[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Lets have a TPB thread. What do you think of the new season coming
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 13
File: IMG_00000036.png (685 KB, 1024x600) Image search: [Google]
IMG_00000036.png
685 KB, 1024x600
Lets have a TPB thread. What do you think of the new season coming out and what are your predictions?
>confirmed snoop cameo
>maybe Seth "dude cUck" and Doug "dude weed lmao" will have a "hilarious" encounter
>even more selling out
>mr lahey has become even gayer for julian
>bubbles is still a whiny, annoying cunt
>Ricky is still a self parody
>J-Roc gets cUcked again
>barb & sarah progressive cis scum lesbian sub plot
>Randy gets cUcked by donna for BBC
>louis ck and sarah silverman cameo
>even more liberal douchebag guest stars and epic stoner humor xD
>>
Fuck off
>>
Haven't watched a single frame of this show because of the look on the face of the one with glasses, and the way they always have his face front and center, as if the glasses were so funny. Fuck.
>>
I've been watching this and I'm wondering where the movies fit in. What is the proper order to watch it?
>>
>>63176486
1. Watch them all
2. Drink Bleach
>>
>>63176471
That's his whole character basically. Is how "funny" he looks and sounds. I noticed that later on in the show his voice must have changed or gotten more cracked as it wasn't as annoying before. Plus there was never really a reason for bubbles to sound like the way he does in the first place.
>>
>>63176471
He bothers the hell out of a friend of mine for the same reason and i can't understand.
>>
>>63176554
Worth watching?
>>
>>63176571
>>63176554
>>63176471
He became a writer in the third season and turned it into the bubbles show
>>
Are any of the movies canon? The first one was kind of like a remake of the first episodes but what the main difference is is that its kind of like an americanization of the show just like the new seasons.
>>
>>63176571
I don't know. It's really stupid but it makes me mad. Something about the mindset of a person that would find that funny.
>>
>>63176554
It's not really though. Conky was bullshit though. They did go too far at one point.
>>
>>63176580
Watch the first five seasons, stop after that.
>>63176604
That explains some things, like why the third season had more focus on bubbles since before he was more of a minor character who sometimes only appeared once or twice.
>>
its the kind of show that stayed the same quality wise over like 7 years, i for one enjoyed every season and all the movies. the last 2 seasons lost a bit of appeal and everyone looked a lot older but at this point its like who cares, they can do whatever they want and id watch it.
>>
>>63176614
Which variation? The one where he appeared in one episode which was decently funny because of ricky, or when it became a plot element before their deal with showcase ended?
>>
This is the best show ever made. All the characters are incorrigible fuck ups, and it's oddly endearing. Helps if you know people like this, though.

It seems you either have to identify with these characters, because you're an idiot, or recognize them from your own life. If you don't fall into one of those categories you'll probably just think the show is stupid.
>>
Ever notice how bubbles always points or atleast raises his one arm all the time? Is that some tic or something or because he can't see well?
>>
>>63176724
Nice blog post
>>
early TPB is the best. the latest shit I won't even watch, it's just sad. all the characters have been flanderized. Although, you can't much blame them since there's so many damn episodes, you're bound to run out of inspiration. I guess they really need to pay the bills
>>
>>63176613
That's not the only reason people find him funny or interesting.

