[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Find a flaw
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: images (1).jpg (24 KB, 317x463) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
24 KB, 317x463
>>
1st flaw: It killed the careers of everyone involved

2nd glaw: It had zero memes but still remains a great movie
>>
superman is inexplicably able to lift and fly with an island made of kryptonite after already being severely weakened. also some of those fucking visual effects are bad enough to be "flaws" imo.
>>
I can't, it's basically Superman 1 minus the eternal intro. I actially like ths one
>Kivin Spacey nails it
>Brandon Routh nails it
That's all that matters, I can even forget the ending since they do it all the time anyways. It's a perfect revival of golden era cinema campy
>that ending with Luthor on the island
>>
>>63173397
kevin spacey? hurr durr
>>
>>63173428
> superman being superman
>>
>>63173397
WRONG!
>>
>>63173327
>>63173397
>>63173446

The samefagging is extremely obvious.
>>
>>63173446
Ikr

I found Louis Lane so hot even got to see her ankles and toes, hotter than the troll who played her in man of steel
>>
>>63173473
>>63173473

>island made of kryptonite
>kryptonite
>>
>>63173538
>>63173538
>>63173538

>Louis Lane

get the fuck out
>>
>>63173552
Synthetic kriptonite
>>
File: images (11).jpg (17 KB, 584x246) Image search: [Google]
images (11).jpg
17 KB, 584x246
The sub plot with his son.
Superman lifting a continent of kryptonite whilst having a kryptonite shard wedged into his side.
Clark having no plausable alibi for being absent from earth/the daily planet.

The fact is that this movie is the reason X Men 3 was so shit. Bryan Singer should have stayed to finish his trilogy. Instead we got a mediocre superman that only seems good because Man of Steel happened.

If Kevin Spacey wasn't in this movie it would be garbage.
>>
none that bother me so.
>>
>>63173327
>>63173446
>>63173486
>>63173538
>>63173585

samefag
>>
>>63173604
Synthetic kryptonite you uncultured swine. And there was no "son subplot" there were only like 3 scenes about it
>>
>>63173604
So we agree Returns is better than moS
>>
File: 1444886836057.png (72 KB, 416x500) Image search: [Google]
1444886836057.png
72 KB, 416x500
>>63173327
>That shitty Kryptonite Island plot
>the Kryptonite didn't glow
>nothing happened until the end of the movie
>>63173604
>Superman Returns
>Better than MoS
>>
>>63173327
Its plot is completely contrived and people do things for 'reasons' instead.
Also there were holes in the story everywhere.
4/10 for effort and because I'm a fan of Superman
>>
File: unnamed.gif (2 MB, 476x308) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.gif
2 MB, 476x308
>>
>>63173772
Name these holes in the story pls
>>
>>63173327
Brandon Routh can't act
Thread/
>>
THIS THREAD:

one faglord defending a movie that very few people liked

you're welcome to enjoy it but who are you really trying to convince that it's so perfect, us or yourself?
>>
Why so many fags bitching ahout MoS, it was decent, entertaining and general zero was a cool villian. Fuck this, people in this gay board considers films like pulp fiction and big lebowski to be film classics...
>>
>>63173974
>>63173974

1. don't fucking trash pulp fiction or big lebowski, being a contrarian doesn't make you cool.
2. not that many people bitch about MoS. it's a select group of folk like the OP of this thread, who would rather watch superman returns and jack their willies to brandon routh's tight butt
>>
>>63173964
Thanks for posting

>>63173974
MoS overcompentsates as a movie
>>
>>63174034
What a childish argument
>>
>>63174034
>big lebowski
>pulp fiction
>>>/flick/
>>
>>63174050
How does overcompensates? Its fucking superman, the most overpowered cape in history...
>>
>>63174188
The movie insists upon itself
>>
>>63174339
That doesnt make any fucking sense, elaborate
>>
Hes a boring romanized superhero.
>>
the costume didn't have the right kinds of grimdark colours. only a person who enjoys watching their spouse fornicate with coloured individuals would claim otherwise imho son
>>
>Superman Returns - Superman is a dead beat dad, pumps and dumps Lois, leaves her with his crippled kid and no child support
>Man of Steel - Superman is a murderer, brutally snaps the villain's neck without due process, has his super dick swinging contest in a densely populated city causing countless deaths and untold millions in property destruction

So logically speaking, Superman should have moved on to serial anal rape by this new movie right?
>>
>Movie can't decide if its a continuation of the original films or its own thing
>Horrible Kryptokid plot
>Lex Luthor is reduced to fucking rich old woman to get back on his feet
>Endgame is literally another land/retail scheme ripped from 1 and how the hell is he going to sell jagged rock island to anybody?
>Superman leaves earth to double check home planet is gone, yep its still dust
>Kryptonite level of danger varies depending on what the plot demands
>Its just plain boring at times

Granted the plane scene was nice
>>
Lets see...

-Kate Bosworth being a 22 pulitzer prize winner.
-Turning Superman into a creepy stalker. This couldve worked by making Supes feel more alien but the movie doesnt do anything further beyond him being a peeping tom. And being a direct sequel to the Reeves superman makes it feel even more jarring.
-Lex Luthor sucks. His plan sucks. His henchmen such. He is never a credible threat even with his kryptonite island. They were so beholden to Hackman that they forgot to make him at all imposing.

And mostly its just dull. The Donner superman movies take their time but that is being a product of its time and its sense of awe keeps the movie compelling. Superman Returns exploits and simply copies the originals flaws and all with a crummy Lex and listless pacing.

I always get so hyped watching the opening credits to Returns with the John Williams theme that I always get disappointed all over again once the movie actually starts. Its like that the whole movie. Fools you with built up good will and has all the excitement of a wet fart.
>>
dont even bother OP. Unless its angry Super Doomsday Man vs the concept of evil from universe G4YS3X in robotic army form, superman films will always be a disappointment.
>>
>>63174610

>without due process
>better to watch zod cook a family of four with his heat vision

>dick swinging contest
>if you watch the fight, 80% of the damage is zod and most of it is from him throwing supes into buildings
>this is somehow superman's fault
>I'm retarded
>>
How can anyone like Superman Returns?

Kevin Spacey's Lex Luthor was like Dr. Evil from Austin Powers. Brandon Routh's Superman had the charisma of dry sandpaper. No chemistry with Lois Lane. The son subplot made no sense. No real suspense or sense of danger. Just campiness and cliches to appease Reeve fans.
>>
>>63174769
This.

Since this thread is always brought up, a recap of flaws from a bunch of people that saw it opening week.
Lois is too young with no T nor A.
Why is sups stalking this average chick
No ACTION or strong emotion (donner's first superman flick ending decision)
the Kid (wtf)
luthor was ok but the henchmen sucked

These complaints were from folks that grew up with the donner flicks/ sups cartoons and a few sups comics (death of sups/4 new sups stuff).
>>
>>63173327
Lois Lane is a whore in this
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.