[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This show is seemingly untouched by /tv/'s jaded cynical
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 179
Thread images: 11
File: idjits.jpg (67 KB, 570x238) Image search: [Google]
idjits.jpg
67 KB, 570x238
This show is seemingly untouched by /tv/'s jaded cynical hatred. Why? Or am i asleep when this show is talked about?

Personally i think it's one of the best long running shows. It certainly wouldn't be as successful if the two leads didn't get along.
>>
>>63174127
The show is loved by tumblrinas and Facebook
>>
>>63174248
Which is even more confusing as to why /tv/ doesn't shit all over it.
>>
>>63174127
Because no one on /tv/ (even the people who watch it) think it's good.
>>
>>63174367
Must suck not liking things. Ackles is a pretty ace actor.
>>
No one talks about this show because no one thinks its worth talking about.

Its middle ground entertainment. Not good or bad enough to be discussed.
>>
>>63174127
I know its for teen girls but I can't stop watching it. Its comfy as fuck tbch my fellow human
>>
>>63174248

i just love it for the bromance, it's a comfy show, even if the plot and story is mostly bad
>>
>>63174463
I know them feels. The amount of teen melodrama is insane but ive watched it since the beginning and i'll keep watching it til it ends.
>>
It isn't. It was a super popular show on /tv/ at one point in time but a lot of people moved on after season 5 or just stopped caring.
>>
>>63174397
Oh I enjoy it, but it's not good. It's kind of a guilty pleasure for me, no matter how bad it gets at times, I just keep going. Sometimes I'll even admit it has some pretty good high points.
>>
>>63174519
I think the bromance is why the show has lasted as long as it has.
>>
I wish they'd go back to the format where every episode was a new ghost. God/Angels/Demons storyline is so boring now
>>
>>63174652
I agree, they have dangled the God plotline for far too long now. The monster of the week format was fantastic.
>>
>>63174696
What pisses me off more than either are the standalone ones that break up the overarching plot though. I wish they'd just stick to standalone, otherwise they all just feel like filler.
>>
>>63174367
>speaking for an entire community
>>
>>63174284
That's the thing: while it's technically a tumblr show, it has just enough comfy decency for it to get a pass. Flies under the radar.
>>
>>63174284
No one on /tv/ watches it so no one cares. Like for most of daytime television.
>>
>all these retards ITT

we've been having weekly supernatural live threads since 2009
>>
>>63175159
This is an acceptable explanation. Thanks anon.
>>
I enjoy the show senpai.
>>
Loved this show for the first few seasons. The heaven and angels and demons and then the leviathan shit made me completely lose interest.
>>
I know its been stated a million times but it really should have ended when Sam jumped into the pit. But let's look at some of the flaws circling since
>Cockteasing God to the point where you don't care anymore
>Current big bad is literally "the darkness" aka we're low on ideas
>most of the supernatural monsters are now laughably easy to kill. Remember when demons/angels were menacing? Stab. Done.
>They had an interesting thing with death/God and now that's thrown out
>Leviathans feel a bit out of place
>Men of Letters is literally nothing now
>Felicia Day was a reoccurring character for some reason
>>
>>63175254
I stepped out with the leviathan shit too, then came back and pushed through it. S8,9 and 10 were pretty great though. S6 and 7 were hard to get through.
>>
File: 1448352887834.jpg (49 KB, 638x377) Image search: [Google]
1448352887834.jpg
49 KB, 638x377
The most hilarious thing about Supernatural having a large Tumblr fanbase is that quite a few of the castmembers are right-leaning.

