[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Has there ever been a more divisive season in television history
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3
File: TrueDetectiveS2.jpg (54 KB, 640x332) Image search: [Google]
TrueDetectiveS2.jpg
54 KB, 640x332
Has there ever been a more divisive season in television history than True Detective season two?

Some say its complete shit, others say its better than season one.

What camp do you fall into?

But the answer is the better
>>
Every season of Lost after the first one.

The correct answer is that they're shit[/quote]
>>
>>63156399
>others say its better than season one.

Literally no one said this, other than the occasional /tv/ shitpost.
>>
The Sopranos season 4 is either regarded to be the best season or the worst, depending on what kind of fan of the show you are. For the record I think it's the best.

Also The Wire season 2 of course. It's okay, 1, 3 and 4 are superior.
>>
I'm in the "not as good as Season 1, but I still liked it more" camp, though I recognize that it's got a lot of flaws.

Anyway, to answer your question:

The Wire Season 2
Arrested Development Season 4
Twin Peaks Season 2
24 Season (whichever one has the Chinese come back)
>>
The camp that never watched it.
>>
>>63156399

It's not divisive at all, you'll get a few sympathetic fans saying season 2 is not as shit as claimed but I don't think anyone who isn't a contrarian genuinely believes season 2 is an improvement

But then again... Vince gave birth to a meme that requires actual effort
>>
Sopranos 4 and 6A, both of which are among the best in the show
>>
The gay cop ruined it.
>>
I really wanted to like Season 2 but I just had to drop it. I cared about nothing
>>
I wouldn't say it's really divisive. There's basically the "it's total shit" camp and the "it's ok" camp.

To be divisive there would have to be a significant number of people who think it's legitimately great
>>
>>63156399
>others say its better than season one.
who the fuck said this
>>
First 3 eps were shit
After that it started slowly getting better, with episode 6 being the highlight iirc, and after that a satisfying finale (one that was way darker than the first season)

Overall it was pretty good, but with some serious flaws, not as good as season 1
>>
>>63157055
This exactly. It really lacked focus and the case itself was lacklustre.
>>
>>63156399
best season of true detective and better than both seasons of fargo
>>
>>63156486
It's on par with season 1. there are more themes plebs don't catch and upsets fedoras, lib critics, and feminists.
>>
>>63157055
Pretty much this, yeah.
I don't know why people on /tv/ can't be reasonable, it's either complete shit or a masterpiece of art, and if it's mediocre it'll fall on complete shit.
A genuine 7/10 season, i honestly don't get the hate
>>
>>63156694
Caspere knew this.
>>
>>63156399
It seemed better but after one or two episodes, you realise it's not. And then it gets worse. But really the whole concept of the show from the start is idiotic.
How to use every cop clichés and just wrap up any type of story around that.
I'm pretty sure next one will have at least one black cop and a white guy.
>>
Literally the only people who say season 2 is better than season 1 are shitposters and contrarian hipster fags. Nobody in their right mind thinks season 2 is even on par with season 1.
>>
it's worse than season 1 but the finale is better than the previous one which was complete shit
>>
The whole show is shit. You know it's true, but you wanna love it because it has good reputation.
>>
Season 1 was better overall. The finale lacked the oomph of season 2 but it was worthwhile to enjoy all the episodes as they were connected.

Season 2 just tried to do A LOT in those 8 episodes which wasn't possible. Also it got better after the first 4 episodes while S1 was great from the start.
>>
S1 started off great, ended shit.

S2 started off shit, ended great.

Pizza Poetry
>>
Never lost my keys. Never even had a fucking keychain.

They say a bird in the hand is worth two in the bush, but all I got are broken eggs and my hedges need to be trimmed.

Like riding a fucking bike? I don't have a handle bar, Ray. Never even put on the fucking training wheels.

This place is a pinata, Ray. And here I am, like the fucking pinata wizard, crouching among the candy. Not anymore. Caspere knew this.

My old man used to tell me about this guy, he was missing his left foot. I asked him "Pop, does he still have to buy a whole pair?" He said no and locked me in the basement. When it's dark, I wonder where all those shoes are.

They tell me something lost is always in the last place you look. Well, Ray, I'm done looking and I ain't found shit.

Vince posting was the only good thing to come out of Season 2 (along with Ray's and Vince's dream sequences and the sad bar singer)
>>
I liked it but it certainly wasn't better than season 1
>>
File: 89671231738454897.png (104 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
89671231738454897.png
104 KB, 500x281
Frank's death walk > entire season 1
>>
File: image.jpg (141 KB, 800x629) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
141 KB, 800x629
>>63158748
>>63157666
These guys know what's up
>>
THE WAR WAS LOST

Good soundtrack for it

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjg43nzSYck
Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.