[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Can we quit memeing for five minutes and acknowledge that Interstellar
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4
Can we quit memeing for five minutes and acknowledge that Interstellar was a great film?
>>
>>63171784

>memeing

Fucktard.
>>
>>63171784

I'll acknowledge that it's a very good film, if you'll acknowledge that Nolan can't write dialogue and he can't direct actors. He's good at pretty much everything else, and I like almost all of his work, but it always falls short of "great" for these reasons
>>
>>63171784
2 dimensional characters, hack writing, convoluted plot, exposition galore, sloppy pacing. Ah yes a true masterpiece for Nolan, yet again.
>>
File: was he autism.jpg (171 KB, 1600x1062) Image search: [Google]
was he autism.jpg
171 KB, 1600x1062
LOVE LARS
LOVE
>>
>>63171784

Kek'd

Tbh I liked it and regretted not seeing it in IMAX.
>>
DO NOT GO GENTLE
>>
>>63171837
so he's basically george lucas 2.0?
>>
>>63171931
INTO THAT BIG GUY
>>
>>63171784
no because its a meme film that wasn't great
>>
>>63171784
It is a great film. Far from a masterpiece but it's probably one of the best experience I've had in the theaters in a long, long time and is just emotionally great.

Anyone who doesn't at least think the movie is decent is a hipster fag.
>>
JUST
>>
LET
>>
I saw it in IMAX and it was great. The scene near Jupiter and the music made it a great film to see in theatre
>>
nolan is a hack
>>
File: LzgqFgl.jpg (867 KB, 1920x779) Image search: [Google]
LzgqFgl.jpg
867 KB, 1920x779
Honestly?
It's one of my favorite films.

The whole Murph-Cooper dynamic just tears my heart out.
>>
>>63172263
you just know
>>
>>63171784
I liked it and loved it in IMAX, but I don't think it's a great film. Then again, what do I know?
>>
It was one of the only Nolan films I've really enjoyed. And I absolutely loved it. I'm a huge fan of all Arthur C. Clarke's books, and the 2001 film was just awful in most ways (unless you're stoned or on acid, in which case it's pretty fun).

Interstellar felt more like 2001 than 2001: The Movie did.

Great movie, looking forward to rewatching it.
>>
>>63172263
Reddit: the post
>>
>>63172310
Am I not allowed to be emotionally affected by a movie?
>>
THATS THE POWER OF LOVE
>>
>>63172308
>2001 film was just awful in most ways (unless you're stoned or on acid, in which case it's pretty fun).

DUDE DRUGS DON'T MAKE MOVIES BETTER LMAO

DUDE DRUGS DONT ACTUALLY PROVIDE ANY INSIGHT THEY JUST MAKE THE MUNDANE SEEM DEEP LMAO

DUDE EGO DEATH IS A MEME LMAO

DUDE DRUG INDUCED EGO DEATH IS NOT REAL BECAUSE NOTHING CAN SEPERATE US FROM THE SUM OF OUR EXPERIENCES WITHOUT PERMANTENTLY DAMAGING THE BRAIN LMAO

I saw 2002 sober nmand cried at the star child scene
>>
>>63172334
Reddit: the bewildered protestation
>>
>hey ur here lol whatever i have my own family now gtfo dad
>>
>great film

It was a movie.
>>
>>63172362
this. that shit was weird.
>>
>>63172360
DUDE BIG WORDS LMAO

>>63172380
DUDE HAHA LMAO
>>
Shitty movie. Especially that drawn out ending about the power of love transcending space and time because reasons. I was expecting something like 2001 and it couldn't even manage shit-tier sciffy.

The first part with Matthew McConaughey and his daughter was alright, but the part about interstellar travel was dull as balls and that was supposed to be the main draw of the movie.

Also, DO NOT GO GENTLE every five fucking seconds really drags after a while.

0/10.
>>
>>63172413
Reddit: the insecure meme deflection
>>
>>63172414
>Especially that drawn out ending about the power of love transcending space and time because reasons.

Except that didn't happen. The tesseract allowed him to do it, and he went to his daughter because clearly that's what you'd do. Which is what the other-dimensional fuckers that created the wormhole intended.

I'm always surprised that so many bitter autists struggle to understand such a basic concept.
>>
>>63172469
DUDE YA GOT ME L-M-A-O
>>
>>63172413
Reddit: the faggotry continues
>>
>>63171837
I'll acknowledge both those things
>>
>>63172526
Breathe.
>>
>>63171784
>Can we quit memeing for five minutes

ahahahhaha yeah fucking right
>>
"Interstellar" is a movie about a lot of different things: Exploring the cosmos, family, future stability of planet Earth, time-travel, and science ethics in general. Perhaps most importantly, though, "Interstellar" is about something much more important that hasn't been listed yet: the depth of the human spirit.

