[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAULIE
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4
File: 2352326.jpg (29 KB, 350x197) Image search: [Google]
2352326.jpg
29 KB, 350x197
HAPPY BIRTHDAY PAULIE
>>
>this is canon
>>
>in the sequel of Creed, Michael B Jordan will have to fight against the robots that try to take over the Boxing
>>
File: image.jpg (50 KB, 736x414) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
50 KB, 736x414
Itadakimas~
>>
>>63183038

Rocky - 9/10
Rocky II - 7/10
Rocky III - 8/10
Rocky IV - 8/10
Rocky V - 3/10
Rocky Balboa - 8/10
Creed - 9/10
>>
I've never seen any of the Rocky movies besides the first one.

Honestly, I just never saw the point in making a sequel to Rocky. He went the distance. That's all he was trying to do. That's all he was meant to do. Having him come back to fight Apollo again and defeat him for the glory of heroism just seems stupid to me.
>>
>>63183105

>Rocky 3
>Good

>Rocky 5
>Bad

Fucking.
>>
>>63183718

a lot of it starts being more about trying to hold on to your accomplishments
>>
There isn't a single good Rocky movie.
>>
Why does everybody love Rocky IV so much more than the other sequels, especially III? It's corny as fuck, praising it is like praising Rambo III which nobody ever does despite it being pretty much the same plot.
>>
>>63183738

look at this contrarian
>>
>>63183927
>Why does everybody love Rocky IV so much more than the other sequels, especially III?

Rocky 4 has the GOAT montage of the series

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gqwuYX3fZZc
>>
File: clubber lang.jpg (50 KB, 800x541) Image search: [Google]
clubber lang.jpg
50 KB, 800x541
>>63183942

Rocky 3 is annoying. It's the worst movie in the series for general plot but it produced iconic moments like Eye of the Tiger and the death of Mickey. Also, 3 has the worst boxing antagonist in the series.

Rocky 5 is underrated, love the subversion of Rocky 1 and I kind of like how Rocky hit rock bottom and returned to his roots. The fight at the end is great too.

Honestly, saying Rocky 3 is better than Rocky 2 is contrarian as fuck.
>>
>>63184146
>subversion
inversion*
>>
>>63183738
>Rocky 5
>Bad

Yes, actually. It's so bad that it's no longer considered a canon movie.
>>
>>63184399

How's it not seen as canon? Can you explain the jump from Rocky 4 to Balboa? Because Rocky 5 to Balboa is natural.
>>
File: 1433885035843.jpg (118 KB, 633x634) Image search: [Google]
1433885035843.jpg
118 KB, 633x634
>It is widely believed that Paulie used the robot as some sort of electronic sex doll. Those who find this view persuasive often point to the scene where Apollo comes to dinner at the Balboa home to discuss the upcoming battle with Drago and Paulie notes that the robot is "his girl" or something to that effect.
>>
>>63184468
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WgEH95t6m34
>>
>>63184468
based Paulie
>>
>>63184432

Stallone mentions it. He was brain damaged in V but is no longer in Balboa, for starters...
>>
>>63184432
Not him but if you've seen Balboa, you'd know during the flashback scene every Rocky was included except for 5. Even Stallone knows it's shit and has said that Balboa should've been 5.
>>
>>63184432
Stallone himself literally rates the movie a 0/10.
>>
>>63184468
>>63184552
ONE OF US! ONE OF US!
>>
>>63184604
>>63184721
>>63184607

I don't particularly recall this but I always assumed it only shown highlights of his life and even if Rocky V had a lot of downs it was mostly about his kid and embarassingly projecting himself too much on Gunn anyway.

I do think Stallone has the most credibility regarding Rocky V over most people. It happens to be work that he not only acted in but wrote and created.

But I think my impulses act too strongly when I hear how Rocky 3 is put on a pedestal when I think that film is a huge victim of Rocky's success. It just feels like a damn sell-out without any of the flamboyant and parody flair that Rocky 4 has. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1SUzcDUERLo
I just want to disclose Rocky 5 is my second least favourite film for all intents and purposes of this conversation.

Unrelated tangent: It was funny how Arnie rates Genesys highly and shat on Terminator 3 for promotional purposes. If Stallone hates something he created and talked about his experiences with it, that's fine with me.
>>
>>63184907
p.s. both of those new terminator films were shit just something that reminded me.
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.