>>63176707
I think i suppressed the memory of the second time. Everything to do with him. Bubbles should be a support character instead of him or his puppet being the focus often. I agree they overused him but it's not the worst character.
>>
its a show with subtle jokes and no laugh tracks that ran over 9 seasons and several movies, and its by no means accessible or normie approved. let that sink in.
>>
>>63176724
This. Most people know a person like ricky where all they do is get high and generally be a fucked up loser or someone like j roc where they're trying to be all cool and tough and come off as complete tools.
>>
>>63176784
show peaked in season 5. season 6 is tolerable but after that it's garbage
>>
Still worth a watch. But i keep forgetting to see the newer ones. Are they on their site or youtube?
>>
dont forget to watch swearnet, the movie where the actors play themselves.
>>
>>63176865
It's Netflix now.
>>
>>63176902
That movie made me cringe so many times i think i lost count
>Robb Wells being a cUck
>JP Tremblay and his "muh dad's legacy" sob story
>Mike Smith being himself, an arrogant unlikable prick
>Pat Roach being humiliated and belittled in every scene
>random carrot top cameo
>that "hilarious" scene at the end where the boys meet with their characters to discuss a tv show
>destroying their own continuity with the camera man following them at the to signify hoe the show began
>>
>>63176819
Nah, the whore house shed motel/oil refinery plot was still pretty funny.
>>
>>63177059
The Tom Green shit was way worse than carrot top.
>>
File: 1448490228029.jpg (40 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1448490228029.jpg
40 KB, 500x500
>>
File: 1448775924925.png (210 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1448775924925.png
210 KB, 500x500
>>
File: ron.jpg (44 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
ron.jpg
44 KB, 500x500
>>
File: 1448869367665.png (175 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
1448869367665.png
175 KB, 500x500
>>
>>63177520
>>63177575
>>63177600
>>63177636
Screencap
>>
Having watched all of the episodes and movies and having considered myself a huge fan... the show is shit now.

> Seasons 1-6 are gold
> Season 7+ get boring/repetitive
> Bubbles character used to be the retarded looking guy who was somehow the smartest/nicest person there. He rarely swore and always gave other people advice. Now he's just an asshole. He swears incessantly and the appeal of his character is just gone.
> Show used to be filmed in low-quality 5:4 picture that helped sell the idea that this was filmed by a bunch of trashy people. New show is all HD widescreen and shatters that illusion.
> Other anons are right in saying every other character has become a parody of themselves
> New characters suck
> Lahey plots just feel contrived
> Entire seasons are now just 1 plotline. Previously every episode was just "another day" and had no real connection to any others.

They honestly should have just quit while they were ahead. The show used to have heart to it. It's unbearable now. I'm guessing they're just shilling out for the retarded fans who find any joke about weed hilarious.
>>
>>63177776
>Bubbles character used to be the retarded looking guy who was somehow the smartest/nicest person there. He rarely swore and always gave other people advice. Now he's just an asshole. He swears incessantly and the appeal of his character is just gone.
That's a good point.
>>
>>63176471

In the first couple of seasons, his character was subtle and added to the charm of the show. Then he started that annoying wheezing shit and they made him the third wheel. I liked him until it became the bubbles show.

Also fuck that puppet, that shit was never funny.
>>
>>63177776

> Entire seasons are now just 1 plotline. Previously every episode was just "another day" and had no real connection to any others.

That's total bullshit.

Entire seasons were one plot line since season 2.

>freedom 35
>small crime for cruise
>sell the huge field of dope

And so on.
>>
>>63177776
Bubbles always swore, but your right on about his character, the whole show is just a self parody now
>>
I did a search for some of their interviews to see how they were in real life and ran into some stuff they did for reddit

The actors that play bubbles and julian came off as pricks, Ricky's actor was pretty laid back and actually called them out for being assholes to the fans.
>>
>>63177856
What's the point of the wheezing like a 70 year old smoker? Its really fucking annoying and bubbles does feel like a third wheel at times.
>>
>>63177900
Exactly.
Season 5 was the hash driveway
Season 6 was Randy being in charge
Season 7 was About Sebastian Bach
>>
>>63177970
I don't know much about JP being a jerk but every TPB fan knows that Mike Smith is a piece of shit manlet
>>
>>63177990

Agreed. Compare how he delivered his lines in the first couple of seasons and how he didn't hog every scene. Sometimes less is more.

I took a break after the first few seasons, and after I returned, I was curious as to why Bubbles was the center character on every cover of their DVD /movie posters.
>>
File: dcuNrTX.gif (4 MB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
dcuNrTX.gif
4 MB, 480x360
>>63177900
>>63178033

You're right. Maybe the new seasons the "main" plots just feel too heavy-handed?

In current seasons, every episode seems to deal with the main plot. In earlier ones we seemed to have more one-offs or episodes less about the main plot, more about shinanigans that would just earn money towards the main plot.

