[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is it about The Godfather that makes people love it so much?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5
File: godfather.png (948 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
godfather.png
948 KB, 1920x1080
What is it about The Godfather that makes people love it so much? I mean, it's great, but in a world of plebs who don't watch anything made before Jaws, what does this three-hour drama have that makes so many people love it? Besides underage boobs. I can't think of any other film that is equally as loved by critics and the public.
>>
What boobs? I don't remember seeing boobs and I saw this yesterday
>>
>>63174424

Michaels wife in italy? She looks like she had no nipples.

I had no idea she was underage.
>>
File: girl.jpg (6 KB, 200x231) Image search: [Google]
girl.jpg
6 KB, 200x231
>>63174449
Yep. She was 16.
>>
The gangster shit is exciting while the core themes of duty to family, living up to your father and the loss of the "old way" are relatable to the majority of people. Michael's arc is very simple but highly detailed.
It was made at the cusp of New Hollywood, and feels simultaneously old and modern. It feels like your watching a "classic" without any of the problems a casual movie watcher might have for an old film (black and white, stunted dialogue and acting, self-cencorship, "slow" etc)
It's also just a top to bottom masterpiece in craftsmanship. The writing, acting, dialogue, cinematography, pacing, score; everything is so on point and the material so accessible that any average person can appreciate it
>>
>>63174935
That makes sense. It really is a masterpiece. It's interesting how of all the classic movies, this is the one that even plebs like.
>>
File: moe-greene.jpg (171 KB, 1560x1040) Image search: [Google]
moe-greene.jpg
171 KB, 1560x1040
DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?
>>
>>63175296
Moe literally did nothing wrong. Fuck those gangster thug assholes.
>>
>>63175246
Well, what other one could fit?
>>
File: moegreen.jpg (14 KB, 330x251) Image search: [Google]
moegreen.jpg
14 KB, 330x251
>>63175296
You're a reference to impress my film professor.
>>
>>63175296
Moe Greene
>More Money
POTTERY
>>
>>63175362
>impressed by godfather reference
>professor
>>
>>63175321
but he did do something wrong, he acted like an asshole to the very family that got made him get his hotel in the first place
>>
File: battleship-potemkin-2.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
battleship-potemkin-2.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
>>63175450
>thinking i'm referencing the godfather
>>
>>63175362
This just in. Moe Green is OUT of the Tropicana
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.