1.jpg
105 KB, 800x1194
Hogarth's new girlfriend's titties should have been in more scenes. Holy shit, her cleavage.
>>
>>63197120
I know right, he didn't wear a tiara either.
>>
>>63200845
Well wasn't his powers basically a disease or something?

Becoming immune isn't that far out there, especially considering it's capeshit, even if it's street level.
>>
>>63197808

SO. FUCKING. EMPOWERING.

This scene totally made my slim jim tingle.
>>
>>63200845
It's not so retarded when you consider Kilgrave's powers work through a virus, which itself is retarded. But building up an immunity to a virus isn't retarded.
>>
>>63201127
>>63200949
they didn't really explain it well at all

it made a huge difference to the plot
>>
Well for one thing they really did nail it when they decided to use an unattractive woman,
>>
>>63197808
so PC
>>
Had high hopes for this show expecting dark shit, but instead I just got shit. First episode ending was the best and darkest part, every episode after that sucked dick. Like really, luke cage can punch through concrete but can't punch through a fucking car door??? the fuck???
>>
File: drdoomPurpleMan.jpg (423 KB, 1023x1423) Image search: [Google]
drdoomPurpleMan.jpg
423 KB, 1023x1423
>>63200845
If you develop a strong enough willpower, he can't effect you.

He's been BTFO by Doom and Kingpin when he tried to exploit them.
>>
>>63201262
But jessica was an alcoholic, she basically had less willpower than a normal person.
>>
>>63200949
you're not wrong but that isn't the answer
>>
>>63201262
>>63201291
Comic Purple Man works differently from show Kilgrave.
>>
>>63201257

>First episode ending was the best and darkest part

Did you not see the episodes with torturing children by experimenting on them?
>>
Killgrave was the only good thing about this show.
The story was bad, the action was horribad & all the characters must have had atleast 15 IQ points smacked out of them because they all acted and planned like chimps.
>>
>>63201361
Yeah, he's actually purple.
>>
The protagonist wasn't very good, I mean she basically ran around using her strength like a bully, not a good way to build sympathy from the viewer.

Props to them for using an actual ugly woman in a tv show for once though.
>>
>>63201748
>actual ugly woman
are you gay? she was a solid 6/10
>>
>>63201748
I think that was kind of the point. She wasn't trying to use her powers as a hero They were just a convenience to what she wanted to do and she occasionally did heroic things. That wasn't an issue. The issue was that she and a lot of the other characters constantly lost IQ points to make the plot work and that's especially infuriating for a protagonist.
>>
>>63201863
>implying
more like 3/10 bulgy eyes pancake face freak
>>
>>63196308
It's the adaptation of a shitty comic character made by the screenwriter of the Twilight movies.
I mean, what the fuck did you expect.
>>
>>63202078
>made by the screenwriter of the Twilight movies.
For real?

That's all kinds of hilarious.
And people are treating this as some kind of magnum opus of feminism.
>>
>>63196308
>How the fuck did it get such good reviews?

|
|>
|₪
|
>>
>>63202112
>magnum opus of feminism

because it's being directly compared to Super Girl's version of feminism
>>
>>63202130

took me a while to see it. i'm slipping.
>>
>>63202187
I haven't watched super girl but it's basically a generic romantic comedy in tv form right? That's what the commercial made it look like
>>
>>63202130
>>How the fuck did it get such good reviews?
krysten ritter blowing them?
>>
The comic is actually quite good senpai.
>>
>only kisses Patsy and asks Jessica to smile to try and see if Jessica is under his control

why not fuck Patsy in front of her like in the comics?
>>
>>63202130
I really don't get it.
>>
Kilgrave did nothing wrong.
NOTHING.
>>
>>63196308
It felt like she was humoring him. He was pretty insistent on tagging along and Jessica probably just thought it was a personal thing since Kilgrave had a hand in Luke's wife's death. He was never even supposed to be in range of Kilgrave's powers.
>>
File: 6ee.jpg (52 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
6ee.jpg
52 KB, 600x600
>>63204146
>>
>>63196308
Its written by sjw girl and aimed at sjw girls of cause its shit
>>
>>
>>63201291
That's not how alcoholism works m8
>>
>>63196308

What's this lady's super powers in the show?
>>
>>63196308
Nice spoilers faggy
>>
>>63204930
Garden variety super strength. She can also jump high but that's covered under super strength.
>>
>>63205006

Actually she is flying, not jumping.
>>
File: lol123.png (286 KB, 656x826) Image search: [Google]
lol123.png
286 KB, 656x826
>>63196308
twitter and tumblr
getting blacked as well
this shit drama did more shit than SJW/GamerGate/CSI episode
>>
Im about three episodes in...why dont they just shoot Dr. Who? Just get a gun and shoot him. Why are they trying to take him alive?
>>
>>63204769
not a surprise at all
>>
>>63205406

Damn, I can take her out, Batsy would fuck her up in unimaginable ways by normies like us
>>
>>63196308
It's literally the best capeshit, tv or film, to feature a woman in the leading role.