For a basic plot summary, "Interstellar" is the story of Cooper (Matthew McConaughey), a farmer in Earth's future. He isn't a farmer by trade, but rather out of necessity, as in this film's future Earth is perilously close to running out of food, and thus all workers are assigned an occupation based on needs rather than wants. At heart, Cooper is an engineer who loves tinkering with things and dreams of "something bigger" than the dust-patch he currently resides on. One day, through a chance series of events, Cooper is introduced to Professor Brand (Michael Caine), a fellow dreamer who has concocted a scheme to leave Earth and settle on a new home. The catch? A trip through an intergalactic wormhole is required, which hasn't ever quite been done successfully. Perhaps the greatest feat of "Interstellar" is its ability to tell a story that will touch your very spirit. Human beings are, by our very nature, curious beings (being gifted with the most advanced brain of any being found in the universe...at least so far) and thus explorers. The "Space Race" of the 1960s fed off that instinct, and Nolan capitalizes on it in this film. While by no means being a "rah rah" type of film (every character is very grounded with human faults as well), "Interstellar" does strike a chord when it comes to the human spirit and the power it can possess. When the Academy Awards start gearing up later this year, I truly hope that "Interstellar" and its cast/crew are richly rewarded for their superb efforts all around. This is easily the most stirring experience I had watching a movie in 2014, and I have a feeling it will last for quite some time as well.
>>
>>63172526
Reddit:can't relax
>>
>>63172526
Reddit: The Easily Upset
>>
Even if you're not particularly interested in Sci-Fi movies, "Interstellar" is a must see for its outstanding visual excellence and soundtrack. When I watched "Gravity" in 2013, I never thought that in less than two years another movie will surpass the high bar that "Gravity" had established in outer space visuals.

"Interstellar" offers a nice introduction, taking place on earth, before beginning its outer space journey. You'll get to know the characters, especially Cooper (Matthew McCaughey), such that after an hour into the movie, you'll start to care deeply about the characters and their fates, which is yet another reason why this movie is so memorable.

The cast have done an amazing job in portraying their characters in unique situations and environments. It must be very difficult and challenging to embody a character that is far away from earth on a mission to save the humankind, and I'm very happy to see talented people like Matthew McCaughey and Anne Hathaway doing such an amazing job.

Overall, "Interstellar" is a breathtaking adventure that will make you think about it for days and weeks to come. It may fall short in places such as scientific accuracy, but I believe that everyone involved in the production of "Interstellar" did their best to create a great memorable movie. I highly recommend this movie, especially in high definition.
>>
GHOST MURPH
>>
>>63172596
This post looks suspiciously like copy pasta so I skipped it altogether
>>
The first thing I want to say about "Interstellar" is that it is the best movie I have ever seen in my life. I saw it seven times in the theaters, with each showing finding gems which I had missed in previous viewings. This movie had everything going for it: appealing, believable characters acted flawlessly; a fantastic and highly believable story; amazing special effects; and a musical score so beautiful it could bring tears to your eyes.

Interstellar is not primarily a Sci-Fi movie; it is mostly a story about love and the responsibilities of love. The rockets, weird planets, black holes and so forth are just a setting for the story -- a spectacular setting -- and motivation to move the story along. Duty clashes with love, too, in Interstellar, and the story wraps itself around those clashes. A father loves his son and daughter but his only chance to save them is to leave them. He loves the woman too, but to save her -- and the mission -- he must leave her also. Lots to think about in this movie, and lots to feel too.

The story in this movie is fantastic, utterly believable, and smart. That the writers paid homage to "2001" is obvious. Unlike 2001, however, everything is explained in this movie. I saw 2001 when it first came out. At the end of 2001 I was still glued to my seat, but I was sitting there asking myself, "What just happened?" Interstellar is the exact opposite: at the end it all makes sense, the weirdness is all explained. Very, very satisfying.
>>
>>63172353
DUDE I CAN NEVER TELL IF YOU'RE PRO OR ANTI DRUGS BUT KUBRICK WOULDN'T HAVE WANTED ANYONE TO WATCH 2001 HIGH LMAO
>>
It feels like the same Interstellar fanboy is posting different parts of his thesis on why Interstellar gives him a massive boner across several posts, and pretending it's serious praise from multiple viewers.

I can't possibly believe this many people were deluded into thinking Interstellar actually had any quality.
>>
>>63172731
Reddit: the flippant meme comeback
>>
>>63172785
it's the nolan effect. it's like on imdb when you say literally anything negative about the dark knight and they come out in swarms to defend it like it's the pinnacle of cinema or something. I don't know how it ever got this bad
>>
Interstellar is a borderline masterpiece. I was very impressed by Matthew McConaughey's acting in this movie. It's a different kind of role than most he plays in, but he did a superb job. Likewise, Anne Hathaway was more demure and in the background than most of her films, but delivered an excellent performance. The plot was just complex enough to provide good intellectual stimulation without being too confusing. This is certainly one of those movies that benefits from multiple viewings though as I caught many details the second time through that I missed the first. The movie is very long (almost 3 hr), but it doesn't feel long as you watch it. The story is very riveting and emotional. Overall, I would easily rate this among the best non-franchise sci-fi movies I've ever seen.
>>
>>63171784
too much farm and whining bullshit, not enough sci-fi.
>>
This movie deserves more awards than the grains of sand on the surface of Venus! Been a fan of Nolan ever since the Prestige and this one is by far my favorite from his long line of mind churning movies! There is so much to say as to how this movie has become an epic but I am afraid that it is gonna take years just to say them all here. Watched this movie for almost 9 times before I finally understood every nook and corner of the story line.
>>
>>63171985
KEK
>>
>>63171784
>and acknowledge that Interstellar was a great film?
But it wasn't.

It was boring.
>>
>>63171784
I liked the waves
>>
File: 1447767665866.png (316 KB, 503x482) Image search: [Google]
1447767665866.png
316 KB, 503x482
>>63173354
>spinning spaceship sequence was boring
>500m waves was boring
>cooper going through the black hole was boring
is this bait anon?
>>
>>63171784
It was pretty bad
One thing that I hate about Nolan is that he doesn't trust his audience to be smart enough to understand what's happening so he injects a fuck ton of exposition into his flicks
>>
>>63171784
>great film
is this b8?

it wasn't even great in the theater, everyone was bored to death, it was just a loud piece of shit
>>
>>63171784
Interstellar is literally L I T E R A L L Y a reddit movie. It was fucking shit.
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.