[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
> Confirmed for movie of the year > No discussion anywhere
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 2
> Confirmed for movie of the year
> No discussion anywhere

What gives?
>>
>>63153339
>Anonymous 11/29/15(Sun)13:19:10 No.631
plebs
>>
im going to go out on a limb here and say the reason nobody is discussing it is because it doesnt come out till january and nobody has seen it

but thats just a hunch
>>
it's not out yet
there's nothing in the trailer we can make a meme out of it
>>
>meme DiCaprio
>meme director
>meme cinematographer
>DUDE LONG TAKES LMAO
>give Leo the Oscar amirite xDDD
literally pleb bait the movie
>>
>n 1823 legendary explorer and fur trapper Hugh Glass (Leonardo DiCaprio) is brutally attacked by a bear and left for dead by members of his own hunting team. In a quest to survive, Glass endures unimaginable grief as well as the betrayal of his confidant John Fitzgerald (Tom Hardy). Guided by sheer will and the love of his family, Glass must navigate a vicious winter in a relentless pursuit to live and find redemption.

Sounds boring
>>
please give him the oscar so we can stop hearing these shitty reddit jokes
>>
*sigh* Give it a rest Leo
>>
>>63153417
>>give Leo the Oscar amirite xDDD

This. It's not even reddit tier, its worse. These underage 2gag autistic homosexuals are responsible for the worst kind of shitposting this board has seen.
>>
>all the characters are white males

lmfao confirmed biggest flop of the decade
>>
>>63153457
i saw a trailer for it in the theater the other day actually looked pretty good, very intense
>>
>>63153495
there have been threads claiming the movie is a masterpiece since the trailer, even though no one has actually seen it. it's kind of adorable how inept the shilling is.
>>
>>63153495

No, at the moment the Star Wars shills are worse.
>>
>>63153339
because it genuinely looks very good and /tv/ only talks about films for their meme value

>/film/ when?
>>
>>63153339
>draped in the furs of cold weather animals
he looks more comfy than Ive been for the last few days in all honesty my blood
>>
>>63153544
>>63153594
I'm not talking about the movie, but about the 'poor Leo no Oscar' meme. I'm genuinely pretty hyped about the film itself.
>>
Dicaprio a shit
>>
>>63153339
It insists upon itself
>>
>hackarritu
>movie of the year

sure, kid
>>
Only movie this year shot with natural light... just saying.
>>
haha dicaprio suxs xD do i fit in yet guys?
>>
>>63153822
If an obvious effort is put into something, people here won't like it.

>meme
>pretentious
>reddit
>trying too hard

We need /film/ to be quite honest
>>
>>63153457
Fur trapper named huge ass
>>
>>63153842
>le funny no oscar man
>>
>>63153822
Source?
>>
>>63153339
>DiCaprio being a living meme himself
>that faggot who directed the most edgy and cringeworthy movie of the past decade
at least it has Tom Hardy in it.
>>
>>63153842
There's a reason this only happens with him, the reason being it's true.
>>
>>63154344
>>that faggot who directed the most edgy and cringeworthy movie of the past decade
Refn?
>>
>>63153881
i know you're just hoping for the best but you're naive if you think /film/ wouldn't eventually turn into a shitposting shithole
>>
>>63154344
>most edgy and cringeworthy
Elaborate
>>
File: Untitled.png (12 KB, 499x175) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
12 KB, 499x175
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>63154395
he's probably talking about wolf of wall street

remember guys
>popular = baaaaad
>>
>>63154391
/tv/ has fallen because every fag who's ever watched tv can find solace and since /b/ is literally uninhabitable, shitposters need somewhere to hang out

if /film/ was only full of actual movie discussion and the meme threads were ignored, the shitposters would have no reason to move from here
>>
>>63154391
Yeah just like /lit/ is a shitposting shithole right? If people can discuss books, they can discuss films. It just needs proper rules and moderation for the first months, then the board itself will naturally filter the shitposters as it'll be easier and draw more attention to shitpost in the old /tv/.
>>
>>63153339
No one has seen it yet you beatific buffoon
>>
>>63153724
well you shouldn't be. there is no evidence that it will be good whatsoever.
>>
>>63154460
Tracking shots are a meme these days (see everyone praising the hell out of the True Detective one and the Game of Thrones one)

Also Inarritu did that shit with Birdman and the camerawork was fucking awful. Imagining it with Leo shouting and looking angry in a desperate bid to win an Oscar just doesn't interest me
>>
>>63154460
Iniratu is more interested in pandering to the idea of what a good film is like than crafting a good story.
>>
>>63154640
>there is no evidence that it will be good whatsoever
Inarritu's filmography
>>
Literally Wikipedia the movie.
>>
>>63154659
>the camerawork was fucking awful

know how i know you're a pleb?
>>
>>63154765
literally shit: the post
>>
>>63154699
he sucks. birdman was pandering trash.
>>
>>63154699
21 grams was a piece of shit. Birdman was mediocre.
>>
>>63154699
>Inarritu

Literally Nolan: the spic
>>
if you dont find yoUR movies in trash cans on vhs from cambdia its shit to be honest
>>
>>63154857
>>63154873
>>63154908
>trash
>piece of shit
>mediocre
>nolan
Jesus christ could your posts be any more unsubstantial? Are you guys capable of expressing your thoughts in non-meme terms?
>>
>muh survival
>muh revenge
>muh son
Jesus chirst of sick of these MUH movies...
>>
>>63155034
seriously, name a single film that can't be reduced to
>muh "x"
>>
>>63154983
the problem with Inaritu's films is that to describe why they are bad you have to get into whether the stories really add up to anything. it won't persuade anyone because his fans are primarily watching for the surface features of his films so you just wind up talking at cross purposes.

he's like Aaronovsky in that he makes empty movies that conform to the expected template of a serious film, so you can't really fault him except to point out that his stories ultimately wind up meaning nothing.
>>
>>63155034
So you are tired of movies? Then you probably should go to a tv thread or a shitposting thread.
>>
>>63153417
meme post
>>
DUUDUDUDUDUDUUDUDUDUDUDUDDDDDDEEEEEE DANCES WITH WOLVES WITH NATURAL LIGHTING LMAO
>>
>>63153457
could be, but also knowing that most of the latest survival movies had a good, intense story I say that this will be good. Not sure about Oscar worthy, but definitely good.
>>
>>63155212
Films don't need a "point" or "add up to something", but that's harder to explain and i'm not in the mood. The "point" makes is the same one that 8 1/2, made, which is basically a story about and artist struggling with the success of his past facing a bleaker and uninspired future. It's basically the same film with a broadway and hollywood twist. Babel, 21 grams, and Amores perros (his best imo) are stories about humans living their lives, affecting and being affected by others. They're very foward and sincere, i don't know what kind of meaning you want from his films. Who are your favorite directors? Also it's not so hard to be coherent is it? Thanks fäm

>>63155654
So every thread? /film/ is the answer
>>
>>63155836
>Talks about coherence condescendingly
>Makes typos and eats up words
I fucked up desu senpai
>>
>>63153339
Why would they discuss anything with DiCaprio in it? Then they'd HAVE to give him an oscar.
>>
>>63153395
How did you find this post in the midst of the dozen active Star Wars threads?
Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.