[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
For what reason were they gonna arrest Sheev? Is following the
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: Duel_on_Coruscant.jpg (2 MB, 1920x816) Image search: [Google]
Duel_on_Coruscant.jpg
2 MB, 1920x816
For what reason were they gonna arrest Sheev?
Is following the Sith religion a crime? And doesn't chancellor have immunity either way?
>>
Just like being a nazi is a crime in germany
>>
Just like being a homo is a crime in Turkey
>>
>>63191061
he back-channeled the entire blockade of an illegal trade federation
>>
Just like being black is a crime in America
>>
>>63191370

did you time travel from 1950?

we president now
>>
>An autonomous, heavily armed group arresting the rightful Supreme Chancellor of the Galactic Republic

It was a coup plain and simple.
>>
Just like being intelligent is a crime on /tv/
>>
>>63191061

The Jedi were taking the law into their own hands.

It's like cops routinely shooting black kids in America.
>>
>>63191367
I don't think they had any proof for that
>>
>>63191061

Trying to explain the prequels is a waste of time. Just watch the OT or read Star Wars comics/play Star Wars games like a sane person.
>>
It was pretty silly how they all went in their and just pulled their lightsabers out based on... what? That Anakin said he THOUGHT Palpatine was a sith lord? They should at least have tried a different approach first rather than go in guns blazing getting rekt anyway.
>>
Its not him being sith in and of itself, its the fact that he's master to dooku (a war criminal and "leader" of the separatists) and involved in dozens of conspiracies against the republic
>>
>>63191061
>r what reason were they gonna arrest Sheev?
>Is following the Sith religion a crime? And doesn't chancellor have immunity either way?

Lucas was making an allegory to Pinochets right-wing take over of Chile and establishment of a military junta, the Jedi are how Lucas views the Republican party.
>>
>>63191704

they had no evidence to any of that
>>
>>63191704
All they knew was that him and Dooku followed the same religion.
Even if Dooku was his student, it would be quiet possible that he had gone rouge, with him kidnapping sheev and shit.
>>
It's never explained in the movie but I think the Sith have tried to destroy the Republic so many times in the past that Jedi can disregard normal rules and procedures if they have reason to believe an individual is a Sith or affiliated with the Sith
>>
>>63191646
They would have investigated it while he was in custody. The Jedi council i.e. Anakin are essentially detectives so his word is evidence enough for an arrest.
>>
Think of the Sith as radical Islam, except the law is allowed to be tough on them.
>>
sithphobia
>>
>>63191844
I am pretty sure detectives can't put the head of state into custody without having rock solid evidence
>>
They had no authority whatsoever, hence why it was treason, then.
>>
it was treason, plain and simple
>>
The Jedi are above the law, how the fuck else can they consistently act as mediators, body guards, assassins and warlord generals with no accountability except to themselves? No senate committee overseas the Jedi Temple, media arent allowed any access or seem to not care and they recieve a shit ton of money from somewhere...

They just give lip service to the senate and help solve their problems from time to time but the Jedi weren't bound by laws.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.