[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-D eI3ohVbY >that set d
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2
File: file.png (1 MB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
file.png
1 MB, 1920x1080
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-DeI3ohVbY

>that set design
>that atmosphere
>that taunting Vader
>that Luke gradually getting more scared and disheveled
>"I am your father."

So can we all agree that this is the GOAT Star Wars scene?
>>
It is.

It isn't when you ask /tv/.
>>
Only plebs think the ROTJ fight is better.
>>
>>63166061
I think they are both great fights. Each has a very different emotional tone so I don't think it's fair to compare them.
>>
File: luke vs vader.jpg (148 KB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
luke vs vader.jpg
148 KB, 1200x675
Superior scene. Empire's fight leaves you in awe and nervous because it's the first confrontation with Vader. Jedi has all the emotion and is one of the greatest culminations of a trilogy ever.
>>
I liked that Luke started taunting Vader and the Emperor back in ROTJ despite his fear
>>
>>63166061
The music is what makes the fight in RotJ, watch it without the soundtrack and it's not nearly as good.
>>
>>63166176
>fear
He came on to the Death Star fully expecting to die, he probably wasn't giving two fucks about either of them.
>>
>>63165614
It's GOAT now but wait until December when the Interracial Breeding Grounds scene takes that title away.
>>
>>63166193
http://youtu.be/kWcg3cITkTI
>>
>>63166394
>the car cranking noise as the ship starts up
Every time
>>
Why did Luke get a green lightsaber after that fight? I thought it was given to powerfull force users.
>>
Return of the Jedi is a film that pretty much centers around the duel. Also just the whole realization Luke has that he's essentially done exactly as his father (slicing off his hand) has is much more emotional and striking; also has the most GOAT Sheev sequence in the series outside of his RotS spins. Empire is overall the superior film, but Return of the Jedi's duel and the last scene with Anakin is the catharsis of the trilogy.
>>
>>63166636
The Blue lightsaber is Finn's in Force Awakens, someone recovers it from Cloud City, gets it to Maz and she gives it to Leia who gives it to him. Luke built a second one after it fell down the shaft, which is the one he's still carrying in the scene with R2
>>
From watching the clips of TFA, Abrams just doesn't understand how to create atmosphere.
>>
>>63166853
Super8 get's a lot of revisionist hate, but he did a fantastic job of building atmosphere in that movie. And because that movie is a throwback to the same era, I'm not worried about what he'll do in TFA.
>>
>>63166853
You can't have atmosphere with CGI sets, or sets but with no thought to lighting (because post-process)

Hollywood directors seem to be allergic to sets with lots of shadow, or coloured lighting to give the scene tone and depth. Slapping a filter over the whole scene in post DOES NOT WORK
>>
>>63167071
The avoidance of lazy filters and usage of real colored lighting is what makes the Bespin duel so cash

Also why Drive was cozy, those dash lights mayne
>>
>>63167392
Drive was well lit, but by natural lighting which was chosen well. It's a little different for fantasy since it's all make believe sets

But then they just fail to go the extra mile and CGI it all in. You can't get an otherworldly look with CGI, you just get a videogame lookalike
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.