Travis Wester: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m3N5pjuOUBQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1YLVUrXc75A

Jensen Ackles: Father is a pro-life anchor (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vR6jc5_I2_E) and he triggered a slash fan asking about Dean possibly being bisexual by telling her not to "ruin it for everybody"

Genevieve Padalecki: Donated to $3,000 to Romney in 2012 (http://www.campaignmoney.com/political/contributions/genevieve-padalecki.asp?cycle=12)
>>
>>63175342
I wish they didn't add that last shot of sam watching Dean from outside. then i could have just stopped watching there. But instead they put that cunt outside and kept me hooked.
>>
>>63174127
It's just one of those show that coast by, No one really hates it but no one is crazy about it anymore either
at this point I'm just waiting for a satisfying ending.

And to be honest I kind of want to see these two star in a different show or even a movie.
>>
>>63175517
The tumblr scums likes Misha and those shipping degeneracy.

I also find it wierd that they have a tumblr tier fanbase since this is so Man centric.
Dean almost pukes when he find out the larping guys were gay, and almost every plot is advanced by killing a woman character.

Its almost as if the writers and producers knows what kind of fans they have and trying their best to get rid of them.
>>
>>63175116
I'd say >95% of /tv/ thinks it isn't very good. they might enjoy it, find it fun sometimes, but I've almost never heard someone praise the show beyond being kind of fun, at least not since season 5.
>>
The show could have been very very good from seasons 2-5 but it suffered for various reasons. 2 took too long to transition from monster of the week to plot-driven, 3 suffered heavily due to the writer's strike. Bella's character in particular just got relegated to meaninglessness for no reason. 4 was good but I hated what they did for Ruby's character. You'd think that she had some other motivation or at least was smart enough to not brag about tricking Sam (certainly signing her own death warrant). 5 is solid though, All are good seasons.
>>
It should honestly just go back to MotW with no real seasonal plot until the show gets cancelled.
>>
It's a terrible show but it's still kinda comfy half-watching it as it plays in the background, like SVU.
>>
File: image.jpg (44 KB, 511x639) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
44 KB, 511x639
>>63175805
I'm sure the worst part for them is that they have to regularly go to conventions where fans pay the company hosting them a hundred dollars to take a picture with them in any pose the customer chooses.
>>
>>63176234
Jesus, he looks terrified.
>>
>>63175342
dont forget
>the writers made an episode where Dean wanted to fuck a dog at one point.
>>
Jesus fuck its been six years since the killed luci..

The show was very different in its first three seasons from what it has become.

It got regular threads up to season 5 when the creator left and it went completely dull.

There are still threads on it sometimes and I expect quite a few with the upcoming series finale,
the ones like me that still watch and post about it are the hardcore completionists that are forced by autism to see it through to the end.
>>
>>63176449
Series finale? Is this confirmed the final season?
>>
>>63175517
Don't forget Pellegrino.
>>
>>63176234
>if only you knew how bad things really were
>>
>>63174558
Most of the first few seasons are amazing and I think that it kind of fills the whole left by x files and their similar in that they both have two leads with great chemistry
>>
>>63176475
Not anytime soon. studio execs have said as long as the ratings hold and the leads want to continue, it will. Season 12 already confirmed.
>>
>>63176523
I watched the first season again a little while ago and the whole atmosphere and look of the show is completely different. Jensen and Jared were still settling into their roles, and some episodes were definite misses, but it was pretty good. The music too, I forgot how much rock they used to put in almost every episode.
>>
>>63174284
>Which is even more confusing as to why /tv/ doesn't shit all over it.
It's not confusing when you realize that 4chan is just the rightwing of identity politics social media. The ying to tumblr's yang
>>
In the middle of season 8 right now. Good God they have ruined Castiel's character. He's just a retarded walking meme factory at this point.
>>
>>63176475
I think so, yes

When Jeremy Carver took over he said he had a story planned up to Season 10, since eleven has only two episodes left I assumed they stretched it to now to squeeze the last bit out of it.

Just checked and found that this season will still have 23 episodes, I assumed it would only have 2 left since the rest doesnt have an air date so yeah maybe it will still go on.

