[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>mfw I have taken to watching romantic comedies and family
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7
File: neeter.jpg (45 KB, 409x409) Image search: [Google]
neeter.jpg
45 KB, 409x409
>mfw I have taken to watching romantic comedies and family films that I remember from my childhood in the 90s to keep the loneliness at bay

what movies do you watch to deal with the feels, anon?
>>
>>63164479
TNG and David Attenborough narrated natural histories.
>>
>mfw I watched The 'Burbs on friday night
>>
File: FastTimes_103Pyxurz.jpg (174 KB, 1600x1205) Image search: [Google]
FastTimes_103Pyxurz.jpg
174 KB, 1600x1205
>>63164479
80s teen movies give me a taste of the friendships and romances I wish I had in my teen years.
>>
>>63164753
OP here. I'm not even 30, and yet the very sight of rotary-dial telephones with that coiling wire makes me get the comf and the feels both. I feel like an old man pining away for a time when the world was simpler, when the main item of every kids' room was an expensive LEGO set, when people went to see movies at the theatre to see SFX and tech that they had never dream possible. God bless the 90s ;_;
>>
Nostalgia will only hurt you in the end

Focus on making the absolute best of your life right now, make it so good that in a few months you'll be nostalgic about what you're doing right now.
>>
File: hqdefault.jpg (7 KB, 480x360) Image search: [Google]
hqdefault.jpg
7 KB, 480x360
comedies and teen movies

these always keeps me up
>>
Not a movie but I watch Friends. Works everytime.
>>
File: .gif (714 KB, 496x346) Image search: [Google]
.gif
714 KB, 496x346
>>63164479
I am 34 years old and I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that watching old ass commericals from the 80s and 90s are comfy central. They have whore you tube dedicated to it. Hours and hours worth. There is a three-hour long compilation I put on when I am feeling down. Just sit back, relax and enjoy the sounds of a time gone by.
>>
I literally watched the entirety of Gilmore Girls this year because of this.
Next up will be Dawson's Creek.
I'm nearly 30.
>>
File: harry-potter-3-monsterbook.jpg (1022 KB, 3101x2111) Image search: [Google]
harry-potter-3-monsterbook.jpg
1022 KB, 3101x2111
watched harry potter yesterday as it happened to play on tv
felt pretty good, even the commercial interruptions. the first five ones are the best since the indulge in school setting and the quirky characters. in the end it turns into another young adult dark adventure
>>
>>63165350
Completely agree. The HP films fully capture what made the HP books great (back in 1999, when a prepubescent me read the first one and was excited enough to write a review of it for the primary school 'newspaper').

Damn, come to think of it, I really had an idyllic suburban childhood, even if in a place that most Americans would peg as being closer to Russia than to their own country.

Anyone got any good suburban-themed movies to rec?
>>
File: 101-dalmatians-522b90349badd.jpg (838 KB, 1000x1426) Image search: [Google]
101-dalmatians-522b90349badd.jpg
838 KB, 1000x1426
that 90s Disney tho
>>
>>63164737
Watched this recently.
Made me miss comedic Tom Hanks.
>>
>>63165609
I'll only say that the Ladykillers remake starring Hanks is very, very underrated desu.
>>
>>63165467

>to write a review of it for the primary school 'newspaper'

oh man, it was a long time ago I felt that kind of childlike enthusiasm about something. I wrote about south park though, trying to argue that the cursing was the beginning of a new kind of subversive comedy. my teacher wasn't too impressed

>Anyone got any good suburban-themed movies to rec?

toy story? honey I shrunk the kids? is james and the giant peach still good?

also lotr is another good comfort food movie series
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 7

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.