[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Give me one
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5
File: image.jpg (36 KB, 720x405) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
36 KB, 720x405
Give me one
>>
He's a good actor who's been in some good movies.
>>
I'd contend that he hasn't really delivered an Oscar-worthy performance yet

Maybe the Wolf of Wall Street? I know people say he just shouts and makes funny faces but I thought there was a lot more to that performance
>>
>>63154868
He hasn't slept with a black man
>>
File: 1546756785675.jpg (31 KB, 359x278) Image search: [Google]
1546756785675.jpg
31 KB, 359x278
Hollywood is always trying to put leading men into dresses in some way or another, why? im not too sure. but at some point, during some movie, it happens. Think about it. Leo however, has been very against that. Therefore he is being snubbed until he gives in.
>>
>>63154868
So everyone can shut up already.
>>
Because he was in Gangs of New York.
>>
DUDE SHOUTING UNCONTROLLABLY IS ACTING LMAO
>>
>>63155163
That isn't all he does you underage
>>
>>63154868
Because his work as Arnie Grape was one of the best performances of the year, and arguably best of the nominees.
>>
HE ACTUALLY CUT HIS HAND IN DJANGO UNCHAINED BUT HE KEPT ACTING THE ABSOLUTE MADMAN GIB HIM OSCAR RITE NOW!!!!!!
>>
>>63154868
He's trying to damn hard
>>
>>63154932
>I'd contend that he hasn't really delivered an Oscar-worthy performance yet

thats absurd

oscars are of course silly, arbitrary awards, but if so many other winners deserved them, like Redmayne just recently, Leo might as well deserve one too, as he is actually a damned good actor
>>
The reason Leo doesn't have an Oscar is that he has never given a performance that deserves one.

The meme exists because Reddit. He's in all their favorite movies, like Shutter Island, Inception, and Django Unchained.
>>
>>63155205
so*, so damn hard

didn't want anyone to think I meant "too"
>>
>>63155187
sup reddit
>>
If he didn't get one for Aviator, I doubt he will ever get one.
>>
File: 1429284481616.jpg (51 KB, 562x730) Image search: [Google]
1429284481616.jpg
51 KB, 562x730
>mfw leo actually give great performance but /tv/ will meme about it anyway
>>
>>63155238
Have you seen his work in What's Eating Gilbert Grape? Or Aviator? Hell, J. Edgar and Great Gatsby are both sub-bar movies, but he gives great performances that consist of much more than yelling.
The Departed too. And Django. Jesus, you are so wrong, and I'm not even a Leo fan.
>>
File: 1410894978591.jpg (276 KB, 778x1018) Image search: [Google]
1410894978591.jpg
276 KB, 778x1018
His awful acting ruined The Departed, a movie where even fucking Marky Mark was in his A-game. His career should have ended right there.
>>
>>63155326
Literally a reddit opinion
>>
>>63154993
>taking that 2-bit crackhead negro seriously
People put on dresses for (easy) comedy's sake, to interrupt a character's staunch masculinity and it's also a bit of a callback to Shakespearean times when men also portrayed female characters on the stage.
>Hollywood conspiracy
Dumbest fucking thing I ever heard.
>>
>>63154868
There is only one reason to ever win an Oscar: be the best performing lead male in any given year. Leo has never done this.
>>
>>63155376
But that's not even a fucking opinion you memeshitter.
He did more than shout uncontrollably in What's Eating Gilbert Grape.
>>
>Blood Diamond

Only film I have ever turned off after ten mins.
Pretty engaging prior to his appearance and accent.
>>
>>63155417
or, you know, do something that involves prosthetics, an elaborate costume, act someone with a disability, etc
>>
Because if that fag from The Artist could win Best Actor, then anything is possible.
>>
He usually ruins every movie he's in for me, and the year he did okay, there were other actors who did a better job.
>>
>>63154932
He should've won for The Aviator. That's his only performance I've ever felt was completely deserving of an Oscar.
>>
>>63155488
>>63155488
Or be Daniel Day-Lewis. He gets Oscars from the most boring performances, like There Will Be Blood and fucking Lincoln. And a nomination for Bill the Butcher? He was atrocious.
>>
>>63155497

He was terrific
>>
>>63155640
I thought he was great in TWBB but yeah, much of the hype around him is just the crazy backstories about how he got into character. He was hilarious in Gangs of New York but yeah probably not Oscar-worthy.
>>
1. He can't act
2. He can't act
3. He can't act
4. He can't act
5. He can't act
6. He can't act
7. He can't act
8. He can't act
9. He can't act
10. He can't act
>>
>>63155691
>I thought he was great in TWBB
stopped reading there
Your bait needs to be upgraded. Compliment him in one of the movies he wasn't disgustingly hammy "lol imma shout things in a fake accent"
Like... Umm... Yeah.
>>
>>63155757
whatever dude
>>
>>63155427
Child roles dont count
>>
File: giphy.gif (299 KB, 200x144) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
299 KB, 200x144
HEEEYYY HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

IM ACTING

AAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHh
>>
>>63155640
I was going to answer your stupid ass seriously, but then I read this>>63155757
And realized you are just a bad troll. DDL
>hammy
>fake accent
>TWBB
He's going all out!

>>63155832
Well, he did other things than scream in the Aviator, which I think was his best performance.
But he should have gotten the Oscar from Gilbert Grape
>>
>>63155888

Are actors forbidden to raise their voices above some level ?
>>
he's a better actor than deniro and if deniro can get an oscar for his dreadful performance in the godafther 2 then the awards really don't mean much. we already knew this though
>>
>>63154868
Because its a meritless meme award it might as well be given to a meme actor for a meme reason
>>
>>63154868
What's eating Gilbert Grape.
>>
>>63155745
read op again, dumbass
Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.