[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>it's a Buffy's friends raise her from the dead
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6
File: BtVS-Helpless-3.jpg (53 KB, 452x477) Image search: [Google]
BtVS-Helpless-3.jpg
53 KB, 452x477
>it's a Buffy's friends raise her from the dead as a necromantic shambling zombie creature and then complain that she's not grateful enough episode
>>
>it's a whedon should stop working with /tv/ and film episode
>>
>it's a "buffy fucks spike behind mcdonalds" episode
>>
It's a Willow and Buffy take turns sitting on Dawn's face episode
>>
>>63170046
Get out get out GET OUT
>>
>>63170603
Get on get on GET ON (my face)
>>
>>63169876

>gets treated like shit by friends and family
>story tells us she's lucky to have them

This show pissed me off like no other. We're totally supposed to think Willow and Xander are the best friends anyone could have, but they're really shitty people who do nothing but judge, backstab and criticize.
>>
>>63170833

A perfect demonstration of any girl who thinks beta males and lesbians are their friends are fucking delusional ... like Buffy.
>>
The vampires on the show are mostly hyper-masculine characters with most of their victims being women. So even though the shows allows one or two women to kick ass (Buffy and Willow) the rest are mostly helpless and can’t defend themselves. (No body bothered to learn some martial arts?)

Most characters on the show are white and whenever there does happen to be one or two character who are not white, they are merely used as plot-tools. In Season 7 slayers from all nationalities appeared, yet only one of them was black and another was an Asian woman who wasn’t even allowed some knowledge of some English. They kill off Kendra and replace her with Faith who is then allowed a much greater role in the show.

Most of the characters are straight and especially in the beginning we don’t see Willow and Tara having sex in the way it is portrayed when, for example, Buffy and Riley are having sex or in the way that Xander and Anya are having sex.

Also most of the characters have a fair amount of beauty privilege and none of them are fat. They even replaced the actress who originally played Willow in the original pilot. She was fat, but the show was never clear about why they replaced her. I suspect her body type was at least one of the reasons if not the only one.

I hate how the show forces a kind of bullshit sexual morality on it’s audience about women and what they think their sexuality is suppose to be. If we compare Buffy to Faith the contrast is pretty noticeable. Faith has casual sex and doesn’t care about emotional attachments and there are no direct consequences for her having sex. But later on the show makes it pretty clear that Faith is crazy and not exactly a character we should take for a role model.

Buffy on the other hand is kept almost virginal and is punished severely almost every time she has sex.
>>
File: CordeliaChase.jpg (102 KB, 404x517) Image search: [Google]
CordeliaChase.jpg
102 KB, 404x517
>>63170833
>we were supposed to root for Xander after he cheated on his girlfriend and got her impaled, then ostracized her from the group and finally the show itself
>>
File: 1447980207096.jpg (32 KB, 388x392) Image search: [Google]
1447980207096.jpg
32 KB, 388x392
>>63170833
Just like real life.
>>
Is josh whedon racist against Asians? The only Asian in any of his works was an evil lawyer.
>>
>>63170985

The whole show is really just a fantasy from the beta, geek perspective, isn't it? Joss never saw Will and Xander as shitty 'cause they're basically him. Characters like Buffy and Cordy were the ones that wouldn't give him the time of day. Therefore they get taught lessons about how they should appreciate the geek crowd.
>>
>>63171135
There's an Asian girl in Age of Ultron too. But Whedon is a faggot in general.
>>
>>63171135
waspfu?
>>
>>63171137

I always assumed Jonathan was Joss channeling himself into the show. The man took a degree in women's studies for chrissake yet women seem to seriously dislike the show - yet another reason why it never pays to pander.
>>
>>63171227

No, Xander was Joss's avatar. Listen to Joss talk and watch the character. They're the same person.
>>
>>63171227
>Johnathan
>not Xander
>>
File: cheating.jpg (8 KB, 352x240) Image search: [Google]
cheating.jpg
8 KB, 352x240
>it's a buffy cleans spike's cock after he fucks her episode

Props to Whedon for a stronk woman who likes to give head.
>>
>>63171227
>>63171326
>>63171370
Jonathan was id, Xander ego
>>
>>63171648

Jonathon was a character mainly done by Jane Espenson, not Joss.

Willow was probably more Joss's ID if you're going that route.
>>
When i was a kid i used to self insert into sandler.
>>
>>63171853
>implying women have agency
>>
S3>S2>S4>S5>S6>S1>S7
>>
Angel punching out Zander was one of the greatest moments in the series
>>
>>63170939

Obviously you copy-pasted this from a Buffy Tumblr page. Did you find that just for this thread, or do you actively browse those shitholes?
>>
>>63172097
I'd switch S6 and S1 around and then agree. how great were S2,3 and 4. and some of the eps in S5 were fantastic. SMG really pulled out the stops in S5 acting wise.
>>
File: 1447200423010.webm (650 KB, 704x576) Image search: [Google]
1447200423010.webm
650 KB, 704x576
>it's a Harmony is a slut episode
>>
>>63172195
What are you talking about? And seriously, why was BBWillow recasted? Is there any reasonable explanation?
>>
File: s3_buffy-faith_b3x17_sc_01-xl.jpg (31 KB, 564x399) Image search: [Google]
s3_buffy-faith_b3x17_sc_01-xl.jpg
31 KB, 564x399
>It's a Buffy and Faith have sexual tension episode
>>
>It's beer bad.
>>
>>63172664
>Is there any reasonable explanation?
Bad actress
Bad chemistry
Demanding
Violent racist
>>
>>63172995
lol
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.