[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
what is the oldest movie you have seen?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6
File: fa.jpg (115 KB, 749x1001) Image search: [Google]
fa.jpg
115 KB, 749x1001
what is the oldest movie you have seen?
>>
>>63175929
Phantom Menace
>>
>>63175929
Probably either Sunrise: A Song Of Two Humans or A Train Arrives At The Station, if you want to get technical about it.
>>
Fatty Arbuckle did nothing wrong.
>>
roundhay garden scene haha
>>
File: 9699939_orig.gif (23 KB, 344x400) Image search: [Google]
9699939_orig.gif
23 KB, 344x400
Oldest that I know of?
Frankenstein, 1910 version.
>>
>>63175929
Better question: What is the oldest film you can watch and engage with on the same level as a modern film? I would say probably Sunrise: A song of two humans
>>
I've seen dinosaur and the missing link and some Chaplin stuff

But the thing I remember most is the first Lost World from the 20s
>>
>>63175929
great train robbery 1903, was used a little bit in the beginning of tombstone.
>>
>>63177039
What? You're literally a faggot.
>>
File: The-wolfman.jpg (56 KB, 302x450) Image search: [Google]
The-wolfman.jpg
56 KB, 302x450
I need to get around to watching the rest of these, I just saw it was on Netflix and popped it on since it was only an hour long

I enjoyed it
>>
>>63177252
(you)
>>
L'Arrivée d'un train en gare de La Ciotat
>>
uhh a trip to the moon like everyone else on this board???
>>
>>63177427
I never bothered watching it because I didn't care
>>
The Great Train Robbery

It's actually pretty good too.
>>
>>63177485
It's not even 15 minutes long.How pleb can you be?
>solve 50 street sign captchas
>>
>>63175929
Nosferatu

Top-tier spookiness btw senpai.
>>
>>63177422
Does that translate to "I'm a faggot?"
>>
File: url.jpg (8 KB, 309x163) Image search: [Google]
url.jpg
8 KB, 309x163
>>63177581
>>
>>63175929
Fred Ott's Sneeze. Based Edison.

Also, Buster Keaton's The General. His leading lady quit after the production because it took about a year, and she believed that movies took too long to make.
>>
File: Transformers07.jpg (131 KB, 300x421) Image search: [Google]
Transformers07.jpg
131 KB, 300x421
ITT: Pretentious idiots circlejerk.
>>
>>63177668
What a dumbo. Keaton is so great.
>>
probably a trip to the moon

i took a film class once and saw a bunch of old movies, but i'm actually pretty pleb :/
>>
>>63177668

atleast we got the goat movie poster out of it, i think buster keaton had the best movie posters in film history.
>>
File: satan.jpg (108 KB, 500x620) Image search: [Google]
satan.jpg
108 KB, 500x620
The Sorrows of Satan from '26; it used to be free to watch online (youtube), Im sure it's in the public domain somewhere. Worth a watch if you like that old school poe-esque shit.

I have the Cabinet of Dr. Caligari downloaded too ...once I watch that it will take the mantle for oldest flick.
>>
>>63177973
That looks like a fun one. I'm going to try to track down SoS.
>>
>>63177973
Faustian pacts are the best :)

The Most Dangerous Game is another good one about a people-hunter, they filmed it on skull island at the same time as King Kong.

Internet Archive is a great resource if anyone here likes the old timey stuff
Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.