[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Name one Nolan film that was below average. That's right
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2
File: chris-nolan.jpg (58 KB, 465x317) Image search: [Google]
chris-nolan.jpg
58 KB, 465x317
Name one Nolan film that was below average. That's right you can't.
>>
Him and your moms sex tape
>>
>>63191372

I hate to bring it up because I know what will happen, but The Dark Knight Rises was bad.
>>
can we all agree that the prestige is his best movie
>>
>>63191372
I've seen three of his movies and while Memento was okay, Batman Begins and The Dark Knight were awful; horrible direction with no sense of space, every scene filmed in the same flat, boring, manner. You couldn't pay me to watch another Nolan film.
>>
True but name one that was above average

Checkmate
>>
>>63191458
Yes.
>>
>>63191372

Following and Insomnia.
>>
>>63191372

> the Dark Knight Rises.
as an unintentional comedy its a masterpiece, but what Nolan intended it to be its fucking terrible.
>>
>>63191425
>TDKR
>Bad
I love this meme.
>>
>>63191372

Interstellar
>>
File: 1444749691409.jpg (10 KB, 249x188) Image search: [Google]
1444749691409.jpg
10 KB, 249x188
>>63191558
Nice meme m8y
>>
>>63191372
none of his films are below average but none of them are the greatest things ever that normies make them out to be
>>
>>63191458
Yep.
>>
>>63191458

Yes. That and Mememento are the two I consider not jarring, spectacle for its own sake rubbish.
>>
>>63191527
I agree with you, but to be fair Following was his very first film, and Imsomnia was a shitty remake hamfisted by Hollywood executives where Nolan had barely any creative control over the project at all.

IMO TDKR is the worst Nolan movie, and it's very average, maybe a bit below average.
>>
>>63191479
The dark knight memento interstellar the prestige
>>
>>63191528
He didn't even want it to exist in the first place, so I'd call it a win because he made the single most memed movie in history.
>>
>>63191640
>Not BB
>Not Inception
They are both better than Interstellar
>>
>>63191706
>he made the single most memed movie in history.
Memed by spergs and nerd community, the most memed movie overall is either Terminator 2 or The Big Lebowski, because normalfags, hipsters, nerds and everybody and their grandmas keep quoting, memeing and parodying them.
>>
>>63191458
Always thought it was his worst. Jackedman and Scarjo were casting errors and the final twist is borderline retarded. He had the opportunity to tell the story of a man slowly descending into madness because of jealousy and pride but as always he fucked up the ending with that final EPIC MEME TWIST.
>>
>>63191801
I don't like this movie as much as others, and never got the appeal why so many people praise it as the best Nolan movie, but it's far from being the worst.

I didn't have any problem with the cast, as Scarjo barely has any dialogue or is a central part of the movie, and Hugh did a decent job.
>>
His Shit:
The Dark Knight
The Dark Knight Rises
Insomnia

His GOAT:
Momento
The Prestige
Inception

His brettygud:
Batman Begins
Interstellar
>>
>>63192007
>the dark knight
>shit
>tdkr
>literally the best opening scene ever made

shit taste
>>
>>63191946
When I say worst I'm not even counting any Batman movie obviously. I'm definitely exaggerating, now that I remember it, I would agree that Insomnia was very forgettable. I enjoy The Prestige up until the Tesla/Bowie scene. But I agree, I don't get the extreme praise for The Prestige at all.
>>
>>63192165
>I enjoy The Prestige up until the Tesla/Bowie scene. But I agree, I don't get the extreme praise for The Prestige at all.
Yeah, same for me, even when Bowie did a great job, I don't like the "CRAZY WACKY SCIENCE", I'd rather have "IT'S MAGIC AIN'T GONNA EXPLAIN SHIT"
>>
>>63191458
his worst Desu.Interstellar
>>
>>63192007
>batman begins
>better than the 2 dks

this has become a reliable indicator of shit taste in general
>>
>>63191372

Man of Steel
>>
>>63191372
Everything he's done is shit except for The Prestige.

Overly long boring shit: Inception, Batman movies, Interstellar

Style and no substance shit: Memento, Following, Insomnia

Literally one decent movie in his whole career and that's it.
Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.