Some of the best episodes were one-offs, like the Delusions of Officer Jim Lahey.
>>
>>63178069

Their excuse was that they were tired from filming a new season, but why force yourself to do a AMA if you're just going to be rude cunts?

I was pleasantly surprised to see how nice Ricky's actor was.
>>
>>63178100
Yeah, before he was kinda quiet and was a bit more of a smartass, now, he's so damn loud and obnoxious while hamming it up that it kinda ruins the joke or the scene.
Reason why bubbs is on the cover of everything is because Mike Smith must be insecure because his dad is red green and tries to rub it in his face that he's more famous than him.
>>
Best scenes?

>Ricky takes his Grade 10 with Cyrus
>Ricky defends himself in court
>The dirty cops try to kill Lahey and Phil
>>
>>63178150
That's probably mike "2 inch" Smith's main excuse is that he was tired from being on set.
>>
>>63176452
frig off bubbles
>>
>>63177520
>>63177575
>>63177600
>>63177636
Fuck off Randy
>>
Drunken Lahey is just the funniest shit ever, I don't give a fuck if people think this show is lowbrow or whatever I will never not find that shit funny
Just finished season 7 and was laughing my fucking ass off at the last few episodes
>>
>>63177776
>literally every tv show that has lived too long, ever

Pretty on the nose about Bubbles though. I don't see the problem with him becoming a major character. He was always pretty big, even early on, despite what echo chamber anons repeating here. They like to pretend that he all of a sudden took center stage somewhere between season 3 or 4, but it was a lot closer to the opening of season 2. Season 1 used him sparingly, I guess. He was always a main character though.
>>
>>63178033
>season 6 was Randy being in charge

I remember early on Randy was always stomping about bitching about he was in charge, or shutting something down. As early as Rub and Tizug. They just keep treading the same water, over and over again.
>>
>>63178286
>Ray pretending he knows shit all about tracking chickens just for the free liquor
>>
File: 1426001808245.png (553 KB, 2560x2489) Image search: [Google]
1426001808245.png
553 KB, 2560x2489
>>63178150
Ricky seems like a total bro in the show even if he is a bit of an asshole sometimes
>you will never get high and drunk as fuck with Ricky and watch action movies all day
Feels bad
>>
>>63178428

My guess is that a lot of the complaints are due to the creator, Mike Clattenburg leaving. I think he knew the show had run its course.

I think the other actors for R/J/B tried doing some other shows (The Drunk and on Drugs Happy Funtime Hour) but they all sucked.
>>
>>63178376
Drunken Lahey might be the worst bit of the show, especially now in the later seasons. It's so beyond over the top and forced. Idk what's worse, that or the blatant gay shit with him and Randy. After the rocvodka pool I don't think I even want to know what's next for Laheys liquored up horror show antics.
>>
>>63178467
They're also making all the creative decisions now for TPB, Clattenburg packed it in when they called it quits, before signing on with Netflix and making Don't Legalize It. Which probably explains why its so forced and painfully unfunny at times.
>>
>>63178470
I still find it funny
The way Lahey sounds like he is about to collapse from alcohol poisoning and the boys are like "Fuck off Lahey you fucking drunkard christ"
I don't give a fuck
>>
>>63178464
Despite all his fuckery, Ricky was a great guy, pretty good friend too except for the shit with Bubble's shed and letting him take the blame for Ray's trailer. The episode where Ricky blows thru $38k really shows a lot of bright bits about him as a person.
>>
>>63178499
Its beyond unfunny at this point. I find it amazing that everyone bitches about Bubbles bullshit, but no one bats an eye at yet another "Jim Lahey is a fucking drunk bastard and nothing will ever change that shitleopards stripes" episode.

And how many times are they going to recycle those "alright I'll sign this but first you have to x my y right in the z in front of all these people" scenes?
>>
I'm surprised to see people complaining about bubbles, it's usually a circle jerk around here with that fucking character.

I like JROC, but if that mafucka became a main id get tired of his shit too.