Oh god this could go on till one of them dies
>>
Stopped being good after season 4 or 5, i lost track
Stopped watching last season or this one i don't even know anymore.
>>
>>63174519
>>63174574
Dude the Dean is such a faggot for his brother that it's unsettling. The shit he says and does for Sam is not normal brotherly love. It's fucking unsettling.
>>
>>63176679
I mean when literally every other person around you dies, and your brother is literally your only connection to the world left, you're probably a little fucked in the head
>>
>>63174127
2 handsome dudes appeals to everyone. women, gays, men. We want to watch attractive men do things, we get bored of attractive women and want them to be interchangeable. This is why male actors have much more successful and longer careers than female ones.
>>
This season has been eh. The Darkness reveal was absolutely cringeworthy. But "Baby" on the other hand was the best episode they whipped out in years.
>>
>>63176713
this. Dean is one fucked up dude.
>>
>Every season introduce brand new villains
>These new villains are always way more powerful than the previous ones
>Winchester brothers now facing cosmic entities and forms with God-like powers
>All these cosmic entities do is punch and kick people like they are in a bar brawl
>Always ending trapped or defeated by some cunning plan because some whatever book explain how to get rid of deities by drawing something on a door or whatever
It was funny in the beginning, now it's just tiresome
>>
Sam and Dean got offers to play Captain America and Thor for Marvel but choose to keep this shit going instead
>>
>>63176717
Attractive and incredibly likable too both on and off screen.
>>
>>63176649
It's time to axe Carver and bring Kripke back. I know he probably wants nothing to do with it, but he's got nothing going for him right now at all. Revolution failed and he's currently working on developing a carbon copy of Limitless for USA which will likely go nowhere.
>>
>>63175206
And?
/a/ was having Naruto threads since 2003?

Fuck off with that flimsy excuse.
>>
>>63174127
Used to love it. Dropped it after around 5 seasons. It was ridiculously cheesy and silly even before the Leviathans but with start of 6th-7th season it became clear as day that even writers couldn't believe that people still watch this shit. Hell, they even made an episode where in an alternate reality Dean and Sam are just washed up actors that feel the need to do something greater than playing those two shtick characters.
>>
>>63176765
I would like Dean to play Hawkeye. Then I might not fucking hate Hawkeye.
>>
>>63176765
They got call-backs, but didn't get the part. The producers even said that they could work something out for them if they got a superhero movie offer and keep the show going like Cumberbatch and Sherlock.
>>
>>63176765
>got offers

They were never serious offers though. I wish fucking J2 fanboys would stop spouting this shit meme.
>>
File: DESTIEL.gif (476 KB, 245x138) Image search: [Google]
DESTIEL.gif
476 KB, 245x138
>Dean almost pukes when he find out the larping guys were gay, and almost every plot is advanced by killing a woman character.
>Implying Dean is a homophobe

>>63176713
>>63176736
And what about Cas? He's gets resurrected just as many times as either of the brothers not to mention that he's fallen from grace over and over again for their punk asses but does Dean give a shit? No. He goes around telling Cas he's like family but then tells Sam 'To hell with Cas' I only care about you.

Meanwhile, when Dean was in Hell and in Purgatory Sam wasn't even TRYING to look for a way to save him. But Dean always gives that fucker a pass because MUH FAMILY!

Seriously, Dean acts full homo for his brother and it's fucking sickening.
>>
>>63176822
Jensen has never called out what a fucking terrible character Charlie was, until that day comes, I'm okay with Slut man staying on as Hawkeye.
>>
>>63176815
That episode basically implied that our universe is Godless. I found that interesting.
>>
>>63176602

I caught a few early season reruns too... when the fuck did Dean's voice become so gravelly?
>>
>>63176929
For tumblr standards I would assume they would think his character is.
>>
File: jensen.jpg (69 KB, 511x639) Image search: [Google]
jensen.jpg
69 KB, 511x639
>>63176234
>>
>>63176234

the weak must fear the strong
>>
>>63175342
>Felicia Day is not only a reoccurring character, but a le epic nerd lesbian xDDD dont hit on her silly boys character
>she will forcibly remind you of this in every single scene
>>
CARRY
>>
>>63176965
It became some kind of fun/weird competition between Jensen and Misha to out growl one another with their voices.
Eventually, Jared joined in too.

