[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Movies with awful titles
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3
File: the-thing-poster[1].jpg (247 KB, 1000x1500) Image search: [Google]
the-thing-poster[1].jpg
247 KB, 1000x1500
>fuck John, what do we call the movie? The Shapechanger? The Alien From Outer Space? Death on Ice?
>I'm not sure, let's go over what we know about the monster
>Well it's this thing th-
>EUREKA!
>>
No.
>>
>>63173065
Come on now son, The Thing is a terrible title. I don't mean to insult a great movie, but it's hardly informative or makes you want to check out the movie.
Compare it to something like An American Werewolf in London.
>>
>>63173001
Jeez anon
>>
>>63173128
It's a remake of the same name retard
>>
>>63173128
The orginal movie was "The thing from another world" which was a better title than the book which was " Who goes there?"
>>
>>63173162
Well it sounds a whole lot better now.
>>63173155
Get the fuck out my face bitch nigger who is wrong. What you so wrong for?
>>
>>63173128

You have bad taste. You're probably the type of guy who would criticize a great movie for "breaking the rules of screenwriting."
>>
>>63173200
I'm not criticizing the movie my friend and ally, I just think The Thing is a really awful title for a movie.
It's actually one of my favourite movies of all time, please stop taking this so personally like a buttmad 14 year old.
>>
>>63173128
>scary movie
>half of terror in scary movies comes from not knowing anything about the monster
>many scary movies don't even offer a good look at the monster for 80% of the movie
>thinks scary movies have to be descriptive so people can know what exactly they should be afraid of
>>
>>63173241
>every movie should just have a vague title so teenagers torrenting the movies twenty years later can go into it blind
what the fuck man
>>
Is Alien better or worse as a title than The Thing in your mind?
>>
>>63173238

>The Thing is a really awful title for a movie

But it's the perfect title for THIS movie. "The Thing" implies mystery, it suggests that we'll be confronted with something we don't recognize or understand. That's exactly what happens in the movie, and a big part of what makes it great.

Titles aren't supposed to just be a quick blurb that tells you what the movie is about. People can read plot summaries, watch trailers, etc etc. A good title kind of evokes the tone and experience of the movie
>>
>>63173281
They're both perfect because they're ominous and vague, yet sound like they could pose a very serious threat.
>>
>MacReady, I'm afraid I have become The Thing

Really?
>>
>>63173128
The tag line sums it up pretty well. They have no idea what to call this, "thing" because it can turn itself into whatever organic" thing" it assimilates with.
>>
>>63173645
>Now we're going to see which one of you is The Thing

That line's real.
>>
>>63173850
>Whether we make it or not, we can't let that John Carpenter's The Thing freeze again. Maybe we'll just warm things up a little around here.

Jesus Christ, really?
>>
>>63173281

Alien is an amazing title. It's like Jaws, the simplicity works for it rather than against it.
>>
you're a pleb op

you also seem to be unaware that carpenter's the thing is just one of three (?) movie adaptations of Campbell's "Who Goes There"

now shoo shoo back to reddit pleb
>>
>>63173281
They're both great.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.