>insert that wheezing shit bubbles does
>>
>>63178551

Yeah the fuckery with ownership of the park has gotten beyond overdone.
>>
>>63176426
Didn't even make it through the last season due to the total meme "army" character they had.

They had a good run, but without the original team to edit the show and help with the ideas, it's pretty much ass.
>>
Jacob seemed to be in his late teens when he first appeared, Trinity was just a little girl. Hell, Jacob banged Sarah who looked after Trinity as a girl.

Fucking trailer park life, that's the way she goes.
>>
>>63178585
>that awful HRRRRRAAAAAAH thing JRoc starts doing in the Netflix seasons

truly insufferable
>>
>>63178744
>Jacob banged Sarah

u wot m8, mixing up the twiggy armed alien fuck goofs again?
>>
I know we all like to shit on bubbles but really every character has gotten stale and annoying
>>
>>63178860

I'd agree, but Cyrus hasn't change a damn bit and that's good

>fuck off I got work to do
>>
what if the show stayed true to the original idea and was cops from a criminals perspective. Where it was darker, ricky and julian were hired animal killers, and instead of weed they used cocaine.
>>
>>63178970
>Julian and Ricky are still small time crooks
>Trevor and Cory are the shooters that can't shoot straight or hit anything
>they botch hit after hit after hit
>Cyrus is a biker affiliated with the Hell's Angels
>Sam is a greasy vet moonlighting as a back alley surgeon and selling painkillers thru the boys
>Bubbles is more of a voice of reason than a participant in the crimes, or just sticks to his cart gig

I wish the show would have stayed true to it's roots, but that probably would have gotten old too and we'd be bitching that the show is too dark. Vice recently released an article about the "real life" Trailer Park Boys and my LORD is it greasy. Makes Cyrus and Sam and the flappy bird brothers cocaine operation look like a yard furniture stealing ring.
>>
>>63179085
I need video to prove it. One thing, everyone knows that vice is liberal propaganda so is it super biased or not?
>>
>>63179123
http://www.vice.com/read/the-melvins-vs-the-marriotts-the-bizarre-violent-story-of-nova-scotias-real-life-trailer-park-boys

one of the guys at the center of the story, Jimmy Jr, made a Jrock like rap video wherein he flaunts money, bullet wounds and a colostomy bag, and brags that he's a real gangster. He posted it on his website www.realstreetshit.com, or something like that.
>>
>>63179176
tl;dr summarize it please
>>
This is the most cUckolded show on history
>>
File: 1421043825365.jpg (63 KB, 614x411) Image search: [Google]
1421043825365.jpg
63 KB, 614x411
>>63179235
I got ur tl;dr right here arsehole
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rzjv2Uj9xAo
>>
>>63176426
They won't get Louis CK he costs too much for them, but the rest is 100% accurate.
>>
>>63179382
Fuck you cunt i will kick your ass, i have cataracts asshole.
>>
>>63179539
I'm not gonna summarize all that shit just because you can't read
>>
>>63179539
Here's your summary: Shit got real.
>>
>>63179611
How so?
>>63179595
Are you trying to trigger me? Just how insensitive can you get? What do you have against visual impairment?
>>
>>63179649
Like trailer park boys but real.

You asked for a summary, not a synopsis.
>>
>>63179649
What does your visual impairment have against the text that can be copied from vice.com that it doesn't have here now?
>>
>>63179712
But how fucking so?!
>>
>>63179736
Because you hurt my feelings, fuck you
>>
>>63179749
In the manner of a trailer park boys plot, only shit go real.
>>
>>63179649
>Are you trying to trigger me?

I'm not trying to be insensitive, I'm too tired to give that article a worthwhile summary. What are you even doing on the internet if you're visual impaired? Is this some sort of weak bait? You can't read the article but you can read these posts?