>>63175517
Why is she a conservative when her husband is such a bitch?
Depression is meme condition for rich white liberal assholes who don't know true suffering.
>>
>>63177012
ON
>>
>>63176979
Nah, Jensen legit loves his fanbase of all shapes and sizes.
>>
File: 1443663326895.jpg (72 KB, 312x306) Image search: [Google]
1443663326895.jpg
72 KB, 312x306
>>63176996
I've only seen the first episode she appeared in. How many is she in after that?
>>
>>63177036
around 7 or so. she gets hers though and it's glorious
>>
>>63176929
Yeah that pissed me off that Sam didn't do shit. After he looked for ways to bring him back from hell AND when gabe had him killed in that one reality.

But protecting Sam is what Dean has been told to do since day 1. That and hunting is all he's ever known, he never had years of being normal like Sam did, just that one year of Lisa. So when shit boils down it will ALWAYS come back to protecting Sammy
>>
>>63177033
MY
>>
>>63176996
God I hated her in the show. She literally inserted herself into her favorite show as the little sister character that they never fucking needed.
>>
>>63177033
MY
>>
>>63177051
>it's glorious

No it wasn't. Dean literally goes ape shit and kills an innocent kid. It was a load of bullshit. He barely even fucking knew her. He has experienced worse and reacted less. Fuck the writers for trying to pretend she ever mattered. And fuck you.
>>
>>63177035
Says who, or are you joking?
>>
>>63177123
And before anyone says it was the Mark, fuck off, don't excuse the writers crappy attempt to make the audience try to care about Charlie "Camelfaced" Bradbury.
>>
>>63177123
it was the Mark of Cain that made him lose his shit
>>
my gripes used to be
>all ancient mystic things are in the US
then
>all of the US look like Canada
now
>all of the US look like sets

Also why did they never meet a real trickster?
Trickster was best monster
>>
>>63177073
>>63177089
WAYWARD
>>
>>63177061
>>63176929

Was this at the end of season 3
I thought Sam said he tried everything, even making deals with demons but no one will take it.
So he went for revenge mode and tracks down Lilith with ruby on the side.
>>
>>63177123
>>63177123
>>63177123
>>63177123
>>63177123
>>63177123
This so fucking bad it hurts. Goes ape shit and kills an innocent kid because Charly, who he bearly fucking knew, got but proceeds to beat the shit out of Cas, who he's know for 6 or seven years now, because "How dear you keep shit from me" even though it was Sam who forced him into lying in the first place.
>>
>>63177123
You misunderstand, i say its glorious because that dumb cunt character is dead.
>>
>>63177187
SON
>>
>>63177078
A real fucking Scrappy Doo.
>>
>>63176996
Im glad they killed her off, I wish her death was more graphic.
>>
>>63177219
THEY'LL
>>
>>63177253
BE
>>
>>63177271
PEACE
>>
>>63177036
Dude you don't even know. Just about every other scene has her making a reference to how LE NERDY XD she is, or how she is into women. I mean this, I'm not exagerating here dude.
>>
>>63177284
WHEN
>>
File: 1274849246995.png (51 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
1274849246995.png
51 KB, 400x400
>>63175805
>and trying their best to get rid of them.

You are out of your goddamn mind if you really believe that bullshit. Tell what kind of fucking drugs you are on, I need a hit of that.

The writers kill off any girls that get close to the brothers, can't threaten my yaoi pairings, but never kill off Lord of the Cu-cks Misha "Tumblr Favorite" Collins despite his character turning to shit after S6. They also introduce shit characters that pander to tumblr like Charlie.

