[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this as good as everyone says? shows I like >mad men
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /tv/ - Television & Film

Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3
File: fargo_tv_on_fx.0_cinema_1200.0.png (2 MB, 1200x675) Image search: [Google]
fargo_tv_on_fx.0_cinema_1200.0.png
2 MB, 1200x675
Is this as good as everyone says?

shows I like
>mad men
>deadwood
>the sopranos
>the wire
>>
>>63152499
>liking Mad C.uck

No hope for you.
>>
>>63152565
>being this pleb
>>
Sopranos, Mad Men, Deadwood and The Wire are primarily art shows whereas Fargo is just an entertainment show, like Breaking Bad.
>>
>>63152815
Not even remotely close to Breaking Bad.
>>
S1 is great.

S2 is kind of shit outside of a few characters
>>
>>63152961
i only watch shows like breaking bad and game of thrones and i loved fargo
>>
>>63152499
It's good but not nearly as good as people are making it ou to be.
Probably the most overpraised show alongside Breaking Bad
>>
>>63153011
I love the movie like season 1 season 2 is good so far IMO.
>>
it's funny
>>
>>63153071
I feel like it is the most underrated show on /tv/ in a while, Fargo is great.

People like to pretend that Breaking Bad was praised from the start and normies always liked it, but not until the final season did it get mainstream.
>>
>>63153174
People like to pretend they've been here for more than a few weeks too
>>
>>63153071
The most overpraised show is LOST
>>
Sounds like edgelord shit to me
>>
>>63152499
It's the best show on television right now. The first season was excellent and the second season has somehow managed to be even better.
>>
>>63153174
>I feel like it is the most underrated show on /tv/ in a while
I don't know where you're crossposting from but you should leave and go back to your home board
>>
>>63153407
Do you keep pasting this in fargo threads? the fuck
>>
>>63153470
Not him but it is the truth.
>>
>>63153503
No it's not
>>
>>63152565
proof the kek meme has gone to far

Also, Walking Pleb fan confirmed, bet you like Low Winter Sun as well
>>
>>63153470
No.
>>
>>63153011
Ok well see you're starting to refine your tastes and grow up there little guy
>>
>>63153539
the c.uck meme got old 7 years ago
>>
Its pretty flat and wooden and built entirely upon blatant contrivance. All of which it tries to excuse with the claim it is a "true" story.
>>
>>63152499
I really like Fargo. I liked season 1 way better than season 2 though.

>>63152815
Sopranos, Mad Men, Deadwood and The Wire are primarily art shows whereas Fargo is just an entertainment show, like Breaking Bad.

Have you seen Fargo this season?!? It's artsy as fuck. Also, The Sopranos fucking sucked.
>>
>>63153620
I agree with you about The Sopranos. People only like it so much because of the violence and the obnoxious Italian-American stereotypes
>>
File: AbeOik6.jpg (3 KB, 160x160) Image search: [Google]
AbeOik6.jpg
3 KB, 160x160
>>63153868
>>
File: 1241478033620.png (589 KB, 595x586) Image search: [Google]
1241478033620.png
589 KB, 595x586
>>63153620
That is an absurd amount of bait.
>>
>>63152961
You're right it deserves it's own tier above Breaking Bad but below the ones OP listed.
>>
>>63152499
No. Season one was goat, true dark humor and crime with awesome well developed carachters.
Season 2 is shit so far, dark humor is no longer the show "thing" and too much "le ebin one-liners/monologues carachters"

also, check em cuz im rite
>>
>>63152499

The series you listed are the greatest ever. I dropped Fargo 2 episodes in, hard to get through. Coens lite without the talent.
>>
>>63153071
this
>>
I gave the first season a watch because it was on hulu. Key & Peel make a brief appearance I thought that was good. It was kind of wierd seeing the hobbit as a anti-hero, but I like familiar faces. I haven't watched season 2 of fargo, but I've seen the trailers, and it looks interesting. I think season 2 is about the coffee shops owners experience when he was a state cop.
>>
>>63153868
Or because it was good, but your inability to appreciate it is cool, too. Somebody has to be the faggot.
>>
>>63153174
I think you're right. I didn't start watching until season 4,and even then it wasn't something that everyone was talking about.
>>
Oh ya.
>>
>>63152499
The only show on tv show on now close to Fargo is Leftovers and Fargo is better.
>>
>and Meme Actor #1 as Ronald Reagan
>>
Yes, it is
>>
> People are now hating on S2 and parading S1, just because S2 is popular atm

Season 1 is good, solid 7 or 8. Season 2 has been amazing so far and is a 9 or 10.

Anyone who says S1 is better then S2 is full of shit.
>>
>>63156893

>Meme Actor

The last resort of someone with no brain or an intelligent criticism.
>>
>>63157829
They do it to piss you off, and obviously it works.
>>
>>63156845
>The only show on tv show on now close to Fargo is Leftovers and Fargo is better.

I gave up on Leftovers after 4 episodes, is it worth picking up again?
>>
>>63154463

Thank's for wasting bandwidth, my screen's real estate, and ATP while writing this, you fuck.
>>
>>63157981

S2 is much more mature, and really hones in on the aspects that made me hopeful of S1.

It's a bit behind Fargo in constant quality, but the last episode that aired is a fantastic foray in to absurdism, and borders kafka-esque at times.
>>
>>63152499
First season is absolute garbage.
>>
>>63158955
>S2 is much more mature
why? because it's more serious? it's a typical period crime drama outside of that.
>>
>>63157981
Kevin kills Patti in a whale
>>
>>63159050
he's talking about leftovers
>>
S1 had an amazing atmosphere, interesting comedy and a god tier OST.

S2 has felt kind of devoid of what made S1 so unique, even if it's had stronger characters and direction.
>>
>>63152961
It's definitely the show that most resembles Breaking Bad that's currently airing
>ordinary people getting above their heads in hardcore crime shit
>mix of drama and humor
>heavy relilance on music and montage
>>
If you liked the movie, you'll love S1.
If you want more, S2 is different but not bad at all. I'd say it's above average to great.
>>
>>63152499
You got shit taste son, stop watching tv or visiting this board.
>>
>>63152499
The characters in Fargo S2 feel a lot more shallow then the characters in the shows you mention. A lot of this might be due to the fact we're only getting these characters for 10 episodes while the competing shows have several seasons to develop theirs, but there it is.

That said, I think in all respects besides those (cinematography, music, story) Fargo's second season is unmatched. Definitely give it a shot. It's a very polished show.
>>
>>63159642
In fact, kill yourself.
Thread replies: 55
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.