[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
If you guys think SNL sucks so much, why don't you try writing
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3
File: SNL-image.png (321 KB, 1248x704) Image search: [Google]
SNL-image.png
321 KB, 1248x704
If you guys think SNL sucks so much, why don't you try writing a sketch and see how its received?
>>
>>63171679
Because I'm not being paid a hefty salary to write said sketch
>>
>>63171679

snl writers pls go.

do your own job (and continue to suck at it)
>>
File: 1440290060291.jpg (78 KB, 338x305) Image search: [Google]
1440290060291.jpg
78 KB, 338x305
>>63171727
>hefty salary
>>
>>63171821
>implying SNL writers don't make bank
>>
I would if I got payed for it. I would also poach some of Comedy Central's talent.
>>
>>63171832
they really don't. They make decent, given what they do for a living but they also live in NYC so theyre not rich
>>
>>63171679
but my script would just get returned back untouched
>>
>>63171679
Cause it ain't my fuckin' job dipshit.
>>
comedys not funny
>>
>>63171901
Isn't it supposed to be mostly improv, anyway?
>>
>>63171997
Yeah and it's clear only Keenan Thompson is good at it from the current cast. Improv still needs a premise though. The shit that they come up with really isn't funny.
>>
>>63172094
Keenan is probably the only good cast member left, period. most of the other ones that were pretty good between the late 00's early 10's have moved on to do movies and shit.
>>
>>63171997
>>63172094
fuck no, its all cue card reading
bland cue card reading
>>
>>63171727

>writers
>hefty salary
>>
>>63172289
When SNL was funny and had good improv actors, they didn't just read off the cue cards word for word. They would add their own thing to it. Keenan is the only one that still does that imo. It's not surprising though as he's been doing it since he was a kid. Also, he's great at impressions.

https://youtu.be/4vi1mjp3PTw?t=142
>>
File: 1447382214602.jpg (30 KB, 540x674) Image search: [Google]
1447382214602.jpg
30 KB, 540x674
something where a family talks to a doctor about their terminally ill grandfather, and the doctor says its best of they just let him die, but then starts talking about killing him like a horse and loading a shotgun. The whole time he's casually discussing it and giving them options for bullets and cleaning it while loading guns and pulling out weapons.
It ends with him saying something like "Oh no no, I get the misunderstanding, im not going to shoot him" and then tossing hem the shotgun and high fiving the nurse on the way out
>>
>>63172771
Seth McFarlane get out.
>>
My skit involves an asian actor, so obviously SNL can't do it unless they go full yellow face.

They can't do that because it would be funny.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.