[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Will there be another actor like him again?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3
File: arnie.webm (3 MB, 1280x688) Image search: [Google]
arnie.webm
3 MB, 1280x688
Will there be another actor like him again?
>>
No. Those days are gone.
>>
no, we aren't allowed to idolise white people anymore
>>
>>63164066

Who's we, you butthurt nigger.
>>
looks like a c͏uck
>>
the rock inherited his throne, albeit with less success
>>
>>63164213
The Rock is nothing compared to Arnie.
>>
>>63164064

This. With the advent of hte internet and social media, people instead flock to each other for entertainment rather than looking to a single person or entity. Everyone posting the same sort of videos to relate to each other all the time.
>>
>>63164187
e-everyone, my honest and altruistic black friend
>>
>>63164040
>his name is literally "black nigger"
>/tv/ keeps pretending they don't like niggers
C U C K
U
C
K
>>
Arnold was a product of the bodybuilding culture of the 70s-80s, which doesn't really exist much anymore. Those sort of action movies are much less popular and traditional macho guys are few and far between these days
>>
File: 1446782991763.gif (2 MB, 640x275) Image search: [Google]
1446782991763.gif
2 MB, 640x275
>>63164040
>The rock
>Vin
Unless you mean a retarded Austrian who can't act for shit and the only thing he has going for him is his physique.
>>
>>63164040
Nope. he was one of a kind, I'ma miss him when he's gone
>>
>>63164879
Bodybuilding is bigger than ever. You'd know this if you weren't a 600 pound landwhale.
>>
File: 1415167009856.jpg (11 KB, 251x242) Image search: [Google]
1415167009856.jpg
11 KB, 251x242
>>63165867
>The rock
>Vin
are you serious?
>>
>implying the rock isn't literally Arnold mk.II
>>
>>63166965
Except modern bodybuilding has become a freak show more concerned with muscle mass than any sort of aesthetic appeal. Arnold followed the Reg Park/Steve Reeves model of using bodybuilding to get into showbiz. These days, they're trying to look like anime characters.
>>
>>63166965
It was more aesthetic back then and the guys were more famous. Now it's just about guys weighting 300 lbs and looking ugly. No one aspires to that. General fitness is different, but it isn't idolized in movies or the media (especially if they are white guys) anymore
>>
>>63167090
The Rock is 1% of what Arnold was
>>
>>63165867
It's a strange thing. There's having the ability to act and having screen presence; they don't always coincide. Schwarzenegger is not a very good actor (he's good enough) but he definitely has screen presence. Truth be told, when it comes to the big screen, screen presence is more important than acting ability.
>>
KING CONAN WHEN
I
N
G

C
O
N
A
N

W
H
E
N
>>
>>63165867
>Comparing Vin and The Rock to the goddamned legend that played fucking CONAN perfectly
But if that's the case
Arnie>The Rock>>>Power gap>>>Vin
>>
>>63168659
arnold can act
the rock is the new age arnold

but my favorite is channing tatum , he has range and can really act, and probably could do justice to some action movies
>>
>>63168886
>Channing
>Range and can really act
Nice one
>>
>>63167090
comparing a dyel fuccboi to 7 time Mr.O
r u even fucking trying m8
>>
Buy it, use it, break it, fix it,
Trash it, change it, mail - upgrade it,
Charge it, point it, zoom it, press it,
Snap it, work it, quick - erase it,
Write it, cut it, paste it, save it,
Load it, check it, quick - rewrite it,
Plug it, play it, burn it, rip it,
Drag and drop it, zip - unzip it,
Lock it, fill it, call it, find it,
View it, code it, jam - unlock it,
Surf it, scroll it, pause it, click it,
Cross it, crack it, switch - update it,
Name it, rate it, tune it, print it,
Scan it, send it, fax - rename it,
Touch it, bring it, pay it, watch it,
Turn it, leave it, start - format it.
>>
>>63168950
he's in literally every genre of movie and holds his own and really nails all his performances
and his comedy is 10/10
i haven't seen a bad movie with him in it, ever, like everything he is in is a good movie

but there are a ton of terrible movies the rock has been in and a lot of times he hasnt done his best
>>
>>63169058
Go to bed Channing
>>
>>63169058
just the kind of retarded opinion you would expect from somebody that thinks Arnold is a good actor
>>
>>63164040
any /k/ommando's around?
Can someone tell me if grenades are ever actually stored hanging by their pull pin?
I understand that makes them really easy to pull off in a pinch, but wouldn't one bad snag on a tree branch run your day?
>>
The Rock is the only person who could even potentially be a new Arnold. But Arnold came around in a time that was perfect for him

Now people just want to watch faggy gay guys
>>
>>63169662
Unless the lever is depressed, the pin is locked in place.
Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.