[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
You can pick any writer, dead or alive, to make a Doctor Who
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: doctor who morrowind.jpg (238 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
doctor who morrowind.jpg
238 KB, 1920x1080
You can pick any writer, dead or alive, to make a Doctor Who episode.
Hard mode: write it yourself and give us the pitch.
>>
Philip k Dick
>>
>>63181947
Vince Gilligan
>>
>>63181947
my main man Ted Chiang. best current scifi writer.
he already wrote a good time travel story "The Merchant and the Alchemist's Gate"

>>63181967
interesting idea. I wonder what it would be about. the Dream Lord maybe?
>>
File: TedChiang.jpg (23 KB, 490x652) Image search: [Google]
TedChiang.jpg
23 KB, 490x652
forgot the pic
he looks like a pretty cool guy I must say
>>
>>63181947
Kojima
>>
>>63181947
J.K. Rowling.
Not that it would be good, but that would get the tumblr audience even more and I would get audience records.
>>
>>63181947
>Hard mode: write it yourself and give us the pitch.
Oh, so you want to hear my shitty fanfiction ideas?
>>
File: image.jpg (939 KB, 2517x1508) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
939 KB, 2517x1508
Robert Bolt... in a retread of Lawrence of Arabia, set in the Syria of 2016.
>>
>>63181947
Terry Pratchett.
>>
>>63181947
Greg Egan for some motherfucking SCOPE and actual mindblowing concepts instead of just cleverness
>>
Sylvester Stalone
>>
>>63181947
Fuck a new episode. Lets cash this motherfucking cow for all its worth, gentlemen.

Two fucking doctors. Two different series that run along each other. Since the motherfucker is a time traveler lets dwell into that concept. Lets have 15 and 16 at the same time with a few intertwined episodes. (Has anyone her played Timesplitters 3? )
>>
Shakespeare of course
>>
>>63181967
I second this.

I don't really have ideas for episodes, but I always think I can come up with better endings to episodes.

Like, there was a relatively recent one in that bank with the monster that feeds on guilt. Eventually they find its mate, which was being held prisoner, and everyone lives happily ever after.

I was expecting and hoping for the Doctor to give an awesome speech with something along the lines of "You want guilt? I've killed entire species. I've wiped planets off the face of the universe" etc, etc, rant, rant, and then the monster would feed off him and explode or just crumple up and die.

I guess I just like the moody depressed endings better than the feelgood stuff.
>>
Andrei tarkovsky
Solaris/stalker style
(I know he didn't write all his films)
>>
>Doctor going up against a cosmic monstrosity threatening to feed on the universe ala lovecraft
>doctor tries and fails to reason with it
>builds weapons and goes to war
>galaxies are vaporised as aoe
>battle causes rips in universe
>causes timelines to merge and warp
>different realities seap into ours
>magic and "superheroes" emerge
>Greek and norse gods etc
>concepts such as death and love take form
>doctor fixes it

The end
>>
>>63183030
wouldn't that be a whole season?
>>
>>63183030
Crisis On Infinite Timelines? I like it.
>>
>>63183102
Yes. With us finding all the crazy shit happening is a result of the doctors war which is yet to happen... or has already happened

The episodes write themselves
>>
Douglas Adams.

Dear God, the Feels
They have Consumed me
>>
The doctor vs the valeyard (Tennant's time lord victorious)
>>
>>63182309
I came here to say this

>>63183338
He already did some for Tom Baker
>>
>>63182309
Fuck you mate, I'm not ready to cope with it yet
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.