Unfortunately, people think that means its top-tier capeshit. It's still pretty crap. The performances all around were solid, but the writing was university-student tier.
>>
>>63206525
Did you fall asleep during the whole sub-plot with the girl who's in jail for killing her parents?
>>
I still don't fully understand how she got free of Killgrave

was it really just WILLPOWER?
>>
>>63196462
I was wondering, Luke seems the more powerful of the two. What advantage does JJ have? She can do guided falling?
>>
>>63196308
why would kilgrave control someone to cvck him?
>>
>>63206796

She can jump higher I guess, but Luke is clearly stronger and has a right mind
>>
>>63206774
It's implied that because of her extended exposure to him + her advanced physiology she developed an immunity to his virus. Willpower might be a lesser factor too
>>
How can Patsy fuck the guy who tried to kill her?
>>
>he thinks shows and movies are simply "what happens in the story"

Stay pleb, 14 year old.
>>
>>63206774
>>63206867

On the comics Purple Man isn't capable of controlling Dr Doom because he's willpower is way too big
>>
>>63197808
>>63197850
thanks I'm skipping this series.
>>
>>63206996

Because that's women do! Do you know any Fucking women ever!?
>>
>>63206996
She got off on it. Probably is into erotic asphyxiation now.
>>
>>63205402
It's not flying if you fall.
>>
>>63206705
Thats it? Really? Just fucking kill him. He's clearly too dangerous. This is why we need a Punisher series. No pussy footing around. Is he a bad guy? Bang. Dead.
>>
>>63197772
Which scene was this?
>>
Will there ever be a show thats made my women for women thats actually good?
>>
>>63198472
It's like having sex with sandals on
>>
>>63206705
When Kilgrave shows up in Jessica's apartment a couple of episodes before the end of the season, he says that he organized Hope's release with the DA.
At that point Jessica could have killed him and everything would have ended the exact same way, except with significantly less deaths.
>>
>>63207137
She said it was guided falling in the show.
>>
>>63197808
>>63197850
Why are you all so obsessed with this shit? It's just so pathetic. Who says people can only date within their race?
>>
>>63209790
Fuck you, racist. Can't take the BBC? Thank God somebody is. Thank you, Jessica Jones.
>>
>>63209911
I was talking to the racists, you silly. I have no problem with different colors.
>>
You're over thinking it. It's a Netflix show. It's not meant to be critically analyzed or hold up under any kind of scrutiny. Just bingewatch it and move on to the next thing.
>>
>>63200845
In the comics, Jean Grey from the Xmen created a psychic barrier to protect her after she was beaten into a coma by the Avengers. As to why, she was sent out to kill Daredevil by Killgrave, and she managed to mix DD with Scarlet Witch, which is how the Avengers got mixed into it.

After waking up from it, she remembered everything that happened while under Killgraves influence, which basically amounts to a lot of rape. It causes her to retire out of super-heroing and becomes a Private Investigator.
>>
>>63209996
It's immune to criticism because it's a netflix show?
>>
>>63210401

i'm just saying you should know what you're getting going in to it.
>>
>>63197192
>>63197210
FX
>>
>>63196308
so when will they turn purple?
>>
>>63198614
back to tumblr with you
>>
>>63210563
Just because something is likely to be shit, doesn't mean you can't call it out for being as such.
>>
>>63210660

i mean sure you can. i'm not stopping you. but it'd be like me starting a thread about how terrible cbs sitcoms are.
>>
>>63210709
The problem with this is that Jessica Jones is being well reviewed by people outside of 4chan. People here are talking poorly about it because this is one of the few places that you can say how shit it is without being disregarded as a MRA or a racist or whatever.

I agree that it is a moot point, but I guess people just feel the need to vent.
>>
>>63201042
this
>>
>>63201748
has any grimdark superheroes story made hero a cool no they made them stupid meanwhile villains is all cool and shits
>>
>>63202258
it really is
>>
>>63210772

most netflix shows are shit but get decent enough reviews because the bingewatch format glosses over all the flaws. this isnt really exclusive to jessica jones
>>
>>63206774
yep
>>
This show is at least a 9.5 and will probably be bumped to a 9.75 on repeated viewings. Unique script, interesting characters, super cool twist.
>>
>>63196308
Because she's a girl dating a nigger. When will /tv/ learn that liberalism or 'special snowflake' = good reviews.
>>
>>63196308

but she didn't bring Luke? she specifically told him she needed to do it alone

and if she had told him to get on a plane to China as to not endanger her he wouldn't have since Kilgrave was controlling him already
>>
>>63210831
You're right.That's exactly what the problem is. I just wish people were able to look at things somewhat critically, rather than gobbling up whatever shit is handed to them.
>>
>>63202187
I actually like the way Jessica Jones does it better.
You never hear any god awful lines like "WHY? BECAUSE SHES A GURLLLLLLL" in Jessica Jones
>>
>>63210859
look at all this edge
>>
>>63210859
Almost every single show on TV has a liberal agenda yet many still get trashed. Absolute shit argument. Now fuck off retard
>>
>>63196308
>It's okay, we have a failsafe!
>Oh no, the failsafe stopped working!
>>
>>63210908
That happens a few times. I remember they bring it up when Simpson says you can't do X and Trish and Jessica say "Why, because we're girls?"
>>
>>63197653
Oh. You mean the bag that JJ packed? That bag?
>>
>>63197710
>But the main character is shown to make terrible life choices in the very first episode.

Yeah. Fucking a black dude is pretty much bottom of the barrel.
>>
>>63211139
Sounds like you know from personal experience. Hahaha get fucking rekt (just like you did with a black dude) #gotem
>>
>episode 1
>"JESSICA"
>"JESSICA GET BACK HERE"
>she looks back but just keeps walking away
>"GET BACK HERE JESSICA"
>she keeps walking away
>somehow I'm not supposed to know it doesn't work on her anymore

Really nigga?
>>
>>63210849
>this is what ignorant bloggers actually believe
>>
>>63198161
>"people being retarded" is basically the driving force of the plot past episode 6.

You masochist. I watched the first episode and laughed my ass off and deleted the rest of the series.
>>
>>63201262
Christ Comic Dr. Doom is such a fucking pimp. Too bad he's always a fucking clown in the movies.
Thread replies: 164
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.