[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Reminder: Hating this character means that you are misogynistic-scum
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3
File: sky.jpg (111 KB, 1252x1252) Image search: [Google]
sky.jpg
111 KB, 1252x1252
Reminder: Hating this character means that you are misogynistic-scum that hates strong, female characters
>>
>>63178191
I wish she was my mother and molested me growing up
>>
>>63178191
Weren't we meant to hate her? Even people who were anti-walt early in the series couldn't like her. She was fucking scum.
>>
>>63178191
i'll take it
>>
This is the big difference between BrBa and Sopranos that makes the latter superior. Sure, Walt is a generally well-written character and the story as a whole is very immersive, but all most of the side-characters like Skyler and Marie are just annoyances there for you to hate.

Carmella and Tony have a nearly identical relationship that Skyler and Walt do, but you don't hate Carmella when she's angry at Tony. You see Tony doing wrong things. You understand Carmella's emotion and even devotion despite Tony's actions.

Walt literally does nothing wrong for the first 85% of the show and Skyler is 110% cunt the entire time because IT'S ILLEGAL. Great motivation. Great writing. I TOTALLY get where Skyler is coming from.
>>
>>63178191
How could you like her? Every time Walt tried to do something reasonable or noble she was in the way. Strong =/= Overbearing
>>
>>63178191
Well, it's 100% true. Also, you're ought to relate to normal people, not to degenerate amoral criminals.
>>
File: 1446168184107.gif (3 MB, 500x207) Image search: [Google]
1446168184107.gif
3 MB, 500x207
>>63178191
>>
File: 1392774941084.jpg (33 KB, 640x360) Image search: [Google]
1392774941084.jpg
33 KB, 640x360
>>63178289
>>63178289

Half my family has that "CUZ ITS ILLEGAL" attitude about the dumbest things. Her character is nearly perfect due to how infuriating her ignorant fear based logic is and how she is an accurate representation of women living her useless life.
>>
>>63178442
Maybe you're right. At the same time, I cannot fathom anyone behaving that way given the situation.

>6 months to live
>family left broke as fuck
>decides to make fat stacks on his way out
>I FUCKED TED
I mean obviously after Gus died is spiraled out of control and Walt continued cooking, etc. because he liked it, but he started off very genuine. But I guess that's the point of his character.
>>
>>63178290
>How could you like her?
I've never understood it either, but back when BrBa was on the air and it was popular to hate on Skyler, all of these articles started popping up about how she's such a "strong" character that's being hated on by a bunch of misogynists.

>>63178442
>Her character is nearly perfect due to how infuriating her ignorant fear based logic is
Interesting take

>>63178489
>"Talk to me, Walt"
>"Talk to me, Walt"
>"Please, just talk to me, Walt"
>"Walt. Talk to me"
>"Walt. Tell me what's going on
>"Talk to me"
>He talks to her
>"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY GGGGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOODDDDDDDDDDDDDDifuckedted"
>>
>>63178191

>strong
>female

Pick one.
>>
>>63178289
>>63178442
>>63178489
>>63178574
>being a criminal scum apologist
Yes, Skyler is overbearing but you guys are keks if you blame her for her crumbling marriage.

Also, reminder that pretty much none of the characters on the show act in a realistic or reasonable manner so singling Skyler out is proving OP's point.
>>
>>63179488
>you guys are keks if you blame her for her crumbling marriage.

She literally told Walt to get out of the house, asked for a divorce and wanted sole custody of the kids just because ITS ILLEGAL

She is literally the reason the marriage crumbled.
>>
>>63179530
Yeah, Walt being deeply involved in a large meth operation and lying to her about it was no big deal. She totally over reacted.
>>
>>63179530
>just because it's ILLEGAL
or you know, she might be scared of hitmen breaking into her home and killing her children.
>>
>>63179599
is that why she fucked another guy
>>
>>63178289
>IT'S ILLEGAL
sure, this is suspect moral reasoning, but practically it does cause problems when your husband is locked up for years, shot by gangsters or shot in a DEA raid. as could have happened.

besides she got on board with illegality pretty quickly and started helping. it was when Walt started swaggering around like he was scarface that shit got fucked
>>
>>63179652
she asked for a divorce first. walt flat out refused, and she wasnt willing to snitch on him to the lawyer to get out.

fucking ted (who turned out to be a moron who metaphorically fucked her professionally) was the only action she felt she could take to get out
>>
>>63178442
teenage edgelord, what won't they let you do?

>urrgh fuck off mom i just want to smoke weed with tyler
>it's illegal, michael
>your ignorant fear based logic is infuriating mom! you're just a woman living her useless life!
>>
Get the hell out of here, Vince.
Forgetting that even if your character is morally right, it doesn't make her any less annoying when 95% of her screen time is spent being a passive aggressive bitch.
>>
>>63179576
>being deeply involved in a large meth operation
>implying this somehow would be a big deal

Why? Because it's illegal? No wonder you're defending Skyler you sound like a fucking faggot

>>63179599
She didn't even know about that shit lol, nice try idiot

>>63179731
>she asked for a divorce first. walt flat out refused

Is that why he signed the divorce papers and left them in the house so she could finalize them? Is that why as soon as she found his bag full of cash she decided not to go through with the divorce without telling Walt? Is that why she suddenly decided to start begging Walt to let her get involved with the business? Is that why when Walt said no she went to Saul behind his back and bought the car wash?
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.