This show does everything to retain both the tumblr fanbase and the original male fanbase.
>>
>>63177299
YOU
>>
>>63177368
Maybe this is the reason why the show never really satisfy anyone.
Or maybe tumblrinas are holding on to their fantasy and trying to convince themselves that this show caters to their idiology.

At least they killed off charlie
>>
>>63177467
ARE
>>
>>63177368
>mfw the cheesy monster of the week stuff featuring aspects from all cultures is gone
>now we have the DARKNESS, more angels and deamons shit

when will they bring it back bro
>>
>>63177521
That's a step in the right direction.
However, I won't be satisfied until Cas is gone too, which will never happen since both sides of the fandom like him too much.

>>63177548
Never. Most of my dudebro normie douchebag friends like the change in direction. None of them will admit the show has gone downhill since S5. We are a silent, ignored minority.
>>
>>63177547
DONE
>>
>>63177601
LAY
>>
>>63177640
YOUR
>>
>>63177368
Misha's Cas could still be a good character but they don't allow him to get really close to anyone else exempt for Dean, and Dean regularly treats the guy like his personal emotional and physical punching bag everytime he has a tantrum.

I honestly don't understand why the writers haven't just gone and made Sam and Cas good friends already since there characters seem to talk pretty easily with one another unlike the dysfunctional shit that goes on between him and Dean.
>>
>>63177587
Why do you hate Cas so much? He's a decent character. I would rather Sam be gone since he doesn't really do shit anymore except be his brothers keeper.
>>
>>63177737
Remember when Sam had really fucking cool demon powers?

Fuck this show.
>>
>>63177587
Charlie was Tumblr incarnate. Cas was a character way before they started latching onto him.
>>
>>63177737
>>63177783
I hate what he has become. I liked him to begin with, but his character to me never felt that he should have stayed longer than 2 maybe 3 seasons. And then came the bastardization that ruined him for me.

>>63177697
I like this idea but I'm not sure if the current batch of writers would have made it worked.
>>
>>63177253
Fuck you
>>
>>63177902
harsh
>>
>Remember when Sam had really fucking cool demon powers?
Yeah, what the fuck ever happened to those again? I can't remember.

>>63177863
I don't even know why Sam's still in the show. Looking at his character he's tried to get away from Dean's borderline homo possessiveness and "family business" shit over and over again and it seems completely out of character that he would keep choosing his brother every fucking time.

Castiel staying on the other hand makes sense because he was sent by god to save Dean from Hell and to watch over his dumb ass. The both of them know no other life then fighting the forces of evil and if the writers weren't such morons, they would have been foxhole brothers in arms a long fucking time ago.
>>
>>63177969
Then maybe you should learn to speak fucking American you dumb retard
>>
>>63178123
i honestly dont remember what happened to the demon blood plot. it just stopped.
>>
>>63178162
this kid
>>
>>63178197
They'll isn't the right lyric you fuckfaced cunt, it's there'll. fuck
>>
So why do people on here call Misha a kek? He had a three some with his wife and her friend, who is a chick. Shouldn't that be "living the dream" on here?
>>
>>63178351
This is a wholesome Christian image board, so things like that are hated here.
>>
>>63177248
The hilarious thing is in the episode where she was divided into Good Charlie and Bad Charlie, the Good Charlie was no longer gay.
>>
>>63178496
>the Good Charlie was no longer gay.
I thought she just didn't have a libido anymore
>>
I just wish they stuck to real mythology like before instead of making up shit like this...

