[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So Last Kingdom was 8 episodes of awesome with fast pacing and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 10
File: maxresdefault7.jpg (158 KB, 1440x779) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault7.jpg
158 KB, 1440x779
So Last Kingdom was 8 episodes of awesome with fast pacing and good acting (dat Alfred) yet almost nobody watch it on /tv/ because it was on BBC america.

Why would you miss a show for such a thing ?
>>
File: 1417010699667.jpg (22 KB, 277x296) Image search: [Google]
1417010699667.jpg
22 KB, 277x296
>>63188700
i watched it. lots of people did - but they are the kind who do not post on 4chap.
great show, helped by knowing it was 8 eps in length (so it doesnt go into TWD kind of shit where they drag a show out)
i look forward to a second season.
>>
>>63188700
>because it was on BBC america

It's been broadcast on BBC2 in the UK aswell, but it's 2 episode behind. But yeah, I've enjoyed it so far.
>>
Neat show, makes me want to check out the books.
>>
File: Sharpe.jpg (670 KB, 1622x1610) Image search: [Google]
Sharpe.jpg
670 KB, 1622x1610
>>63189368
Same author who wrote the Sharpe series of books.
>>
some of the dialog from based uhtred son of uhtred is awful, and the opening few lines read bythe actor are hilariously bad, but alfred's acting is phenomenal.

one thing i like about the show is how well it is paced. yeh it might be slight popcorn entertainment but there is no filler at all. not one episode was bad, and every episode had something crucial happening.

great show.
>>
I miss Ubba
>>
Just let based BBC adapt Witcher too. I can see a similar show in the same vein working out pretty well.

>>63189407
>dat feel when Uthred son of Uthred is all alone again
>>
In the books Uhtred fucks that nun.
>>
>>63189461
now that wessex vs the danes has concluded, i reckon uthred will travel round plowing bitches like geralt from the witcher.

gonna be a good second season.
>>
>>63189470
That's stupid. That nun is qt and pure.
>>
Didn't expect the Irish pagan to die desu senpai. Thought she was going to be taken as a hostage/ waifu prize
>>
>>63189628
Same, wasn't even mad Uthred went full Mary Sue Chosen one and won the battle on his own after it happened.
>>
great show

going to miss the uthred-leofric bromance
>>
What are the chances of BBC adapting Cornwell's King Arthur trilogy?
>>
It's still airing in the UK, for some bizarre reason they started showing it two weeks earlier on BBC America. Episode 6 was the latest one over here, the one where he goes to Cornwall and meets Scorpa.

So far I do enjoy it quite a bit, I like how it manages to avoid a lot of cliches like killing Ubba off half way through the series when it looked like he was going to be the big bad of the show. At the same time Uhtred is really fucking irritating, I get they want to keep some tension in the show but so far whenever Uhtred does something that is going to get him wealth/renown, he then goes and fucks it all up because he's an impatient bitch.
>>
>>63189531
>now that wessex vs the danes has concluded
nope
>>
The Last Kingdom
The Pale Horseman,
The Lords of the North
Sword Song
The Burning Land
Death of Kings
The Pagan Lord
The Empty Throne
Warriors of the Storm

The first series covered the first two books I hear, so they still could do a few more series.
>>
>>63189904
But we have peace!
>>
>>63189865
>At the same time Uhtred is really fucking irritating
he's supposed to be a bit, in the books he's even more of a lad
>>
>>63189937
where did the series end? Presuming you don't know any of the history of the period anyway?
>>
>>63189940
I'm okay with a unlikable protagonist honestly, it's the fact he keeps doing stupid shit and getting away with it that bugs me. He's such an obnoxious creator's pet.
>>
File: anlgosacsun.jpg (549 KB, 1200x750) Image search: [Google]
anlgosacsun.jpg
549 KB, 1200x750
>>63189795
me too.
closest we ever got to the lucius/titus redux.
>>
>>63189961
I know Alfred spend time afterwards dealing with raiders and other conflicts, but I assumed Uthred's story will move on and not be so Alfred centric.
>>
>>63190085
Nah, in the books he's heavily involved with Alfred and his family throughout
>>
>>63190128
Oh well, fair enough, Alfred is pretty damn important in history.

Still, I was hoping Uthred will go on having adventures elsewhere for the most part from now on.
>>
>>63190166
>Still, I was hoping Uthred will go on having adventures elsewhere for the most part from now on
he does, but the Vikings continue to attack Wessex until the reign of Alfred's son, Edward the Elder, who pushed them back through Mercia
>>
>>63190166
It's off and on, he goes Viking and rolls with Ragnar once in awhile. I haven't seen the show, but I'm assuming people like steapa and finan might have been introduced depending in where you're at
>>
Thank God England is getting invaded by Pakis and Niggers. I am loving it.
>>
>>63189940
>he's supposed to be a bit

I realise that his whole schtick is that he's a proud warrior who lives by his own code (Bernard Cornwell seems to have some problem with authority, since nearly everyone in a position of power in his stories are terrible cunts, which can often excuse the main character's behaviour) but it feels like we've already had half a dozen scenes like:

