[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Memes aside, who's card do you like best?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 6
File: whatdoyouthink.png (1 MB, 1286x1358) Image search: [Google]
whatdoyouthink.png
1 MB, 1286x1358
Memes aside, who's card do you like best?
>>
>bateman card doesn't have dubs
it's not like poetry
>>
Allen's is really the best one.
>>
>>63158172
Why does Luis have his surname first? From the pattern of the others, people would assume his name was Carruthers Luis.

That said, his is still the nicest.
>>
Paul Allen
>>
Van Patten desu
>>
I never got the watermark comment, where is the watermark?

I would have to go with Allen’s, Bateman's numbers don't align quite right and the letter spacing between the letters on "BATEMAN" is too short IMO, they seem to overlap almost.

Allen
Bateman
Bryce
Van Patten
Carruthers
>>
>>63158268
Agreed. And it even has a watermark which you can't see in the picture.
>>
>>63158172
Paul Allen has objectively the best card.
>>
>>63158172
dubsman's is by far the classiest
>>
Paul Allens, without a doubt. It just looks so damn clean and neat. Caruthers is objectively the worst though. Really mirrors his flamboyant and annoying personality.
>>
>5. Van Patten
Terrible font, tacky looking card.
>4. Bryce
Similar finish to Van Patten's but the font is far better.
>3. Carruthers
Borders on stylish but crosses into tacky.
>2. Paul Allen
Nice, very nice.
>1. Bateman
I think it's the nicest, the embossed font looks very good.

>all 5 say vice president

lol
>>
File: 1404361369988.gif (80 KB, 315x411) Image search: [Google]
1404361369988.gif
80 KB, 315x411
>>63158172
how about you check mine
>>
>>63158452
>embossed

It's letterpressed
>>
File: batecard.png (223 KB, 620x365) Image search: [Google]
batecard.png
223 KB, 620x365
>>63158223
fix't
>>
Paul Allen's.

Nice clean white background, clear lettering, everything that was good about Bateman's, but better.

But the margin spacing on all of them suck. Everything gets too close to edge.
>>
>>63158452
>>I think it's the nicest, the embossed font looks very good.
Too bad it's off center and looks like it was cut wrong as a result. Hope he got a new batch for free due to that fuck-up.
>>
>>63158452

The biggest error is that they all misspell acquisitions
>>
They all look the same..

But apparently Allen's card is the better one.
>>
>>63158522
>card color
>font
>spacing
>the same
>>
Allen>Van Patten=Bryce>Bateman>>>>>dogshit>>>>Luis

You'd think for a faggot Luis would have better taste
>>
>>63158452
Vice-president is a usual title in the hierarchy of investment banks.
>>
>>63158570
He's an attentionwhore.
>>
Allen's is garbage what is wrong with you people
>>
>>63158570
Also Bateman's would be much higher but I fucking hate that shit where the letters are sunken in
>>
>>63158172
Van Patten
>>
Bateman's is better than Allen's.

>1989
>still using periods in your phone number
>>
>>63159018
batemans card isnt centered

it literally has a defect or just really shitty design
>>
>>63159165
It's a just a meme to hate on Allen's card. The movie goes out of its way to show you how inferior patrick's card is.
>>
why are they all vice president? i dont get it
>>
>>63159231

Allen's card is clearly very nice, but the point the movie is making in this scene is that Bateman is losing his grasp on reality because he can't tell that his own card is objectively superior to Allen's anymore.
>>
>>63158452

JP Morgan-Chase has like 200 VPs
>>
File: bale impressive.jpg (8 KB, 276x183) Image search: [Google]
bale impressive.jpg
8 KB, 276x183
>>63158522
>>
>>63158370
you can't see the watermark through an picture fa.m
>>
>that number alignment on Bateman's card
What was he thinking?

Bryce's is the best
>>
>>63159314
You have that scene literally backwards. Wow.
>>
File: 1444881674409.jpg (56 KB, 960x720) Image search: [Google]
1444881674409.jpg
56 KB, 960x720
Latza's
>>
Allen's. clean and simple
>>
I like Bryce's the most
>>
>>63159261
That is a common corporate rank poorfags

Also the text on their cards is exactly the same besides name, they're all the same the central theme
>>
i love how carruthers matches his character perfectly, doofus.
>>
>>63158512
It's because they're all so superficial they only care about how the card looks, not that it's correct. Plus I doubt they do very much at work and don't really care how it's spelt.
>>
>>63158172
Allen > Bryce > Patten > Bateman >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Luis
>>
>>63158172

In this picture, Bateman's card is actually best. It has a consistent, non-pleb, attractive font (Palatino?).

While I appreciate the simple Helvetica of Bryce's card, it is just-slightly pleb and public-sector bureaucratic, which is part of its appeal-but it doesn't quite fit a Wall-Street firm.