It's a long fucking article that I already read a week ago and I don't remember half of it do to heavy pot usage and being stoned out of my gourd. You were talking about if TPB stayed and got greasier, well that's exactly what that article was about. Those guys make TPB look like a cartoon. 160 murders in two years, brothers killing brothers. It's reads like a trailer park Hatfield and McCoy.
>>
>>63179766
Psychosomatic symptoms like hysterical blindness can only be cured when you quit being a faggot, though.
>>
>>63179766
You instantly came out with the tl;dr, which tells me you skimmed it, saw it was too long for your ADHD riddled minuscule attention span and are now triggered that someone isn't giving you a blow by blow. But your visual impairment isn't stopping you from reading the text here...hmm...
>>
>>63179766
>>63179649
>triggered
>muh feelings

tumblrite landwhale detected
>>
>>63179799
Like fucking what?
>>63179804
I have a program that reads posts and i have a microphone to add to the board. Stop being insensitive.
>>
>>63179872
>stereotyping feelings and sensitivities from an actual impairment
>tumblr of all places
>implying im a whale which is also stereotypical
You need to be ashamed of yourself.
>>
>>63179881
Why are you in a TPB thread if you don't understand what a single TPB plot is and why the consequences are never very real, are you ignorant or underage?
>>
>>63179881
Just use the Narrator for the other tab, too, then.
>>
>>63179969
Daddy wont let me watch xD
>>
>>63179989
I don't know how
>>
>>63179968
You need to stop forcing your handicap upon other people on an anonymous image board. No one cares, sorry. For all I know your b8ing/lying just for shits n gigs
>>
>>63178428
>as early as Rub and Tizug

More like as early as I've Met Cats and Dogs Smarter Than Trevor And Corey

>>63178286
Ricky falling down the hill in his mall cop uniform
>>
How come ricky never stole another car if the crap mobile is a piece of junk?
>>
>>63180012
An eyedrop of bleach will cauterize the cataracts and make them molt out of your eyeballs, but your doctor probably already told you that.
>>
>>63180090
Thanks i will try that newfriend ;)
>>
Best Episodes from each season?

1: Mr. Lahey's got my porno tape
2: What in the fuck happened to my trailer park
3: Who's the microphone assassin?
4: Rub n Tizug
5: Give peace a chance
6: High definition piss jugs
7: Jump the cheeseburger
8: Friends with the benedicts
9: Piss
>>
Swag
>>
File: tpbdrunkbastard.png (403 KB, 640x480) Image search: [Google]
tpbdrunkbastard.png
403 KB, 640x480
GET OFF THE STAGE YOU DRUNK BASTARD
>>
>>63176452
this tbqh
>>
N1gger
>>
>>63178144
Loved that one
>>
>>63182139
Jim was scary in that episode.
>>
Vince the pince
>>
>>63182167
>tfw the closest we got to psychotic lahey was in propane, propane and working man but even then it was quite silly
>no threatening crazey jim lahey
>>
Trailer Park Boys is overrated shit and you guys know it. This thought is all over this thread, even if not said out loud.
>>
File: doesitforfree.jpg (5 KB, 134x135) Image search: [Google]
doesitforfree.jpg
5 KB, 134x135
>>63180628
You don't wanna offend the almighty moderators. Permavirgin neets who live with their grandma who are also brony sonic furfags who browse "epic" memes on reddit and post them on 4chan thinking they'll get upvotes. They use this small amount of power to delete threads they don't like because they are failures in life. The mods are first rate soCial jusTice warrIor communist cUcks.
>>
File: 1444583121956.jpg (45 KB, 500x375) Image search: [Google]
1444583121956.jpg
45 KB, 500x375
>>63182404
>>
File: jroc.jpg (24 KB, 443x193) Image search: [Google]
jroc.jpg
24 KB, 443x193
I only watch it for my main nigga J to the R-O-C
>>
File: 1440630216088.jpg (150 KB, 910x910) Image search: [Google]
1440630216088.jpg
150 KB, 910x910
>>63183396
>>
holy shit this is what candians think is funny?

this is worse than king of the hill.

literally nothing funny happens ever.
>>
>>63186034
Kill yourself

How could you not find this funny?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gl7sjnKbxZI
>>
>>63177856
this times a million, even ricky has become a little bad with rickyisms every other line
>>
>>63186427
I dunno. Friends with the benedicts was pretty funny.
Thread replies: 121
Thread images: 13

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.