[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
How much longer can the traditional t.v. model survive?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
File: tmp_7410-netflix-logo481975604.jpg (50 KB, 525x345) Image search: [Google]
tmp_7410-netflix-logo481975604.jpg
50 KB, 525x345
How much longer can the traditional t.v. model survive?
>>
Antenna tv will be around longer than you think(old people love local news+PBS) but cable is done once sports go streaming.
>>
>>63184882
As long as there are old folks and females, TV will have a profitable business model.
>>
Don't forget most people are using laptops, tablets, and phones to watch tv
>>
File: IndustryStocks.jpg (295 KB, 1320x1000) Image search: [Google]
IndustryStocks.jpg
295 KB, 1320x1000
Not much longer
>>
>>63184882
TV won't die. Not everyone is dumbass nerd who can just binge watch stupid shows.

Most people watch the news, sports, reality shows, daily shows, talk shows and commercials.
>>
>>63184882
Amazon Prime pretty much circumvents this whole post.
>>
>>63184966
Is it difficult to find good sports streams? Soccer is the only sport I watch and it's easy to come by good streams.
>>
>>63185017
>Don't forget most people are using laptops, tablets, and phones to watch tv

I literally don't know a single person that does this. There is a world of normal people out there besides the internet, and most people don't know how to install a antivirus, let alone how to stream, torrent etc.

Netflix/Hulu/Prime will never replace regular cable IMO. I have all three services, and still find myself a majority of the time finding something on cable or a movie channel.

My kids are the only one who use netflix.
>>
>>63184882
>TV channels offer streaming service, replays, website exclusives
It has already ended.
>>
File: shitfit.png (31 KB, 300x135) Image search: [Google]
shitfit.png
31 KB, 300x135
The only reason I still have cable is because they jew you over with bundles
>>
>>63184882
How much longer can the $10 subscription model last? How many more sites can people subscribe to before it costs the same as cable?

Cable still has decades to go.
Specially if theyre smart/greedy and stop licensing shows to streaming sites, you cut the content to netflix and people will have no choice but to go back.

>>63185080
>Soccer is the only sport I watch and it's easy to come by good streams.

720p/1080i sport streams that look great on huge TVs?
there are none.

I personally just torrent the few shows I watch and don't have cable, but i'm the small minority. It's ridiculous to think cable is gonna die anytime in the near future.
>>
How the fuck is netflix so profitable when they have so little worth watching?
>>
It will die once we end up with just one "screen" and no difference made between a computer, a cell phone and a TV.
Give it 10 or 20 years.
>>
>>63185288
I don't think they are profitable.
Like Amazon they don't turn any profit, their shares rise based on future projections.
>>
>>63184882
at least another 10 years, probably a bit longer with ISP/cable co's fighting all the way using data caps or usage based billing.
>>
>>63185288
this
>>63185341
It's all investors, they see the huge subscription numbers and it all get hyped up.
huge user base over actual profits i guess.
Like with any other recent tech shit like twitter, snapchat, it's supposedly worth billions cus of the user base but they have no profits to show.

It;s all gonna come tumbling down hard
and we're gonna go back to VHS
>>
>>63185270
>Specially if theyre smart/greedy and stop licensing shows to streaming sites, you cut the content to netflix and people will have no choice but to go back.

Thats what they've been doing, especially with rentals. They just refuse to license the digital streams to netflix and release the movie "early" to on demand services.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.