>Frankenstein was real but fucked up
>Wizard of Oz was real but fucked up
>Reapers are angels
>The Darkness is God's sister
>The whole concept of the Leviathans
>>
>>63178351
Probably because he's one of the only liberal cast members and the most loved by the Tumblrites.
>>
>>63178590
>liberal cast members
By that definition Jared should be a kek too
>and the most loved by the Tumblrites
It's not his fault tumblr cunts like his character.
>>
>>63175342
The Men of Letters stuff rejuvenated my interest in the show, and then it went nowhere outside of saving the showrunners saving money by having Sam and Dean holed up in their base for half the episodes. What a damn shame.
>>
File: literalprostitution.jpg (211 KB, 1978x601) Image search: [Google]
literalprostitution.jpg
211 KB, 1978x601
>>63176234
Fuck. You're right.
>>
>tfw not a hunk like Sam and Dean
>>
>>63175225
I watch for the actors.
>>
i wish they didn't kill off that cute asian twink back in season 9, i liked him tbqh fa(m)
>>
>>63178561
Don't forget:
>No one knows where ghosts go after you burn their remains
>lol nevermind they just go to Heaven/Hell like everyone else, pretty much nullifying all the drama behind Bobby being a ghost

Any lore this show had has been absolutely assraped over the years.
>>
>>63178791
His character provided nothing to the plot after that season. Then again, they keep Castiel around for some reason.
>>
>>63178561
i think they retconned the idea of reapers being angels
they had that one reaper at the beginning threatening sam, saying that a new player was in town

it's probably all bullshit but who care
>>
>>63174127
first 5 seasons are legit top tier television, 6 and onwards is not worth talking about
>>
>>63178827
>All this Castiel hate
His purposes has been stated in this thread already. It's like you just want to perpetuate hate for his characters just because tumblr cunts like him.
>>
They should have made Sam and Dean more interesting over time, or maybe that's just not possible, I don't know. It's a shame because I enjoyed it quite a bit but I lost all interest at some point.
>>
>>63179178
They are just stuck in a character rut now. There isn't much of a real threat to them anymore, like a poster above said Angels and Demons used to be terrifying now the boys just deal with them like any old monster. Remember in the 2nd episode they were shit scared of a wendigo for christ sake. Now they constantly spit in the face of THE KING OF HELL. pretty stupid. I watch it these days for those rare emotional scene where the two leads get to really get their acting chops on. Last time i remember it being a thing was season 8 finale where dean convinced sam not to close the gates of hell. that shit was intense and really well acted. The mark of cain wrap up was meh, i knew dean wouldn't kill sam so it wasn't as dramatic. At least now with the reapers doing there own thing if one of the boys dies they stay dead. well that's what they are sticking with for now, gives a bit of tension to shit again but not much since Amara wot let dean die.

Just bring Luci back and it'll be fun again.
>>
>At least now with the reapers doing there own thing if one of the boys dies they stay dead.
Until God decides to resurrect them for the millionth time.
>>
>>63179672
They're doing a lot of God teasing this year, I doubt he's going to show up though
>>
>>63179672
Yeah this. I mean realistically there wouldnt be a show if one of them died though. If sam died and stayed dead Dean would either go insane or kill himself. and if Dean died and stayed dead Sam would be sad then probably live a solitary life. not much of a show either way.
>>
>If sam died and stayed dead Dean would either go insane or kill himself.
Sam at this point should just go on and live a normal life already. I don't know what the point of his character is anymore. Cas and Dean are basically solders in a war against evil while Sam for the most part just tags along and does all the research.
>>
>>63179774
If he wasn't there who else would say "So get this" ???
>>
>>63179774
When they first introduced the Men of Letters shit I thought they'd be restarting the order or something with Sam running the place while Dean went out with other hunters to do the dirty work. But I guess that was too much to hope for
>>
>>63179859
They really missed the mark with the Men of Letters plot. Dunn why they ditched it, it was pretty refreshing.
>>
>>63176953
In the Supernatural universe, God had to cause severe damage to himself in order to grant everyone souls and free will. That's why souls (especially in season 6) are so important - they're literally a small piece of God's power, with an intact human soul being the most powerful (Angel souls can be destroyed, human ones can't - only twisted until they become demon souls, at which point they can be destroyed, but they're no longer human)

It's also why God barely does anything - even millennia later, he's still recovering from the damage he did to himself
>>
>>63177231
At least Scrappy was occasionally funny
>>
Remember when Michael told the Winchesters that they were direct descendants of Cain, which is why Sam was the only option to be Lucifer's vessel? Neither do the writers.
>>
1-5 were great. 6 was absolute dogshit and I quit half way through it.
>>
>>63179894
I hope they make something of it without useless retcons.
>>
>>63177737
I was totally happy with "Hey assbutt" being his last line.