>Father Berocca: Uhtred, you can't go in there, they're praying!
>Uhtred: I don't care!
>King Alfred (or some other big shot): Who dares disturb our sacred space!?
>Uhtred: I did that thing you were really pleased with, but now I'm angry because I got took for a chump.
>Regal dude: Your transgressions cannot be forgiven, I declare an arbitrary punishment upon you where you not only don't get any recognition for that good thing you did but now you're in deeper shit than you were before.
>Father Berocca: Why can't you just calm the fuck down when I ask you to Uhtred?
>Some nobleman/woman looks on smugly
>>
>uthred doesn't raid the danes after that faggot king and get the cross thing from them
>iseult instantly speaks the same language
>both of them believe the stupid virginity shit instead of neither
>his defense in front of the king is shit and he's sentenced to death instead of a duel with steapa over the truth
>fights are full of choppy camera and nonsensical moves

what the fuck happened in ep 6
>>
File: 1434119232946.png (158 KB, 389x450) Image search: [Google]
1434119232946.png
158 KB, 389x450
>>63190236
kek
>>
Really great show. But that last combat scene where Uthred jumps behind the enemy lines was just retarded as fuck. There is no way in hell that could ever happened.
>>
File: 1379555655217.jpg (68 KB, 558x344) Image search: [Google]
1379555655217.jpg
68 KB, 558x344
>>63189531
>now that wessex vs the danes has concluded
>>
>>63189935
Uthred is only in five of them
>>
>>63190322
It's all about christian renouncement and the impossibility for Uthred youth to agree with it. Alfred is constantly testing him, obviously he knows Uthred is impatient as fuck but he wants to be sure it won't ruin everything, if he's too impatient to fucking bother to learn proper etiquette, how can you seriously consider giving him a lordship.

It's your classic impulsive vs wise and Alfred is 100% right most of the time.
>>
>>63191608
You would be surprised. When soldiers are fighting in lines (or walls) they tends to be incapable of reacting fast to a non-linear attack. When he jumped behind them, facing him would mean breaking the formation (something some instructors pound into them to NOT DO) and you can understand how Uthred would use the confusion to get behind them and attack Scorpa.

It went just a bit too smoothly but hey, it's a show and Uthred already lost everything he got, he can at least have that.

What's more surprising is Aethelwin becoming suddenly a superwarrior.
>>
>>63192236
>What's more surprising is Aethelwin becoming suddenly a superwarrior.

Yahweh protects.
>>
>>63190236
you mean "thank god england went over to where they had no business and has been bringing them back home since the seventeenth century" right?
>>
>>63190322
>Bernard Cornwell
i read an interview shortly after the release of Azincourt and he's a right entitled cunt.
>>
File: 1435338407721.jpg (45 KB, 282x327) Image search: [Google]
1435338407721.jpg
45 KB, 282x327
>>63193004
Yes, and in less than a hundred years the English will be a minority in their own country. Feels good fám
>>
>>63188700
I loved the pace but I got kind of tired of the Wessex fags in the latter half of the season.

The girl in the beginning was great, I wanted more of her. I hope Uhtred son of Uhtred spends more time with his viking bros in the next season if there is one.

What killed Vikings was the languid pace after the first season
>>
>>63193160
When you read the books, you almost wish for a slower pace in the show. There were many scenes/characters I was expecting.

The biggest loss is a rushed "You frigging good for nothing king let the bread burn !" scene (which is historic) and no loli looking Uthred in the eyes while she's in Alfred arms and Uthred is wondering about betraying him.
>>
File: Gwen_in_2x01.jpg (695 KB, 2000x3000) Image search: [Google]
Gwen_in_2x01.jpg
695 KB, 2000x3000
>>63190236
Surprised BBC didn't shoehorn in any of them desu, like they usually do
>>
>>63193304
Last Kingdom is 100% nigger free. So is Vikings btw.
>>
>>63193430
Going to be a Chinese girl in season 4 apparently. Playing an actual Chink though not a Viking.
>>
>>63193497
Why not ? Danes went very far.
>>
Great Show and I never read the books. It had some minor flaws but they're easily forgivable and obviously due to budget instead of incompetence.
>>
>>63193520

Then put some Arabic looking Moors in it not fucking China girl
>>
>watching a bunch of English actors fake kill each other

YAWN.
>>
>>63188700
If I find the person who acted as military advisor for this show I swear I'll punch them in the fucking head.

>Saxons using tiny rectangular shields and kite shields
>Barely anybody has a spear
>Everybody is rich enough to own a sword
>Axes are in surplus

Everything other than that is solid.
>>
I can't wait for the day the Caliphate end England
>>
File: 1430990321443.png (129 KB, 426x440) Image search: [Google]
1430990321443.png
129 KB, 426x440
>>63194630
can you BE more of a "this is problematic" woman?
>>
>>63189811
That would be nice
>>
>>63188700
Destiny is all
>>
File: lastloli.webm (3 MB, 476x266) Image search: [Google]
lastloli.webm
3 MB, 476x266
>>63197641
Loli is all
Thread replies: 56
Thread images: 10

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.