I myself used to work a petit management job in a factory, and I sent out all my e-mails in flat black Arial, flat white bg. A step down, but simple and clean. The CEO (Who also used Arial in everything) once sent an ALL e-mail to the entire business to get the women and a few of the men to take the backgrounds, flowers and bullshit off of their e-mails. He even gave a good reason: "we sometimes use internal e-mails as illustrations to people outside of our organization, and the (bullshit) makes them harder to read." I felt pretty vindicated when I read that, kek.

I do not care for the fonts or the cutesy coloring in any of the other three cards.
>>
>>63158223
look closer m8, it has more...
trips
>>
>>63158172
I like Bateman's choice of font and the imprint, as well as his choice of paper.
Paul Allen made a mistake by including periods in his phone number, but otherwise, he has the best one. Bateman's name is off-center and his phone number looks retarded with the alignment. I also prefer the double lines on the bottom, makes things look neater. Also gotta give him some points for the water mark, that's pretty cool.
>>
>pleb western cards that dont just put all the info on the back so you can have a classy front
>>
Paul's

Bateman wasnt being autistic. The characters are thick big and legible while also not taking up most of the card. His name is most promient and the contact information is easy to read and flows well
>>
>>63158172
Paul Allen's trully is the best one. Maybe it's the lighting but that offset white really make it the best.
2nd is Batemands
3rd is Van Patten
4th is Carruthers ( that tacky gold font color)
5th is Bryce ( the plain nothingness, that ugly paper type)
>>
>>63159564
You seem to know what you're talking about. What about Paul Allen's card? What's wrong with that compared to Bateman's?
>>
>all work in the same firm
>all of them vice president
>>
Price's was probably best.
Tasteful sans-serif font contrasted by a texture that probably feels really good. It's a cozy card that's not too full of itself.
>>
>>63159745
You can have multiple vice presidents in a company, it's not like the government where you can only have one.
>>
>>63159757
>texture
It's a good point. We can't really judge by appearance alone, perhaps some of the cards feels better to the touch.
>>
They all look the same and that's the point
>>
>>63159745
>working in a gas station
>>
>>63159827
But they're clearly different.
>>
>>63158172
Bryce's is the best. It's the most aggressive and authoritative of the four without being too overbearing, like he's someone that can take charge and not fuck things up.
I'd say Bateman and Allen are pretty much tied, subtle and elegant, indicating clients you can both trust and count on.
Van Patten and Luis though clearly don't know what they are doing, and should be fired.
>>
>>63159743

Paul Allen's font is too wide IMO. The type of thing you'd put on a storefront, and not on a business card. The best thing that you can do with a business card is clean, small legibility - just like you're reading a book with small letters on it - and Bateman's card uses the best font for that - (which also fits the Anglo-capitalist nature of his business).

I really disagree with all the people who are saying Allen has the best card, although perhaps I need to re-watch the scene for context that others are pointing out - which is undoubtedly influencing their choices. I also now see other people's point about how Bateman's stuff is slightly off-center (specifically, the top-matter is too low), but I honestly didn't notice it until they pointed it out. The font is just so good relative to the other four that it ends up not mattering IMO.
>>
>>63159743
There is nothing wrong with Paul Allen's card because it is the superior card.
>>
>>63159519

Also this guy is right. My pleb factory had three "vice presidents" of various things when I left; and had cycled through others of equivalent title earlier.
>>
>>63158172
IT'S SPELLED "ACQUISITIONS".

WITH A FUCKING C.
>>
>>63159519
Actually, if you watched the movie, the point is that they all take the name of vice president because none of them actually do any work. Try watching the movie.
>>
File: American Psycho in 120s.webm (3 MB, 320x136) Image search: [Google]
American Psycho in 120s.webm
3 MB, 320x136
>>
Can someone explain the " die yuppie scum" writing on the wall. Didn't Bateman hate everyone indiscriminately? Like when he stabbed the homeless guy after telling him to get a job. Doesn't .make sense to do that and then hate young professionals
>>
>>63159827
In context (i.e. not in a purpose built comparison jpeg), the clear point was that the cards are all basically the same, and it was hilarious! This feeds into the ongoing theme that the characters look the same, wear the same clothes, lead the same lifestyle etc. Great movie.
>>
>>63160572

It's almost as if the Bateman character is an inconsistent, crazy, irrational, unreliable narrator.
>>
/v/ is having one hell of a GET thread
>>>/v/318309419
>>
>>63160572
He hates himself
>>
>who is card
>>
>>63158172

Allen's is pretty overrated

the bottom looks too cluttered due to using 2 lines while also having a relatively large font size
the font itself is a little too "fantasy" looking I'd say for the kind of business he's in

Overall I think Bryce's is actually the best
the simplicity and cleanness of the sans serif font and the spacing gives it a modern and approachable look while the texturing adds some visual flare in order to avoid being too boring
>>
>>63159564
The phone number and company name are too far down on Bateman's, and the serifs of that typeface are too exaggerated.
Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 6

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.