But no.
>>
File: 234234234324234.gif (172 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
234234234324234.gif
172 KB, 500x281
>>63174462
>>63174462
>>63174462
>No one talks about this show because no one thinks its worth talking about.
>Its middle ground entertainment.

YES, BECAUSE WE ONLY DISCUSS HIGH QUALITY FILMS HERE
>BANE?
>SHEEV
>WHAT DID HE MEAN BY THIS
>WHAT DO YOU THINK OF HER BODY OF WORK
>TIMES YOU ACTED LIKE THE DRIVER
>IS THIS PORN?
>WHATS GOING ON HERE?
>TONY... HELP!!
>JUST
>CAPESHIT BLARGHHHH!!!
>STAR WARS... FUCKING SHILLS..
>DOUGE
>CIA
>BAM MARGERA
>JUST
>RLM
>SCARIEST MOVIE SCENE ( SIGNS ALIEN)
>SIMPSONS HATE THREAD
>STAR TREK NOSTALGIA
>Roon-Roon vs. Mara
>LUCAS IS A HACK
>JAR JAR IS A SITH
>DREDD = BEST COMIC MOVIE
>"QUAID... START THE REACTOR"...
>"HOW COME HE DONT WANT ME?"
>KYLO REN IS LUKE
>SOPRANOS IS BETTER THAN THE WIRE
>CLASSIC PAUL DANO
>"WHY DONT YOU HAVE A SEAT OVER THERE?"
>"IT'S JUST A PRANK BRO!!!"
>IDRIS ELBA AS THE NEXT JAMES BOND
>FARGO SEASON 1 GROCERY QT
>UNLIMITED POWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Jesus Fucking Christ /tv/ is awful. Time to switch homeboards.
>>
>>63180118
I doubt they will, they only ever spend time in the home base place when they dont really have anywhere else to go. That's why i loved the ep "baby" so much, it was old school supernatural. And everyone else who saw it agreed, they took such a big gamble on that ep and it payed off in spades but they wont see why, they'll just keep doing this amara/darkness shit.
>>
>Angels are first introduced
>Castiel is a low-ranking angel, both in terms of power level and military rank
>He was able to pull Dean out of hell and single-handedly fuck up pretty much everything the brothers had seen at this point
>At one point when Dean punches him right in the face, Cas is barely effected and Dean nearly breaks his hand
>The only things that can stand up to Cas, a low-level angel, are top-tier demons and more powerful angels - and the top-tier demons know they're outmatched and can only hope to get a chance to run away

fast forward two seasons
>even top-tier angels get their shit wrecked on a regular basis by the boys and standard demons
>the boys can get in full-on fistfights with angels and actually get the upper hand

What the fuck happened?
>>
>>63178719
baha, Mark Sheppard looks stoned out of his gourd.
>>
>>63180061
>God had to cause severe damage to himself in order to grant everyone souls and free will
How does 'free will' make sense though when we literally meet the character Fate?

Also, I don't remember this actually being the explanation for human souls, only that they're a piece of heaven. I don't doubt you're probably right, just that it sounds retarded and I'm ashamed of the writers right now.
>>
>>63180170
Powah creep happened. It's classic Buffy syndrome.
>>
>>63178561
Reapers being angels is more mythological accurate than anything else.

The Angel of Death, Azrael was the basis for the Grim Reaper we have today.
>>
>>63180170
I'd like to say Heaven is all fucked up so they lost a lot of their powers, but then I remember they never actually touched on that at all
>>
>>63180176
The Fate gods literally only show up because Sam and Dean fucked them over hardcore by averting the apocalypse
>>
>>63180212
It made sense after all the angels fell, but the Winchesters were fucking them up long before that

Shit I'm pretty sure it was even happening in season 5

It would've made sense for Demon Blood Sam to be able to fistfight them since he was stronger than Lilith (the strongest demon) but they went out of their way to show Dean sucker-punching Castiel did nothing other than hurt Dean, then within a few episodes of the following season they did a complete 180 and apparently angels take punches worse than random shapeshifters
>>
>>63180170
>Castiel is a low-ranking angel
He wasn't that low-ranking. He was like second or third to the Archangels.
>>
>>63180225
Thats because Dean is supposed to be a special snowflake and Sam is under his snowflake protection. It's implied that most humans are generally bound by fate.
>>
File: 48.jpg (55 KB, 811x435) Image search: [Google]
48.jpg
55 KB, 811x435
>kill Death
>people still die anyway

10/10 writing
>>
>>63180159
Did you even read what he said? those things are bad enough to be talked about
>>
>>63180352

>"kill" Death

haha good one bud
>>
>>63180315
Most people are still bound by fate because they don't fight it

>>63180352
>implying Death actually died instead of just going "yeah fuck it I'll catch some sleep for a bit and let the idiots think I'm dead"

He's literally more powerful than God
>>
>>63180352
This. Season 10 was probably the worst season.
>Felicia day
>Dean throws a tantrum because of her death
>Kills a kid that never did shit
>Beats the crap out of Cas for dumb as fuck reason
>Calls death just to kill him for no reason
>Death ACTUALLY BEING KILLABLE!
>Kain dies like a bitch
>Cas is made to walk around with Hanna for her retarded mission to get stray angels just abandon it and completely waist his fucking time.
>Cas being super uncomfortable with Hanna's cringe worthy slutyness.
>Sam with his dumb as fuck ideas to save his brother

>>63180491
>implying Death actually died instead of just going "yeah fuck it I'll catch some sleep for a bit and let the idiots think I'm dead"
I seriously fucking hope so anon.
>>
Felicia Day gets the shit. She's the shit carburetor.
>>
>>63180502
Those Felicia Day episodes were really something else, I mean the LAARPing one was passable but was I really meant to care that she died?
>>
>>63180502

>kills kid that never did shit
>beats crap out of cas for dumb as fuck reason

Uhhhh did you watch the season at all? Did you forget about the whole mark of cain thing that was making him need to kill people?
>>
>>63180742
>mark of cain
Don't use that as an excuse. He did all that stupid crap and let the mark take control because he went apeshit over shitty Felicia day dying.
>>
>>63180159
I was sarcastically provided examples you doltz...
>>
>>63174127

It's untouched because almost no one here watches it, and the ones that do are embarrassed about watching it, as they should be.

This isn't your tumblr safe-space. If you can't deal with a community not loving your show, it's not the place for you.
>>
It's ok, on par with Flash or other capeshit.
>>
>>63180775

>the actual literal reason
>hurrr don't use it as an excuse

Would he have sought vengeance regardless? Of course. But would he have gone on a total killing spree without remorse without it, killing that kid and fucking up cas? Not likely.
>>
Dean is likeable, the show is pretty bad though. It's just MEH as fuck which is why no one gives a shit enough to make threads bashing it
>>
>>63180775
It's not an excuse, it's literally the plotline of the whole season
>>
Still love the first two seasons when it was just about two brothers traveling around and killing monsters/ghosts and occasionally looking for their father. The show lost me when they introduced angels.
>>
>>63181123
when the line "saving people hunting things, the family business" meant something.
>>
>>63180081
When Cain was killing all his descendants he tells Dean that he'll get to him eventually.
>>
>>63181123
First five seasons are worth watching. Everything after that is pointless.
Thread replies: 179
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.